Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread >

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Like Tree219Likes

Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-05-2022, 08:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: rustyus
Welcome to the SCT410.3 Wiki!

7.26.17 - BB
In order to run the recommended team setup, you need the following optional parts:
TKR6106 Orange LF Springs
TKR6114 Green LF Springs
TKR6018 composite shock caps (built to emulsion) OR TKR8702 Aluminum Emulsion Shock caps
TKR8027 Shock Stand Offs
TKR6051 8x1.3 pistons(drilled to 1.4mm)
TKR8104 .4 bellcranks
TKR8100 .4 ackerman
TKR5545B HRC Hubs
You also need the Aluminum C Block (others can stay composite)

What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

TKR5161 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “A” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5163 – V2 Adjustable Hinge Pin Brace “C” block, 7075 CNC, EB/NB/ET/NT/SCT) - Helps to improve durability on hard crashes.

TKR5545B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, SCT.3/SL) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Allows harder acceleration on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6004T (front)
-TKR6017T (rear)

What spare parts should I keep on hand?
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR5516 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5515 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5542 – Spindle Carriers - TKR5541B Spindles
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Use steering stops/limiter washers... more info here.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.

Hinge Pin Insert Chart:

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Print Wikipost

Old 11-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Man..Josh, by reading some of your post on this thread I thought you were a seasoned racer at least with 30+ years of racing like myself....you are alittle behind on the upgrades? You must race in flowerbeds with those tires you have on your Tekno?
Old 11-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rifraf
Man..Josh, by reading some of your post on this thread I thought you were a seasoned racer at least with 30+ years of racing like myself....you are alittle behind on the upgrades? You must race in flowerbeds with those tires you have on your Tekno?
Haha good one, but the pictured 410.3 is actually my girlfriends truck she just got a few weeks ago. I also own an SCTE 2.0, hence the losi wheels attached to those "flowerbed tires".
Those trenchers where bought to goof around with off track so I didn't destroy my race rubber and for static display more than anything. They look cool I thought.
If you look at the picture again you'll notice that chassis is still spotless along with the tires and wheels because it's completely new.
I am not a pro nor have I been racing for 30+ years. I'd like to be one day and I do my homework and have an engineering and racing family background. Unfortunately I couldn't find the time to stick with RC the way I would have liked to over the years because I have been a professional bull rider and horse trainer for the last 17 years, so you can imagine my road time away from home leaves little time for anything else. I finally retired at bull riding, so now I have lots of time on my hands to catch up.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Any issue parts out there on the .3, any must have pit box parts and any must upgrade parts on the kit?

Also is there a known way to run a 15mm hex? I have a box of durango tires I would love to use instead of buying all new. TY
Old 11-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Any issue parts out there on the .3, any must have pit box parts and any must upgrade parts on the kit?

Also is there a known way to run a 15mm hex? I have a box of durango tires I would love to use instead of buying all new. TY
Many feel that the clamping 12mm hexes are a must have part that help reduce wheel hub striping. But many claim they don't have a problem with the stock steel hexes either, but that is the only part that some say is a must have deal.
Another high on the list part is the A B C D blocks (hinge pin braces). I can't remember which one I read was breaking on people mostly, D block I think, cause I just replaced them all.
From what I have seen from others that run the truck primarily, it doesn't seem to break much. I personally feel like the tekno is very well built with it's beefy plastic parts. Very high quality stuff.
You will need metric hex wrenches, an 8mm wrench for the stock wheel nuts, and a 4mm turnbuckle wrench will also be a necessity.
If you don't already have shock tools, that would be a good idea to.
As for the Durango wheels, I believe they are standard buggy size 17mm.
You can buy a buggy conversion from tekno, or just the 17mm hub conversion from M2C Racing> Hub conversion
Old 11-06-2015, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Many feel that the clamping 12mm hexes are a must have part that help reduce wheel hub striping. But many claim they don't have a problem with the stock steel hexes either, but that is the only part that some say is a must have deal.
Another high on the list part is the A B C D blocks (hinge pin braces). I can't remember which one I read was breaking on people mostly, D block I think, cause I just replaced them all.
From what I have seen from others that run the truck primarily, it doesn't seem to break much. I personally feel like the tekno is very well built with it's beefy plastic parts. Very high quality stuff.
You will need metric hex wrenches, an 8mm wrench for the stock wheel nuts, and a 4mm turnbuckle wrench will also be a necessity.
If you don't already have shock tools, that would be a good idea to.
As for the Durango wheels, I believe they are standard buggy size 17mm.
You can buy a buggy conversion from tekno, or just the 17mm hub conversion from M2C Racing> Hub conversion
Desc410v2 pro, mine are still 15mm, only the newer Durango's are 17mm. Thanks for your reply and info on the rest.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Desc410v2 pro, mine are still 15mm, only the newer Durango's are 17mm. Thanks for your reply and info on the rest.
Appreciate the info on the 15mm. I am not familiar with their older stuff. I just knew the new one had 17s.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is more a FYI type thing for all you 410.3 drivers. Do yourself a favor and try the SMC 4500kv motor. They're sensored, 4 pole and only $59. They're incredibly fast and have plenty of torque. I run mine with a 19t pinion and barely get above 140 in a 10 minute main. Again, this is just based on my experience.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And no, they don't sponsor me. Just happy with their products.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That's intreasding might have give it ago
Old 11-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 450rdawg
This is more a FYI type thing for all you 410.3 drivers. Do yourself a favor and try the SMC 4500kv motor. They're sensored, 4 pole and only $59. They're incredibly fast and have plenty of torque. I run mine with a 19t pinion and barely get above 140 in a 10 minute main. Again, this is just based on my experience.
What battery and ESC you running? I have heard good things about the SMC motor. I run a HW 4700 and it to is a good motor, but I am thinking of swapping out for the SMC sometime to see for myself if it's as good as people are saying
Old 11-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 450rdawg
WOW, 140 max in a 10 minute main with a 19T on a 4500kv motor? Motor runs really cool apparently, or u need to give it some throttle! I have heard good things about that motor and the price is great, might try one but for me its hard to beat the Hobbywing Xerun 4000/4700kv in these trucks.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Agreed Dan. It's going to have to be impressive to get me off the HW bandwagon to.

So I got bored and was looking at that awful waste of a rear servo tray and made a nifty TB wrench holder out of it. Just drill yourself a hole big enough to fit one of the prongs on the wrench and run a servo holder screw in the other corner. I will eventually replace the servo screw with a stud and a small wingnut to make it easier to get on and off without needing a hex.
I guess it does ad some weight, but I doubt it's enough to cry about. No more misplaced wrenches this way!

Old 11-07-2015, 02:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Just gotta do the shocks!! Can't wait to run this... The build was awesome...
Attached Thumbnails Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-photo-1-8-.jpg   Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread-photo-2-8-.jpg  
Old 11-07-2015, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What ever happened with that Tekno setup program for PC that was leaked a while back? Still working on it? Any ETA on when it will be ready? I'm guessing this is a Tekno specific program kind of similar to the RC Crew chief program?
Old 11-07-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

The smc batteries and motor that you guys are talking about is amazing. You simply cannot beat the price and performance. The support you get from them is top notch. They pass along alot of useful information.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.