Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 02-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Hmm.. I'll consider the change. Does anyone think that it will be a problem that I got the additional racing springs? They're all 2 lbs lighter than the Ultimate kit, so I just pretty much run what everyone else does, just slightly softer, I'm sure it's not noticable, just different colors.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anyone have a good setup for stock rubber for the T1
Old 02-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

would someone please tell the part number for the short arms or refer me to a page that has them.
thank you
andy
Old 02-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

short arm part #
front #302159
rear #303159
Old 02-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

TQ Hobbies
Friday Night Racing Series
Race Dates
Friday nights Feb 20,27 March 5,12,19 April 2,9,16
Come join TQ Hobbies and their staff for a really cool Friday night series that is rewarding and fun. The series will be 8 races in total. The prizes for participation are awesome. Call TQ Hobbies for any questions about details not listed below.

Expert Stock (entry fee $15)
1st place Xray T1R Car kit
2nd place Millennium Pro Charger
3rd place Racing batteries

Stock (entry fee $15)
2nd place Millennium Pro Charger

Sportsman stock (entry fee $15)
2nd place Pitbull Pro Charger

Mini Cooper (entry fee $10)
1st place Mini Cooper
2nd place Battery pack
3rd place Racing stock motor of choice

All entries will receive a raffle ticket for free (We are not selling raffle tickets). This race is about participation, so the more you race, the more raffle tickets you will receive. The raffle will have motors, batteries, touring bodies and more. Go to TQ hobbies and ask to see the prize display.

All racers will be placed in class according to their lap times and skill (no sandbagging). There will be tech so all 190mm touring cars will weigh 53oz and the wing cannot be higher than the roof line. To be eligible for the final prizes you will need to attend and race 6 races minimum. All motors will be roar legal stock motors (bring your own motor). Rainouts will be rescheduled. All decisions by race director will be final.

TQ hobbies 541 East state rd 434 Longwood FL (407)-339-1899
(Open hours Tues-Sat 12pm-9pm)
Old 02-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Ball diff

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my diff and wonder if anyone of you can shed some light.

I have a T1R for about a year now and the ball diff were great. I rebuilt them when needed. Recently, I was just tightening it a bit at the track since it was slipping a bit. Prior to the adjustment it was re-built and was very smooth. Then after adjustment (maybe 1/4 turn) everything went tight. And it was slipping way more then before adjustment. Diff action became very tight and I was no long able to rotate one wheel with one finger. To get it not to slip I have to tighten it ALOT...almost to the point of a solid rear axle.

Can anyone shed some light as to what need to be done? I'm using Team Associate's carbide balls. And I also rebuilt the thrust bearing too.

Thanks.
Ron
Old 02-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Ball diff

Originally posted by Blue Sky
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my diff and wonder if anyone of you can shed some light.

I have a T1R for about a year now and the ball diff were great. I rebuilt them when needed. Recently, I was just tightening it a bit at the track since it was slipping a bit. Prior to the adjustment it was re-built and was very smooth. Then after adjustment (maybe 1/4 turn) everything went tight. And it was slipping way more then before adjustment. Diff action became very tight and I was no long able to rotate one wheel with one finger. To get it not to slip I have to tighten it ALOT...almost to the point of a solid rear axle.

Can anyone shed some light as to what need to be done? I'm using Team Associate's carbide balls. And I also rebuilt the thrust bearing too.

Thanks.
Ron
Ron,

Sounds like the circlip popped out of it's groove. Same thing happened to me the first time I re-built the diffs. Check it out.

Later, Phil Matthews #99
Old 02-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That might be it! First time I removed the circlip and didn't have the right tool and distorted it. And I noticed that not all the clip was sitting in the groove. Never thought about it. I'll get some new clips and use a snap ring plier in a couple of days. Thanks Phil.

Ron
Old 02-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Blue Sky
That might be it! First time I removed the circlip and didn't have the right tool and distorted it. And I noticed that not all the clip was sitting in the groove. Never thought about it. I'll get some new clips and use a snap ring plier in a couple of days. Thanks Phil.

Ron
Snap ring pliers might be too big, the set i bought when i had my xray were. a thin, sharp tool like a dental pick might work better.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Raycer vs Factory Team

Hey folks,

I'm in the process of looking at getting a new ride and the xray is looking sweet.

sooo...

If you were to buy one now, would you go for the raycer and get the hop ups needed, or is it better to bite the bullet and get the Factory Team that is coming out soon.

I have been reading and it seems there is agreement on the 1.77 pully set upgrade for sure.

What would I need to purchase in addition to get the raycer up to speed?

What about the factory team?

BTW, I race mainly at SoCal and RC Heat for parking lot races where SoCal is high traction smooth, and RC Heat is medium/high traction and smooth as well.

How would you compare the Xray to the Barracuda? Both seem to be tough with great performance, but Xray parts are available at SoCal Pro Shop.

Thanks for the input,

Scott
Old 02-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Raycer vs Factory Team

Originally posted by Shayd
Hey folks,

I'm in the process of looking at getting a new ride and the xray is looking sweet.

sooo...

If you were to buy one now, would you go for the raycer and get the hop ups needed, or is it better to bite the bullet and get the Factory Team that is coming out soon.

I have been reading and it seems there is agreement on the 1.77 pully set upgrade for sure.

What would I need to purchase in addition to get the raycer up to speed?

What about the factory team?

BTW, I race mainly at SoCal and RC Heat for parking lot races where SoCal is high traction smooth, and RC Heat is medium/high traction and smooth as well.

How would you compare the Xray to the Barracuda? Both seem to be tough with great performance, but Xray parts are available at SoCal Pro Shop.

Thanks for the input,

Scott
I'd get the factory if you can afford it. To upgrade the raycer to factory specs would cost much more than buying the factory kit. I had a T1 and now have cuda. I like them both but i prefer the cuda cause it's prettier.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Raycer vs Factory Team

Originally posted by Shayd
If you can afford the Factory kit, get it. If not, the Raycer will do just fine. You will find that the Factory kit will probably do better indoors than at the outdoor track. Socal does have high traction and a stiffer car will work better. Come and find me at Socal if you have questions about the Xray car. Oh BTW, the Factory kit won't be available to the general public for about 6-8 weeks.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

why doesnt the Evo FT come with Alu shock bodies?

why wouldnt the team drivers want them?
Old 02-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Pucho - On carpet do you usually setup the rear end for 3* or 0* anti-squat? If set for 0* which holes do you use upper or lower?
Old 02-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Matt04
why doesnt the Evo FT come with Alu shock bodies?

why wouldnt the team drivers want them?
The plastic shock bodies works the same as the aluminum ones, and the plastic is lighter. As for us not running the aluminum bodies, I've discovered that it isn't really needed unless you want flare. Also try asking Josh Cyrul on his thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.