Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
dats pretty light, but it also uses 2.5mm carbon fiber?
weight differenct between 2.5 and 3.0mm carbon is minimal.
Hara probably chose the 2.5mm chassis for it's performance not for stiffness.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

man i just bought a cuda, i cant afford to buy another car
Old 08-22-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
man i just bought a cuda, i cant afford to buy another car
I just bought a WEB....
You shouldn't complain... the Cuda is a great car.
The Pro4 is based on the Cuda and has the same drive ratio.
What make the Pro4 appealing is that the std. kit comes with a ton of option parts already... Graphite everything.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Wow I can't believe it's that light, I better be getting myself some stick on weights....

Does anyone know how much the SSG SD weighs?
Old 08-23-2003, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Skill
Wow I can't believe it's that light, I better be getting myself some stick on weights....

Does anyone know how much the SSG SD weighs?
I could be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure that the SD is a little on the heavy side The SD is heavier than the SP from what I know. I'll check with the yok guys today at the track and get back to you.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How can they say the CG is the "lowest in class"? All the double deck shaft cars are very much alike in layouts etc. What do you guys feel will make it superior to the Yok, Tamiya and Baracuda? I cant make any judgements untill I can compare a real one to the others but from the pictures I dont see anything jump out as "superior".
Old 08-23-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Major difference in weight is because of the number of screws used for these two kit. SD and Pro 4. Pro 4 has a lot less screws than others.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Kamen Rider
Major difference in weight is because of the number of screws used for these two kit. SD and Pro 4. Pro 4 has a lot less screws than others.
Sounds like it'll be very easy to build and replace parts. I've seen the Yoke, and it took about 20 seconds for my mate to take the rear diff out of it, amazing design, I hope the Pro 4 is the same as this or better.

Also bear in mind that the Pro 4 has all graphite composite parts, whereas the Yoke uses plastic.
Old 08-24-2003, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

How do you know it has less screws?.... screws weight is negligable. At most I could see at least 4-8 screw difference between the two cars whick will result in only a couple grams...
The major component to the weight savings is all the molded graphite parts and aluminun CVD's.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thad or anoyone: is the car defenitley gonna come with a 2.5mm graphite chassis and upper deck? I was hoping at least 3mm.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Counting the number of screws that is in the Pro 4. This car has less screws than Yokomo's for sure. If you take out the middle reinforce strip and that should save you ten screws on that already.

As Thad mentioned earlier, Pro 4 only comes with 2.0mm chassis.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down

This car has a lot of TC3 and EVO 3 concepts in it. What I like the most about this car is the camber link can be adjust by collars. By looking at it, this car should not strip the front gear box as easily as EVO 3.

The only complain that I have is the change of spur gear is a little more time consuming than SD. Other than that, have to wait for it to come out and see.

SD's front HUB is heavy compare to others because of that 4 big hex screws. I just change to Square's immediately and also the eight little philips screws.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

This car has a lot of TC3 and EVO 3 concepts in it. What I like the most about this car is the camber link can be adjust by collars. By looking at it, this car should not strip the front gear box as easily as EVO 3.

The only complain that I have is the change of spur gear is a little more time consuming than SD. Other than that, have to wait for it to come out and see.

SD's front HUB is heavy compare to others because of that 4 big hex screws. I just change to Square's immediately and also the eight little philips screws.
The car concept was based on the TC3 and the Alex Barracuda.
what are you talking about.."camber link adjusted by collars..."
They are adjusted by your typical Ti Turnbuckles. and the gear box design is not at fault for gear stripping on the EVO3... the front one-way was poorly designed.... there was nothing wrong with the front gearbox on the EVO3....

I will agree with you that the spur gear change looks time consuming.... removal of the upperdeck. I'v had the SD...and it took only a minute to change spurgears.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ROBORAT
Thad or anoyone: is the car defenitley gonna come with a 2.5mm graphite chassis and upper deck? I was hoping at least 3mm.

Thicker is not always better....
Old 08-25-2003, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know if the Pro 4 body mounting positions will be the same as the Pro 3's? They look about the same but I can't really tell, I would imagine HPI will put them in the same place?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.