Old 04-28-2005, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

GREAT Article! Thanks Derek
Old 04-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BullFrog
Thank you- I've been around .

I remember I was around thats why I am against a manufacture running an orginization!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Provetti interview

Who hasn't actually purchased a Trinity product? Love him, or hate him, if you race RC cars, you've inadvertantly, or directly put money in Provetti's pocket. Trinity has consistently made tech breakthroughs that allow us to go faster, further, longer, or lighter. Grudgingly, I'm a ROAR member. But even our state series, which requires this membership picks and chooses to follow or amend rules to appeal to the participants! I say how can we be ROAR appoved/legal, and then choose rules to bend or break if they aren't ammended or changed by the organization in a timely fashion. The reply was that ROAR often follows the lead, or precedent that we set. Interesting......On another note, ANY amatuer or organized sport or hobby has a sanctioning body, regardless of the level of effectiveness they offer. It's a given. I send my 30 bucks off and that is usually the extent of my participation with ROAR, I'm not even sure how to help better the organization....but bitching never helps without a solution. Ernie may not have the answers, but at least he's willing to offer potential suggestions. Only my 2 cents.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nobody really had a a problem with with ROAR when Mike Reedy was president, so it can be done.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:28 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RC has changed since then.

Now you have eleventy seven different classes to choose from... and thats just onroad.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by Wild Cherry
In da old days....

When the manufactures had a hand in the managment of Roar, racing at Roars events was a whole lot bigger & better,specially on the regional levels....
Maybe it was just coincidence... correlating manuf + Roar = big events. Maybe because back then fewer classes, fewer # of "big" races per year, less amount of average sponsorship per person, not having to take a week off for a big race, etc.

I would say an average "big" on-road race today is larger than back then. Off-road might be the opposite. I would say that neither has anything to do with the doings or changes with ROAR over the time.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

AWESOME article. Kudos to Derek for breaking new ground with these interviews (Toso, and now Provetti). Love 'em or hate 'em, both interviews left me with more respect for the guys. An excellent insight into the industry.

My favorite part? The suggestion for open motor rules. If we are going to do Brushless vs Brushed. Don't even think about regulating it (he's right that there are only a handful of people who can properly tech a brushless motor).

I design/spec motors as a Development Engineer at a Consumer Appliance company and I'll tell you another thing - Ernie is right about a 5 pole brushed motor being able to compete with a brushless motor in performance/life/reliability. It's time to make the 3-pole motor history.
Ernie hinted at taking the initiative and introducing a 5-pole motor. I would buy it! Just like brushless technology - it will start out with speed freaks and bashers. And then slowly trickle its way into racing. DO IT, ERNIE!
Old 04-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

I'd bet we see something new soon.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

All the talk about this article and my mailman is DRAGGING HIS ASS.....

I did get my early renewal notice in a timely manner though....RCCA has XRC beat by over a week for the June issue so far...that normally doesn't happen at all

Even so...still find myself reading the May issueof XRC instead
Old 04-30-2005, 09:44 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jack Rimer
Bravo Bullfrog! All of you need to do a little research on Pro-Car before you comment anymore. Most of you are too new to the industry to know why certain reputations are earned.
Eaxctly!!!!!!!!!!! These areticles are kinda funny because they always paint people to be better than they are and never have anything negative to say. Kinda like a funeral, no matter what an someone was they always say he is such a great person!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 09:58 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
I did get my early renewal notice in a timely manner though....RCCA has XRC beat by over a week for the June issue so far...that normally doesn't happen at all
We are working on new technology that will beam our articles directly into your mind.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's time to make the 3-pole motor history.
Ernie hinted at taking the initiative and introducing a 5-pole motor.
Bring on 5-pole motor technology!! 3-pole motors should have gone the way of the do-do bird a long time ago.

I suspect, in 5 years time, 5-pole motors will become the standard.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by futureal
We are working on new technology that will beam our articles directly into your mind.
Does it start with an R and end in ctech.net ?????

That's the rough part..hearing about everyone else enjoyig it before I can get my hands on it
Old 05-02-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Scrubb
Nobody really had a a problem with with ROAR when Mike Reedy was president, so it can be done.
That's Funny. If you were an off-road racer, you had no problems.

If you ran anything else, you were ignored, or at best treated as a second class citizen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.