Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
OCM KAOS DOMINATING >

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

OCM KAOS DOMINATING

Old 08-18-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

fhm555 Wrote

The buggy has only been available in the US since late march and every one of the initial issues have not only been addressed, but anyone who bought one before the fixes were implemented can get a free update kit simply for the asking. I've been fooling with 8th buggy since the MP6 and I have never seen a new buggy without some issues, but OCM is the only maker I've seen who not only got the issues figured out and corrected very quickly, they are also giving early supporters of their product the fix for free. They even ship it on their dime.

Believe TM did this ?

All of the initial problems with getting the kits and parts out to owners were not the fault of the maker or Burton, it was all on the distributor which is why that relationship was disolved as soon as the problem was identified and responsibility shifted to the race team manager to insure the distribution problem was also solved in a timely manner.

In short, OCM is totally committed to a quality product and a reliable (and quick), distribution system and has no problem putting their money (and rep), where their mouth is.

Try to keep these facts in mind next time you order a new MP777 or MBX5R, and the factory and aftermarket hopups you need to make the car raceworthy. There are issues with the MP series which date back to the Turbo Burns, same with the Mugen, they are still using the same iffy diff cups and soft cast internal diff gears which first appeared in the MBX4. Considering the length of time these issues have been known, one can only assume the makers simply don't care enough about their customers/product to correct them.

I can see no point in bashing on other kits, It's the OCM i thought you were interested in ???

After all you guys seem very upset that people are talking down your kit. As for hop-ups needed to make a Mugen race ready, I myself used to race one and can assure you it done very well making the A main at nearly every event i entered with it and coming in the upper third at my first nitro "national" meeting with nothing more than a different set of springs from out the box.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and dogpile on the new kid on the block, what seems to be hard for so many these days is giving credit where it's due.

Not seen one go yet, so no comment on how it will go, But with it looking so much like a cross between the Mugen and an Xray i fail to see how it could be bad

***soapbox returned to the stowed and locked position.***
Old 08-18-2007, 02:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

fact is every new buggy has had its problem. even xray's first batch had problems.

i think a few people are s$%@ing on this thread coz the title of the thread
Old 08-18-2007, 04:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by bushyar15
Oh, I apologize, I meant to say, "Not much experience racing Nitro". There's a difference between racing nitro vs. electric.

See that emoticon....it means I j/k.....
Yeah, it's called dry humor buddy. You might want to check that out.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A win is a win. No matter the race or turnout. You take them when you can get them.

You showed up, you had your crap together, executed, and lady luck smiled upon you. This is what racing is.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

I race with Billy Easton quite often. I've seen the vehicle up close and have seen Billy "dominating" a really tough group of racers with it. It's a good vehicle but nothing special.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congrats and all but I'd hate to have to watch that race, looks like they installed stock motors in there rides.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All agreed that EVERY major company has had it's share of production and cutomer service problems?

We're not trying to bash the name or reputation of the other brands, all we want to do is show what our product is capable of and our dedication to our customers. There are alot of good brands out there.....even without people posting on forums the quality and level of performance of the OCM Kaos would spread among the r/c community, and it is, even as we type.

We would like for these forums to be geared more toward the people who are interested in the buggy/truggy or people who have helpful info for our current customers. I realize that this is a public forum but, if you want to bash our stuff, do it on your thread. All I'm asking for is the same level of common courtesy that you would expect from anyone else.

Thank you, SKeller
Old 08-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i do like the pit lane drive through on the second or third lap in the video nice drivin burton you always had a nose for the fast line lol j/k

leon
Old 08-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Well, I hope OCM can do something about the diffs.

Mine blew its rear diff during the Main.... I've yet to take it a part to see what exactly the damage is.

I can say one thing though, up to that point it was awesome! Handled really well, drove really well. I really liked it...

I hope they address this issue....
Old 08-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

O bviously
C oppied
M ugen

Nah, Ive seen one run, and they look pretty decent for such a new car.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15
Well, I hope OCM can do something about the diffs.

Mine blew its rear diff during the Main.... I've yet to take it a part to see what exactly the damage is.

I can say one thing though, up to that point it was awesome! Handled really well, drove really well. I really liked it...

I hope they address this issue....
they have fixed the the diffs ...check up a few clicks ...better little stiffer plastic the originals were soft and had som expanding issues .....email them they will send you updated parts ....
Old 08-19-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Interestingly enough, people actually confused it with the Xray. Most said it was the shock towers that threw them off. Alot of people were impressed with it.

But after I broke, most people thought that I would have been better off with an Xray or Mugen. Thats a problem a new company faces. They have to do it better than the "establishment". People already have serious doubts about new/unproven companies, so when something breaks and they see it, it confirms their doubts...

IF OCM can get me the parts, I'll be running it at the Colorado State Championships next weekend. Hurry up OCM

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
O bviously
C oppied
M ugen

Nah, Ive seen one run, and they look pretty decent for such a new car.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my ocm was a second run car wich was a very bad run for ocm i think if im right it was competion products that went with a different manufacture and basicly they went cheapo on plastic and metal the problem bushyar15 is having with his diff is the bulkhead is way to soft allowing the diff to flex inside i know this cause mine did that very thing causing the diff to flex and bind i noticed it when i had it running on my starter box. that was the beef i had with mine now my friend just bought the 4th generation car last week after ocm parted ways with their distributer and it looks like a quality car came with the cool bag and plastic is 100% better and the new metal looks better as well. i still have yet to see him run it that will tell if ocm fixed the problems but from just looking at the new car i would say yes they fixed it. i was very pissed off when i called luther at comp. prod. and asked for new parts and never received anything including returned email and that made me VERY biased against ocm so if ocm has parted ways and will have a better product in the future then thats good. but dont bash on me for the post i posted above cause when i spend 500.00 of my hard earned money on a peice of crap and get 0 parts support ya i tend to be alittle biased and rude.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i can tell you that it was competition products fault on why you got a bad run and just fyi competition products is a very reputable distributor sooo something tells me that it was more on ocm not listening to recomendations from CP. but it sounds like they have finally got the message on what needs to be fixed and alan will do well once the newer kits get out to the consumers
Old 08-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

never blew up a diff in my mugen either...besides having 2 seals on the spur/outer diff ring gears they are stock....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.