Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by squarehead
The general starting point for just about every car out there for VTA is the standard kit rubber tire setup, or the accepted community rubber tire setup. Start from there and there usually isn't very much that needs to be changed outside of minor adjustments to suit your own driving style.

Generally, you probably aren't going to find huge setup differences for VTA cars. If you have something working well, fine tune it to YOUR driving style and get faster with something that is personal to you, not someone else.
Guess you dont like to try different setups. I like to see how other setups work. Yes I know everyones car is setup for themselves but......there are always areas with how their car is setup that may or may not help my car. I like to test and tune. I have been racing long enough and know how to get my car to handle. I am just asking so i can have other setups to try. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

No, I would rather not screw with something that is working, but that's just me. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, but you asked the question like you wanted to change things just to change them. Would it not be more productive to find different things that might improve your car on your own by experimenting yourself?

I'm just sayin'...
Old 05-06-2011, 07:28 AM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Guess you dont like to try different setups. I like to see how other setups work. Yes I know everyones car is setup for themselves but......there are always areas with how their car is setup that may or may not help my car. I like to test and tune. I have been racing long enough and know how to get my car to handle. I am just asking so i can have other setups to try. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Even when it works , it can always work better.

I think tinkering with minor chassis settings is a big part of the challenge in r/c,while it adds a bit of realism.

For me , it is as though there is always something new. We in Richmond VA are blessed with the option of offroad, crawling,dirt oval,and onroad.
Most of which ,can be had any day of the week.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-usvta_shield_tiny.jpgLong live VTA Racing at Mike's Hobby Shop Raceway!Click image for larger version

Name:	USVTA_Shield_tiny.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	748412
Old 05-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Attachment 748412Long live VTA Racing at Mike's Hobby Shop Raceway!Attachment 748412
love it....you guys have alot of excitement going on in Dallas...glad to see it...

I would like to see other cities check in weekly on their VTA races...oh I used to do that...

so who going 1st...I would but we are off for Mother Day...anybody get VTA on Saturday?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I would like to see other cities check in weekly on their VTA races...oh I used to do that...

so who going 1st...I would but we are off for Mother Day...anybody get VTA on Saturday?
Here in the Sacramento/Roseville (northern california) area we're in the middle of a 5 race point series for VTA; our class is still starting/growing, but we had 11 entrants at the last race and expect more than that for the next one!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by slashdriver
Here in the Sacramento/Roseville (northern california) area we're in the middle of a 5 race point series for VTA; our class is still starting/growing, but we had 11 entrants at the last race and expect more than that for the next one!
Cali checking in....thats cool the series...we have a 8 race series here as well for VTA and USGT...its for the CUP....check it out

USVTA CUP SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP 2011

APRIL-JULY

8 RACES GETS YOU IN THE SERIES...ANY 8!!!

ENTRY FEE WILL BE SAME AS ANY RACE

100 POINTS FOR 1ST
99 POINTS FOR 2ND
98 POINTS FOR 3RD
ECT...

10 BONUS POINTS FOR OUT OF TOWN EVENTS LISTED HERE

5 BONUS POINTS FOR TQ

5 BONUS POINTS FOR CONCORSE(WHEN ALLOWED)

CLASSES WILL BE FULL VTA AND USGT

RATHER LARGE CUP TROPHY TO THE EACH CHAMPION...

4 OR MORE MUST CONTEST IN A RACE FOR IT TO COUNT

SPONSORS:KRC,AE,NOVAK,HPI
Old 05-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Darkside....what timing are you running on the motor and what FDR are you running when you race at thunder?
Old 05-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

is there a big asphalt race for vta??
where is it held @??

i was asking because i would love for a big vta race...be held @ my local track in dayton ohio...nice size track 110 x 50..(close to that)..6' high driver stand...hobby store on site/food

im just dreaming
Old 05-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Pray Saints. Soon we will have a home for VTA in North GA.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
love it....you guys have alot of excitement going on in Dallas...glad to see it...

MIkes Hobby was running today, Im waiting to hear what kind of turn out they had. I missed it. Back at it next weekend.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by texastc
MIkes Hobby was running today, Im waiting to hear what kind of turn out they had. I missed it. Back at it next weekend.

not enough people showed up for onroad at mikes today. But atleast 4 more are getting VTA cars ready. so thats atleast 12 that I know of.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Thumbs up

There is definitely a TON of interest in VTA racing at Mike's Hobby Shop in Carrollton, TX. I started a thread back in February 2011 and today it has over 2400 views and over 320 posts.

Check out the thread for yourself... http://mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3/vie...php?f=3&t=7588

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-usvta_banner.png
http://web.me.com/klbwalker/mvtarc

Last edited by wwddww34; 05-08-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The VTA racing in Northern CA is getting huge. We now have well over 30 racers with registered numbers now. If you have a VTA and make the drive it will be worth it. Speedworld is the best racing facility in the western states. Check SpeedWorldraceway.com for the schedule. Here are some pictures from the last race. (Thanks Nel)

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g2...%20Apr%202011/
Old 05-09-2011, 02:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

to the VTA rules makers:

If you guys get Pm's etc asking for rules clarification can you post up what you said and on the website rules section?

I have a guy who constantly says you guys said stuff and I never see it on the USVTA website or here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.