Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 05-08-2003, 04:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default Problem.....

Guys I've been working on my car the last day or so and have run into a problem. The rear diff seems to bind up the drive train when I install it and tighten down the diff case cover. I think if I play with the number of shims I use I can fix the problem but I just wanted to know if maybe I was overlooking something???
Old 05-08-2003, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i id n t have this problem everything fits perfectly, u shouldn't add shims just re-do the rear diff case carefully.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Problem.....

Originally posted by The Teacher
Guys I've been working on my car the last day or so and have run into a problem. The rear diff seems to bind up the drive train when I install it and tighten down the diff case cover. I think if I play with the number of shims I use I can fix the problem but I just wanted to know if maybe I was overlooking something???
Teacher, so did I. Its feel like a "click", right?
Old 05-08-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Default Caster Block

Anyone, have a part number for 6 deg caster block? Does Yokomo make one?

If not how do I get 5 or 6 deg caster?
Old 05-08-2003, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

in Japan, Yokomo has a light weight drive shaft made from grahpite for the SD. just a matter of when it will be released

Last edited by racer; 05-08-2003 at 05:36 AM.
Old 05-08-2003, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Teacher - is the small bevel gear tightened right down and straight? I gave mine a little tap before screwing them on to make sure they were fully on the shaft. My gear cases and diffs are perfect with the standard shimming.

komkit - no 6 deg blocks yet - car has 5 degrees caster as standard (4 degree block, 1 degree kickup). You could use the supplied shims to increase/decrease kickup, to get more/less caster (changing kickup has a different effect to simply changing caster though)
Old 05-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sosidge

komkit - no 6 deg blocks yet - car has 5 degrees caster as standard (4 degree block, 1 degree kickup). You could use the supplied shims to increase/decrease kickup, to get more/less caster (changing kickup has a different effect to simply changing caster though)
Yeah, that's what I though but wasn't sure. So, 5 deg should be enough for me for carpet then.
Thanks
Old 05-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

sosidge, that could be it I will try this to see if it fixes my problem.

thanks......
Old 05-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Tech

I only put 2 shims up front and 2 in the rear..
Old 05-08-2003, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by komkit
Yeah, that's what I though but wasn't sure. So, 5 deg should be enough for me for carpet then.
Thanks
You might need a little bit more then 5 deg of caster for carpet. Your just going to need alot of spare-parts...

Are you going to Frederick Sat ?
Old 05-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Parts I would like to see for the SD...

Originally posted by sosidge
In no particular order...

1) Front shock tower with an extra, lower row of shock mounting holes - out of the box, the car has limited front suspension downtravel, and a huge amount of unnecessary uptravel. A lower mounting hole would let you run sensible ride height and droop without having to fit longer shock ends/bodies, or unscrew the standard ends. The rear shock mounts could also be a tiny (like 1mm) bit lower.

2) Alumium suspension mounts, with rotating bushings - like Hotbodies make for the Pro 3 - so you don't have to force the plastic parts and suspension pins to get alternative toe and kick-up. In particular, I think the forward rear mount should be available with the bushings, because mine has already been stretched by running 3deg toe, and I'll start to develop play in the mounts if I use other settings.

4) Alternative caster blocks.

5) Graphite plastic parts - particularly the caster blocks, which are a little on the flexy side in the standard plastic.

6) Outdrive rings with slots - it's a real pain trying to manhandle the diffs out to adjust them - 2 screws access is brilliant, but it takes two more minutes (and more disassembly) to get the driveshafts out. Larger diameter rings, with slots in them to let the driveshafts slide straight out (like on the Pro 3) would make diff access and adjustment much easier. It would also speed up spur changes.

7) Rear input shaft with two flats on it for the spur holder grub screw to locate on - with one flat, it's easy to slie the spur holder on and have it facing the wrong way once you get the pin in - with two flats, it wouldn't matter. Could be home made with a file or dremel I suppose.

I would appreciate other owners thoughts on these parts - should Yokomo be making them?
Can I add a few more???

* A WIDE bumper from RPM!!!
* maybe aluminum diff cases or some other material that you can screw in tighter.
* caster blocks with king pin and sleeve...like the TC3's and LOSI's. I remember having to replace king pins on the old yokes all the time

Old 05-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Parts I would like to see for the SD...

Originally posted by glide 1
Can I add a few more???

* A WIDE bumper from RPM!!!
* maybe aluminum diff cases or some other material that you can screw in tighter.
* caster blocks with king pin and sleeve...like the TC3's and LOSI's. I remember having to replace king pins on the old yokes all the time

Diff case like this?

This one is made for the EVO-III...
SD version is probably in the works...
Old 05-08-2003, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

who make this????
i don't really think it is very useful(it will make the car heavier), but it does really look cool!
Old 05-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Yes!!! Like that!

Who makes those? Square?
Old 05-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Yes!!! Like that!

Originally posted by glide 1
Who makes those? Square?
Yes...from Square..
visite: http://www.rc-square.com/

I'm sure they will release a full line of option parts for the SD as they did with the EVO-III.

Tobbee Craft will be releasing parts as well.
http://www3.kcn.ne.jp/~tobee/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.