Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Building a monster truck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Building a monster truck?

Ok I am the big newbie and not even sure it can be done. I recently bought a Traxxas Sport Max is what I was told from my bro since it was his. But can you build a monster truck out of one of those? Do I have to buy a whole new chassis for it? Where are some other good websites t olearn all of about this?

Thanks
JR
Old 05-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Ummm, the SportMaxx is a monster truck, basically a T-Maxx slammed low, single speed, and 2-wheel drive. If you want it to be more of a "monster truck", buy the 4 wheeld drive upgrade, as well as the 2 speed. An aftermarket suspension cna help a bit too.
Old 05-13-2004, 04:36 AM
Tech Rookie

My bad it does have the upgraded 4wd. What will the 2-speed do for me? What kind of aftermarket suspension should I be looking at? What brands are there? I also plan to lock the diffs as well.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My Maxx has Integy piggyback shocks, they're sweet. Put ball bearings in the steering and throttle bell crank, that'll smooth out their action. Get the Traxxas carbon brake disc. That'll get it up to good performance.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by npsambi
My bad it does have the upgraded 4wd. What will the 2-speed do for me? What kind of aftermarket suspension should I be looking at? What brands are there? I also plan to lock the diffs as well.
There are all kinds of aftermarket parts for the T-E-Maxx vehicles,RPM, Traxxas,New Era Models,Dynamite,GPM,ETC.

The 2 speed will slightly increase top speed,Also gives better bottom end power.

If you want to lock the diffs just put in spools,but you better beef up the axles cause they will twist the stockers off,go with MIP Cvd kits front center and rear,Expensive but worth it.

Aftermarket suspension? Use RPM stuff for the 2.5 T- Maxx,really good stuff always.

Old 05-13-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Initiate

You can also Create Solid Axle conversions for the Maxx series trucks we have done it on several occations... Prevents alot of the problems as well as gives you a chance to run a Full tube frame and make the truck as tall as you want or scale as possible with the Set up it has.

Makes for great crawling with them

I hope this helps?

As for Aftermarket chassis's well there are from what I have found about 30 different companies that make chassis's for the Maxx trucks as well as 40 others that make different parts, all you need to do is look On Ebay or put in a search via the internet

Good luck if you need help with an idea feal free to email me
[email protected]
www.rcmonsterxtreme.com

later
Tom
RCMX admin