Community
Wiki Posts
Search

jamming X2 CRT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
im sorry but the Jammin is alot better than you think. have you even driven one? i have driven all the truggys because i switching to something else. but honestly i have no clue why i did. the last race i ran my X2, i won by almost 2 laps in Pro truggy. also you talking about 0 offsets being better is wrong. the jammin was built for half offset but people are getting the extenders to run 0 offset just because you can find those wheels easier. i still have my X2 and probably still run it some. but jammin has just as good of steering as teh HB, no joke, it just turns differently. the HB is easier to drive fast but the X2 is just as good, i even think im faster with it.

but I<3RC:
do not get an RC8T RTR, they have alot of problem, mainly shocks. the RC8T kit is awesome not going to lie but the RTR isnt. the Jammin X2 RTR is good and all but buying it then convert will end up costing you double of what a complete race kit with all electronic and engine would cost. go to ebay and bid on each part piece by piece. i did my kit that way, took me a month but i built my complete kit for $250 total. but i already had engine and electronics. also the RTR doesnt even have the same chassis as the kit. BUT the X2 RTR is good, the only must IMO is the shock towers (bend super easy) and a bump box. the roto start strips very easy. also my kit i have right now is 6 races old but its going on ebay sunday, unless i decide to keep it.
yea ill proably just save a little longer and get the kit then what do you think it will cost me to complete the whole kit though?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I<3RC
yea ill proably just save a little longer and get the kit then what do you think it will cost me to complete the whole kit though?
depends on what you go for

but around these parts $400 for kit still
good servos are another $200(you need good servos trust me on this)
engines can be had for $200(werks,alpha,etc.)
set of tires$80
exhaust pipe...range from $40-$130 depending on what you buy
rx packs $20 bux

it really depends on what you buy TBH but don't let that scare you even if you have to wait a little longer in the end you'll be much more satisfied with the kit over the RTR and it'll be cheaper in the long run because a lot of the parts included with the Kit such as the shock towers,chassis,etc. are expensive(in retail hobby stores) you can try ebay which is def much cheaper but I haven't seen much jammin stuff online lately
Old 06-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

sweet but in your opinion what is a hella good kit?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Hey I<3RC,
I thought you were set on the X2 CRT or RC8T. The X2, in my opinion, would be the best choice and the cheapest BTW.

If you are looking for the "best" kit around then you might consider these two:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ion-Truggy-Kit

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ing-Truggy-Kit

I have driven both ... the build quality and parts quality of the Xray can't be beat.

However, you should really talk to the local racers and also check your LHS for parts availability.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default duh

Ya, if you would read, I stated I had the Jammin for almost a year and a half. Its all opinion bud, don't get all worked up. Sheesh.

And yes, it is clear that it is outdated. Seems odd to me when many of their tops drivers leave for other companies.. I won with the Jammin also dude, I'm not saying it can't win but for an ENTIRE package to race, Jammin is a little behind on several features.

As for the zero offset, sure it was designed for 1/2 offset as at that time everyone ran 1/2 offset. However why wouldn't you switch? The amount of traction gained from 1/2 offset does not in my opinion outweigh the gains in steering and balance.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by triplebvalp
Hey I<3RC,
I thought you were set on the X2 CRT or RC8T. The X2, in my opinion, would be the best choice and the cheapest BTW.

If you are looking for the "best" kit around then you might consider these two:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ion-Truggy-Kit

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ing-Truggy-Kit

I have driven both ... the build quality and parts quality of the Xray can't be beat.

However, you should really talk to the local racers and also check your LHS for parts availability.
i was but everything else is always an option
Old 06-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sweet but in your opinion what is a hella good kit?

i would get the kit: 250 ish if bought piece by piece on ebay if your patient
Alpha engine (orange head but i run the green head in my truggy too): 210
Alpha 0801 pipe: 80
hitec 7955: 120 (i think)
hitec 7950: 100
M11 radio (not the M11X): 275

thats the best IMO
Old 06-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone looking for a jammin truggy x-2crt I have one for sale, 250.00 obo roller minus wheels tires no motor or electronics, I'll throw in a x-1crt mostly complete plus lots of other spares for both trucks. If anyone is interested e-mail me [email protected]...
Old 06-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop
Ya, if you would read, I stated I had the Jammin for almost a year and a half. Its all opinion bud, don't get all worked up. Sheesh.

And yes, it is clear that it is outdated. Seems odd to me when many of their tops drivers leave for other companies.. I won with the Jammin also dude, I'm not saying it can't win but for an ENTIRE package to race, Jammin is a little behind on several features.

As for the zero offset, sure it was designed for 1/2 offset as at that time everyone ran 1/2 offset. However why wouldn't you switch? The amount of traction gained from 1/2 offset does not in my opinion outweigh the gains in steering and balance.
i want to know what makes it "out dated" i mean yeah its older and all but very capable to beat drake and lutz and all of them. nothing is wrong with the truggy. the reason people are switching is because ofna isnt paying them as much as others. nothing to do with the product. it has been said multiple times in magazines, alot of people thought ofna was going to stop making stuff because they back their pay down. just sayin.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

i would get the kit: 250 ish if bought piece by piece on ebay if your patient
Alpha engine (orange head but i run the green head in my truggy too): 210
Alpha 0801 pipe: 80
hitec 7955: 120 (i think)
hitec 7950: 100
M11 radio (not the M11X): 275

thats the best IMO
hey, jmaxey51 would you use all that in any truggy or just the jammin?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

hey, jmaxey51 would you use all that in any truggy or just the jammin?
in every truggy. i even run all of that in a buggy, just the orange head Alpha is to much for a buggy IMO but i run the Green head in both buggy and truggy. however the orange head has more bottom end grunt, and is great for truggy. im getting one for my truggy very soon.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

in every truggy. i even run all of that in a buggy, just the orange head Alpha is to much for a buggy IMO but i run the Green head in both buggy and truggy. however the orange head has more bottom end grunt, and is great for truggy. im getting one for my truggy very soon.
hey, jamxey what about that D8T of your? its good right? because if im going to get a kit i might as well get a good one.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

oh, and for an engine what about the axial .28RR-2?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

hey, jamxey what about that D8T of your? its good right? because if im going to get a kit i might as well get a good one.
the D8T is awesome, i love it! best thing i have driven. very durable too. only the bearing in the rear diff case are bad and will come apart fast. also the servo horn on the steering is junk, youll need the 7 dollar aluminum one. but other than that its perfect out of the box. im running the stick setup with 7k-10k-3k in the diffs front to rear. and did you see the price on a new kit? 325 you cant beat it. you can get one even cheaper on ebay sometimes.

also dont get anything but a 21. 28 are to much and gas hogs. what is your price range on a engine? you can get an ofna JL 21 for 175 (i think) on nitrohouse.com and that engine will fly.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

If you get a d8t go to stormer hobbies and look theirs. They have a free starter box that comes with it! i run the d8 and i love it. Ive ran the d8t and it was great too. I think that if you end up getting the d8t you will be happier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.