Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turn marshaling, do's & don't?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

One of the worst things to happen is when a marshal kicks your car to flip it over. I've had marshals also grab my electric buggy by the wing and heave it. This causes me to crash again and also usualy rips the wing off the car.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Most drivers get pissed at turn marshals because they aren't paying attention! & dont make much of an effort to get your car, the oncoming cars have the right of way over a marshal, but if the guy is in descent shape he could make a leap for it, iv'e don it for people, and would want them to make the same effort for me, but dont tell the driver if you dont like the way i turnmarshal dont crash! that is just plain stupid! most accidents cant be avoided, especially on the start, you get hit from behind, someone infront of you knocks the boards infront of you, trouble with a lapper, just make the effort that you would want them to make for you!.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

My main thing is when a turn marshal runs out to get a wreched car and he wreckes my car in the process. I have hit turn marshals who run out into traffic and I have had them step on my car!

Please don't step on my car!!
Old 12-11-2004, 11:48 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

aint it great when the marshal runs out infront of ya car when ya leading and stands on it happened once
Old 12-12-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Shiny-side up please.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I find I mess up the most....

in the triangle area where your having to look at four key location for cars. It's the hardest when there are like ten 12th scale cars flying around the track. That's where I can't seem to do it right. I once had to leap to get to one, which I got yelled at for. From now on I go for the easy spots.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Angry My rule....I WILL leave your car upside down if....

you rev it in my hands before I can put it back on the track.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: I find I mess up the most....

[i]...I once had to leap to get to one, which I got yelled at for. From now on I go for the easy spots. [/B]
Easy spots make for a long race cos your not doing anything.

Cheers,

Mossie
Old 12-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

wat ever u do NEVER get mad at the driver for crashing into your foot I've learned my lesson....heheheh And also, don't piss em off, pay attention to the cars and don't watch teh race...its jsut a distraction
Old 12-12-2004, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

On being "fit" and leaping over cars:

I'm a fairly big guy at 5'10", 225 lbs. One day I was marshaling for a race and had to make several leaps to avoid getting hit. The announcer felt the need to make this statement:
"Wow! Anyone ever see an eighth of a ton levitate before?" I started laughing and fell down and got run over on the way back to the side of the track.

Seriously though the best way to marshal is use the golden rule:
Treat people the way you would want to be treated. To me that means make the effort as best as you can cuz if you don't when YOU crash who knows what the marshal will do?
Old 12-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

On being fit

Am I the only one that has ended up feeling guilty b/c of wrecking in front of the largest guy at the track. Realizing it took FOREVER for him to get over his own belly to reach down at his feet and get the car then to reach out and reset it. After watching all of this in slloooowww moottttiiioooonnn, being absolutly fuming! This is the corner driver's need to learn not to wreck in
Old 12-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One thing I hate is that some turn marshals don't like to see what is wrong with the car. They just hold the car untill the end of the race, even if it only needed a 5 second fix.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
just marshal the cars as fast and safe as you can without affecting the flow of traffic . If the car is broken remove it from the track and if you can pop on that turnbuckle if possible .. biggest thing is DO not watch the races !!! the turn marshal is responsible for there section of the track .. Keep your eyes open and be alert .. after all you would want the same in return ...

and have fun !!!
Old 12-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

At our track we have a basic saying to keep people from getting mad at marshals, If you wreck you probably did it to yourself anyway, so be patient. True most of the time.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

without them racing would suck.

do your best, pay attention, and try not to cause another car to lose time because someone crashed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.