Wiki Posts
Search

Adam Drake talks about the new 8ight 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bustedpiecesrc
Ok, i have a dumb question for anyone to answer. i know where to temp the motor but where do you point the temp gun? The plug or the side of the head in the plug chamber? Ive been pointing the gun at the plug, am i doing this right?
Yes you point it directly down at the glow plug.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What 8ight clutch shoes would you guys get for maximum life/miniman wear? Right now the have the KH 7075 alum in my cart at amain with green and gold springs, but I was wondering if the Dynamite Max-Life shoes last longer? This will just be for practicing at tracks and want long life out of them. They came with 4 aluminum shoes and I thought it hate alot of bite even though the seller said the clutch shoes were really worn.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
What 8ight clutch shoes would you guys get for maximum life/miniman wear? Right now the have the KH 7075 alum in my cart at amain with green and gold springs, but I was wondering if the Dynamite Max-Life shoes last longer? This will just be for practicing at tracks and want long life out of them. They came with 4 aluminum shoes and I thought it hate alot of bite even though the seller said the clutch shoes were really worn.
Dynamite Max lifes wear the best of any shoes. I run them all the time, they also make the plastic shoes wear much longer because they don't gall up the CB wich in turn tears at the plastic shoes giving them a very short life.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
Dynamite Max lifes wear the best of any shoes. I run them all the time, they also make the plastic shoes wear much longer because they don't gall up the CB wich in turn tears at the plastic shoes giving them a very short life.
So should I run all max-Life shoes?
Old 01-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Yes you point it directly down at the glow plug.
Ok... I was just making sure that i was doing this right, ive been running nitro for a few years and i normally go by the temp but also go by the tone and the amount of smoke when i open up the throttle. Thanks
Old 01-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris__RC
So should I run all max-Life shoes?
you can but you don't have to. Sometimes I run all 4 in my truggy, in my buggy I run 2 carbon and 2 max life shoes. You'll find the 2 carbons last much longer with max life shoes than they would with regular aluminum shoes. just make sure you don't use a clutch bell thats been all galled up already from aluminum shoes becuase it will tear threw the carbon shoes like a hot knife threw butter
Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i have been having problems with my rear camber links getting out of adjustment. i replaced them with another set, and still having problems. is there something/measurement to know which ones are good?
Old 01-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbergman
i have been having problems with my rear camber links getting out of adjustment. i replaced them with another set, and still having problems. is there something/measurement to know which ones are good?

how so ? are they un-threading themselves ?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Me too. Front and rear seem to slide. The threads are not holding up when you hit something. Harder or stronger plastic would help, I guess.

I put two nuts on the end and tighten them down against the plastic after I set the camber. The plastics can not slide on the turnbuckles that way. Sometimes though, they pull out completely if I hit hard. Nothing I can think of to fix that though. Epoxy maybe.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by antman450
Me too. Front and rear seem to slide. The threads are not holding up when you hit something. Harder or stronger plastic would help, I guess.

I put two nuts on the end and tighten them down against the plastic after I set the camber. The plastics can not slide on the turnbuckles that way. Sometimes though, they pull out completely if I hit hard. Nothing I can think of to fix that though. Epoxy maybe.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Rookie

What don't you undersand Integra? The turnbuckles thread into the plastic ends. The threads are too fine, I guess, and when you hit something the threads slip. Its like stripping plastic.

The turnbuckle link becomes shorter or longer.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Lord

If they are new there shouldn't be a problem.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

You can run the bigger 1.0 camber links. They will hold up to more abuse.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Lord

Uff....i forgot i was in the 2.0 thread....so the smaller version camber links are moving ?
Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
Uff....i forgot i was in the 2.0 thread....so the smaller version camber links are moving ?
mine are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.