Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good stock motor for tc3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Good stock motor for tc3?

Well, I'm definitly in the right forum. I'm a rookie to elect. on road. I've had the gassers for a while but I recently got a Factory Team TC3 (elec). I have built it and installed a Hitec mg servo and a Novak xxtra Rx. I also picked up a Reedy quad 19t motor just for kicks. Eventually I want to race it and I'm wondering what is a solid stock motor to pick. I'm new to electrics so I'm looking for advice from people who have been doing this for a while. I've tried searching with OK results but I wanted to try to get a personal answer for my situation. So far it sounds like maybe the Orion Core stock motor would be a good choice. Any other suggestions?
Old 04-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

If you want to be competative off the bat get a trinity monster stock. I picked up a whole lap when I changed from the reedy mvp(almost the same as the core) to the monster stock.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

It depends on the track you race at, whether or not you need high RPM or torque. For a nice balance of both, I agree with the Trinity Monster, but for RPM I have had good experience with the P2KPro and the Fantom stock motor (REALLY good experience with the Fantom, killer stuff they got!!!). Best thing to do is go to the local track and see what the top drivers in the stock class are using. Of course, if the track has a sportsman class that is now using the Novak Brushless Motor System, GO FOR IT, these things are nice!! (But that's another threat entirely!!) Good luck and happy racing!!!
Old 04-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Monster Stock rpm motor or a P2K a good torgue motor.
Old 04-14-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

yeh monster stocks dominate out track. a good alround motor is the p2k2, its has heaps of torque and u can gear it pretty high with out damaging it.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Addict

Cool! Thanks for the replies. I'm going to order a Trinity monster and try it out. I'd also like to try the P2K but I'm not sure who makes it or where to order it from. Any links? Thanks again.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

P2K is made by Trinity as well.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

I have to agree, if you find someone out there still selling the P2K2 Pro, get one!! My friend borrowed mine when I got the Monster, and even thought he is still learning to drive the car in a straight line, when he did he was able to keep up!!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Monster or P2K

J240Z, the monster and the P2k are great motors. If you go with the ROTM make sure to gear it down a few teeth, or you run a chance of having this lovely white smoke and great smell pouring out of the motor. or you could show up this weekend to RCCAR's races being held in San Jose and ask around what stock motor works and why. and everyone is always willing to help out with gear questions on any motor.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation motors

Originally posted by Java1970
It depends on the track you race at, whether or not you need high RPM or torque. For a nice balance of both, I agree with the Trinity Monster, but for RPM I have had good experience with the P2KPro and the Fantom stock motor (REALLY good experience with the Fantom, killer stuff they got!!!). Best thing to do is go to the local track and see what the top drivers in the stock class are using. Of course, if the track has a sportsman class that is now using the Novak Brushless Motor System, GO FOR IT, these things are nice!! (But that's another threat entirely!!) Good luck and happy racing!!!
have you tried running a novak brushless motor on your kit?! have you noticed any big difference interms of performance? speed perhaps? or torque?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

Monster Stock seems to be the most popular just about everywhere. but, I am running Peak Hellfires and am right on pace with everyone else. Most should be pretty close to each other, but the tuned motors can make a big difference.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info guys. I am planning on trying to make it to an rccar event. However their racing hotline never works for me and I can't really find exact locations for their events other than "cambrian plaza" I don't know where that is. But as soon as I get a "hot tip" I'm there.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

have fun!!!
Old 04-29-2004, 09:26 AM
Tech Initiate

j240z, the RCCar electric race is at the corner of Union and Camden. This coming May 16th. There is a map on their website
Old 04-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Sweet! Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.