Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
I believe you got hosed. lol, you should have gotten both halfs, with that new part number, or you just dont see that the one in there is the bottom half, one or the other.
Time to give Tower a call
Old 09-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by Fasttrak
There were two folks running much lower winds and they could only pull me on the straight, the infield is tight and technical and the C2 had more pewp in the low end then the others had, made for some fun practice laps feeling like a rabbit with the hounds on my tail.
Am I included in that???? HEHEHEH

This weekend???? You game???? Should be fun...

Art
Old 09-18-2003, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

speedo i think u just got screwed from tower. i'd call and complane, and yeah.
Old 09-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default tower

last winter i had that trouble with tower but with the second gen composite rear arms, couldn't find a part# or find them on the site for nothing. finally just bought a bunch from the LHS
Old 09-18-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Hyper what do you mean when you couldn't find the part # like you just couldn't find it on the site for tower, or you just plane flatout couldn't find it in your booklet and that???
Old 09-18-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Got it sorted out.

Another problem however, the diff gear and pinion they sent me are whitish not black. I thought they were identical, but after sanding the bulkheads to fit the bearings correctly, I installed one of the pinions. THe back of it seems to be slightly different, and as such it rubs on the bulkhead. I'm having alot of trouble getting the mesh correct, it is way too tight, and I can't shim the pinion back any further. I also have the IRS Lite-Drives, so I can't shim the diff to the side.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Josh
Old 09-19-2003, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

speedo- those are the new white longer laster betterer gears .

I normally dremmel my gears anyway, however if you are having problems then dremel out the back of the pininon gear so you can move it further away. or even dremel out the diff case.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I dont think it was towers fault, they just get the parts from associated, the packaged it wrong.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Are there any companies that are making upper decks for the TC3? I know Cyrul makes his and the Warpspeed chassis has one, but am I destined to make my own?
Old 09-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by CIVIC91
Are there any companies that are making upper decks for the TC3? I know Cyrul makes his and the Warpspeed chassis has one, but am I destined to make my own?
Darren at West Coast Hobbies in Richland made some out of the sivler c/f. He was going to sell them but I don't know if he ever did.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

I used a 3/32 drill bit in a variable speed drill to sligthly open the hinge pin holes. I also sanded ever so slightly the outside of hubs where the hinge pins go through. This gave me nice free movement with no binding. As for the ballcups, I ran into a big problem with them binding on the steering. I tried almost everything until I had to diassemble the Ackerman (removed studs) and ran them with a dremel and some Polishing Compound to remove a very small amount of material checking for fit every 15 seconds or so. This did not work so I took out some 150 grit sandpaper and wore away more. It took a while to remove the material. Before checking for free movement I polished the studs. I did the same for the other stud on the hub carrier.

Next time I should do this to all the studs before assembly. I ran into the same problem with my HPI RS4 and forgot to do it on the TC3.
Old 09-20-2003, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default tower/ part#

josh, tower just doesn't list the ver2 rear arms, go to tower and search for ae part# "3894", no luck, run a search for "tc3 arms" they got rear arms but not v2s.

while talking 'bout screwed up parts, anybody ever get "Associated Differential Rebuild Kit TC3 " part # 3926? that crap don't fit a TC3 diff, i think the thrust bolt and spring are all that works on the TC3. bought 4 of those one

my latest was #1598, "blue alm shock caps", that dont fit my threaded shocks well enough the keep the fluid in. put new shock cap o-rings in, no luck. bought thicker o-ring from the hardware store, no luck. i faxed ae about it, haven't hear from them. i'm thinkin they owe me a FT body reamer for my troubles
Old 09-20-2003, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: tower/ part#

Originally posted by hyperformance
josh, tower just doesn't list the ver2 rear arms, go to tower and search for ae part# "3894", no luck, run a search for "tc3 arms" they got rear arms but not v2s.

while talking 'bout screwed up parts, anybody ever get "Associated Differential Rebuild Kit TC3 " part # 3926? that crap don't fit a TC3 diff, i think the thrust bolt and spring are all that works on the TC3. bought 4 of those one

my latest was #1598, "blue alm shock caps", that dont fit my threaded shocks well enough the keep the fluid in. put new shock cap o-rings in, no luck. bought thicker o-ring from the hardware store, no luck. i faxed ae about it, haven't hear from them. i'm thinkin they owe me a FT body reamer for my troubles
I have one better then that, at least that I can recall at this moment. Back when the RC 10 GT was first released, I rushed out and bought a kit. Ran home and rapidly began puting it together. Get to the point of assembling the chassis and the nose plate I am having humungous trouble with getting it screwed together. After farting around with it far too long I finally realize the nose plate had been drilled but never tapped.... DOH.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default Re: tower/ part#

Originally posted by hyperformance
That is the rebuild kit for the TC3 steel diffs, part#3909 is for the TC3 plastic diffs.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Try searching for "asc" space "3884" without the quotes.

ie. asc 3884

Art

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.