Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Why does the Airtronics website suck so bad? >

Why does the Airtronics website suck so bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why does the Airtronics website suck so bad?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 01:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Why does the Airtronics website suck so bad?

Why does the Airtronics homepage (airtronics (dot) net) suck balls?

They list a grand total of 4 servos in the digital section, all outdated, all out of stock. You can't even find the M11x under "Surface Radios"; you have to perform a search. Even then, there's no info or tech specs about the radio, only an option to buy. Of course, you can try clicking on the big M11x graphic (whose URL claims that the M11x is an aircraft radio), but that just leads to a "HTTP 404: URL not found" page.

Instruction manuals are not available for download, only for purchase. Not that it matters, since so many of them are out of stock. Yes, you can go to rcdocuments to find them, but still, it speaks volumes when a company's page is this poorly designed, laid out, and implemented...

I get more info about their products from amainhobbies, and of course, rctech.

I don't remember the website being this shockingly bad a few years ago, what happened?

It's sad, since I love my M8...
Old 04-07-2010, 02:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

I find all my information directly from Sanwa's main website. Just do the translation via Altavista's babelfish. It is pretty accurate.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

They seem to be really stingy/cheap - there's no real tech info worth reading and they're a major manufacturer that expects you to pay for their manuals, others have them freely available as pdfs for downloading. They should be embarassed....they need to step it up.

I'd guess as long as they don't see a case for improving the site thru their sales volume, they really don't think its important.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hobby People are the importer/distributor for North America......
Blame them......
Old 04-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They are now distributed by Hobby People. All info and manuals are on their site. If you search servo on the second page of results will be Airtronics.

M11X
http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/751568.asp

Manual
http://media.hobbypeople.net/manual/751568.pdf
Old 04-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

suck is an understatement...
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

They really need to work on their site. Maybe since they figure all information is on hobbypeople.net that it is easier just to update one site.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

yeah... but not everyone knows hobbypeople = airtronics...

i think the old site was far better...
Old 04-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

last nov 2008 i bought MX3FG coz i love its features for my crawler and what i remember that time is that when i opened the box they had the manual inside the box and when i visit there site they have a beatiful presentation of thre product even the manuals are presented perfectly.ntil recently i decided to upgrade my TX & RX so i decided to sell my old one and replace it when there new product the MX3X. but when i open the box there is no manual and 2 servos on it so i was little bit disapointed so i went to there site to look for the manual but i was amazed that the manuals are now for sale!!! what wrong w/ you airtronics personel are you out of your mind?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by LibertyHobbies
They are now distributed by Hobby People. All info and manuals are on their site. If you search servo on the second page of results will be Airtronics.
Well, having a new distributor is still no excuse for Airtronics' flimsy website. At the very least, the Airtronics homepage should simply re-direct US users to hobby people with a brief message.

But from a practical point of view, this will do. Thanks for the info, LibertyHobbies.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bokol67
last nov 2008 i bought MX3FG coz i love its features for my crawler and what i remember that time is that when i opened the box they had the manual inside the box and when i visit there site they have a beatiful presentation of thre product even the manuals are presented perfectly.ntil recently i decided to upgrade my TX & RX so i decided to sell my old one and replace it when there new product the MX3X. but when i open the box there is no manual and 2 servos on it so i was little bit disapointed so i went to there site to look for the manual but i was amazed that the manuals are now for sale!!! what wrong w/ you airtronics personel are you out of your mind?
u can still download the manual from hobbypeople.net...

the airtronics's website is selling hard copies...
Old 04-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Youre right, the site stinks, and if I was new or newer to the hobby their site would turn me off and I would go with another mfg, Id think if their site is like this what is their cust service and quality like? I think they are losing some sales becouse of it which is ashame airtronics is my favorite mfg.