Search

what i fot so far, what so you think??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Maximo
Look at my Bonito instead of the Speed..its much faster and much fancier and less money...Speeds are OK, but the Bonito kills it.........

The engine you want is my Clocked P5XLT

that Nova 28-7RT is badass...it is much much more powerful then either the LRP 32 or the K5.9.....

Oh..I know soo much about Clockwork engines as I am the guy who builds them ! I am the co-owner of Clockwork.......

Well my good, I'm going to buy two of them it looks like for you :-). Let me ask you this when I place my orders do you give put stickers?? I would love to get some so people know what I got and where to get one at..
Old 03-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Your b4, which is the twd buggy right?? It will do just fine at that track. People bring there minis there and run and they do just fine.

Last edited by doug e fresh; 03-05-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Well my good, I'm going to buy two of them it looks like for you :-). Let me ask you this when I place my orders do you give put stickers?? I would love to get some so people know what I got and where to get one at..
Oh yeah buddy...we make custom stickers for all our customers ! check out my thread in the engine section to see pictures of the stickers
Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Your b4, which is the twd buggy right?? It will do just fine at that track. People bring there minis there and run and they do just fine.
mine is hard as hell to control, 1/4 throttle and it spins in circles,lol. the GT is a little bigger, little bigger tires so its a tad easier to control. but its still got an os .18, haha

but i could see me doing a lot of unintentional donuts and getting very frustated,lol
Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Sweet. Well it looks like I'm going to buy two engine and it looks there both going to be novarossi engines. One for my mugen and one for my xl.

Hey let me ask you this what do you think of the ercm pipes?? Are they that good or are there pipes out there that are just as good - the cost??
Old 03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

These are neals videos, but they should answer your question. I have an ecrm pipe on order right now, and from what I've heard, they are the best.
Also, neals engines are top notch, I can't wait to get one, hopefully in a few months.
These have the same engine:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Just an fyi on your radio choice. IIRC, the receivers compatible with the Futaba 3PK can't handle high voltage, so you'll need a regulator if you plan on using lipo receiver batteries (feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this). As for the 4PK, I think it's rated to run on high voltage, but I have had people tell me that they've had twitchy servo behavior, and decided to just go back to using NiMHs or regulated lipos.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

I've already seen most of there Vids ,hell I'm following them on YouTube. I'm as soon as I get my first pay check get the novarossi 28 clocked for my xl.

Hey maximo, how is that novi on tuning and what's this break in thong you offer?? Because here in two weeks or more I'm going to be placing my first order for my xl, after I give a very paicent buddy of mine money for these servos he shipped to me..
Old 03-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zao18
Just an fyi on your radio choice. IIRC, the receivers compatible with the Futaba 3PK can't handle high voltage, so you'll need a regulator if you plan on using lipo receiver batteries (feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this). As for the 4PK, I think it's rated to run on high voltage, but I have had people tell me that they've had twitchy servo behavior, and decided to just go back to using NiMHs or regulated lipos.
You need to research your info better. The Rx that work for the 3pk will work in the 4pk as well, and they are 100% okay to run high voltage unregulated LiPo packs.. I have been for 2 years now.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I've already seen most of there Vids ,hell I'm following them on YouTube. I'm as soon as I get my first pay check get the novarossi 28 clocked for my xl.

Hey maximo, how is that novi on tuning and what's this break in thong you offer?? Because here in two weeks or more I'm going to be placing my first order for my xl, after I give a very paicent buddy of mine money for these servos he shipped to me..
Those videos were to show you the difference the ecrm pipe can do.
From what I've heard, they are super easy to tune.

Scottym- I agree, I've even heard plenty of people running unregulated lipos on the 603 receivers with out a problem.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Well then its settled then. Novarossi for my xl and on coming soon to a forum near you lol.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by honda237
These are neals videos, but they should answer your question. I have an ecrm pipe on order right now, and from what I've heard, they are the best.
Also, neals engines are top notch, I can't wait to get one, hopefully in a few months.
These have the same engine:
+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
what rpm does a clocked engine reach? it sounds crazy, like its a .12 or something. and it definitely rips!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

I think I'm going to get a ermc pipe. Also what clutch should I get for this clocked novarossi??
Old 03-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Mugen truck is great, also engines on ur list are both good but i would prefer bo2. I run them and there stupid fast and smooth with out much tunning needed after you hit the sweet spot. Also it matches the truck mugen, mugen... The futaba radios are good aswell i ran 3pk for awhile but now i wont go anywhere but ko, there customer service is just plain awsome and there stuff is top notch. I would check out ko propo if i were you. Then for servos ive been running futaba for over 2 years in several diffrent cars without a servo failure so there trusty imho but if i were to change i would go ko. Hitec is also nice but i see failure rate on hitec and jr alot higher just my opinion. Then for tires go with what the locl track guys find to be the best and also try some other types and brands aswell. Going on with the rims honestly on the track run dish and balance them its almost a have to on truggy it will save bearings and shaft wear if you do. Leave it to your body to make the truck look good, its on the track to win not look fancy. Plus the spoke rims just add another thing that can break and trust me they will. A dish rim is a must for racing, you can go ahead and go spokes but i gurantee after a set or two os spokes you will go dish. My dad was the same way lol i tried to tell him your new tires will be garbage after one club race..... Good luck and enjoy, iv'e always told people spend big once and not have to do it down the road. Also quick tip keep the cars clean, maintained, and after run/leave fuel out of engine and tank after race days and your equipment will last a long time.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

I'm going to get the clocked novarossi that maximo suggested. I mean why not?? Novi are awesome stock and have the or one of the best carbs. Hell I'm about to buy a novi for my xl...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.