Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i'll try to sign up
Old 01-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kevink2
Awesome track Patella, yeah that's it, baby! You coming out in August, HAG, Sydewynder??? See ya on the 12th Boomer, got a couple 3300's together, should be good!

Yea Kev I have been considering it, I would like an Idea on gearing, I have never driven on a big track, not to mention I could fill up the J main
Old 01-04-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Yea Kev I have been considering it, I would like an Idea on gearing, I have never driven on a big track, not to mention I could fill up the J main
I think I've had my Kyosho geared at 17/21 with the stock spurs, running a MT-12. I went up a tooth each on the pinion with my old OSTR. (However, I haven't had a lot of stick time with the car, been driving mostly 1/8th lately, and haven't been there within the last month to try the new layout.) Hey, let's be optimistic, maybe we'll both be in "J" main together!
Old 01-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

I think I've had my Kyosho geared at 17/21 with the stock spurs, running a MT-12. I went up a tooth each on the pinion with my old OSTR. (However, I haven't had a lot of stick time with the car, been driving mostly 1/8th lately, and haven't been there within the last month to try the new layout.) Hey, let's be optimistic, maybe we'll both be in "J" main together!
Maybe optimistic, most likely realistic
Old 01-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe optimistic, most likely realistic
Lol, no doubt!

Patella, here's a quick link to last Sat. night race results at Revelation:

http://www.revrace.com/RaceResultsDi...FB2.txt&ID=946

Interesting, the new track is yielding similar lap times, or my friend Ron's kicking some major ass in 1/8th, pulling quite a few 15's.
Old 01-06-2003, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Awesome track Patella, yeah that's it, baby! You coming out in August, HAG, Sydewynder??? See ya on the 12th Boomer, got a couple 3300's together, should be good!
It's a possibility. 3300's? What are you running now? A fully mod and hopped up electric V1R?
Old 01-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Patelladragger

Is the controller on the RRG2 better than RRG1. I found the G1 controller drifts and you have to constantly adjust the trim. What a PITA.
Is the RRG2 controller USB or does it still use a game/joystick port?
Old 01-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

I will remind you again like I have done so so many times before, tighten your wheel nuts HAG, otherwise it's the Z main for you.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Sydewynder
Patelladragger

Is the controller on the RRG2 better than RRG1. I found the G1 controller drifts and you have to constantly adjust the trim. What a PITA.
Is the RRG2 controller USB or does it still use a game/joystick port?
it still uses the gameport but I think that was a function of the G1 software more than the controller. If you look at the calibration screen it still shows the little twitches but you experience no problems when using the sim in G2.

Also, you can mail in your old G1 CD with 10 dollars for shipping and they will send you the G2 version.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

It's a possibility. 3300's? What are you running now? A fully mod and hopped up electric V1R?
Once a month all the Pro10 pan car guys come to Revelation to play with the gas cars. . .we run 4 minute Mod (hopefully as everyone upgrades batteries we can move to 5 minutes, but it was funny watching EVERYONE but me and Anton dump right around 4 minutes. . . ).

K2 - I have new 3k's and mod and my NTC3 is ready to go. . .see you on the 12th. . .!
Old 01-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Nah dude, it's the renaissance (sic) of the 1/10 GTP pan car class. We've been running stock at So Cal and have begun running modified every second Sunday at Revelation. Last month was the first one, total blast, but I kept dumping every heat... We've got a thread for 1/10 pan cars next to the 1/8th scale thread in the Oval and Larger scales forum.

Looking forward to this weekend Boomer... hope you found your "A" game!

Last edited by kevink2; 01-06-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Well, it helps that I have decent rear tires, fixed the rake and rebuilt the diff. . .it's amazing!