Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Web Links
Testlogger.info >

Testlogger.info

Testlogger.info

Old 01-08-2014, 12:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Testlogger.info - Social data collecting and analyzing tool

During my spare time I have created a social datalogging and analyzing tool called TestLogger. It's alternative for notepad, excel or what ever you have used before. It doesn't try do the job on the track, but it helps you to make your job more efficiently outside the track.

You can find the service from www.testlogger.info and it's a web based service. It's free for everyone. Remember that the tool is not ready (Probably it never is) and therefore all feedback and requests are appreciated.

Main features
  • Store laptimes, setup, conditions and your feelings about the run. Weather conditions are fetched automatically (outdoor tracks) and laptimes can be imported from Mylaps Practice.
  • Every setup change is under version control and you can go back to any setup change you have ever made.
  • Utilize tables, charts, statistics and comparison functionality to analyze data and improve your performance.
  • Collect your written analyzes to notepad.
  • Tag runs, sessions and notes to easily find the relevant information in the future.
  • You think you have a problem with car or you found a perfect set up? Share it with your friends and discuss it. Have public discussion on the Testlogger feed. Utilize private messages to discuss about secret setups with your team.
  • Use the search to find what happened last time on the same track.
  • It’s free!

And how it all works?

Entering data
  • After first login the wizard will get you started...
  • One run at the track is the centre of Testlogger
  • You need to have track and car created before you can enter a new run
  • Setup and tire set are optional, but I would say very useful information
  • Session is group of runs for one day with one car on one track.
  • Only way to import run lap times is Mylaps Practice. If you don’t have Mylaps practice then you need enter run summary or individual lap times manually.

Analyzing data
  • Session view is the place to analyze data from one day.
  • Statistics should give long term view about performance
  • Track view gives track specific statistics like track records
  • Compare functionality gives you option to compare e.g. your sessions from different days or session between you and your friends. Also you can compare setups.

So just go ahead and register if you think this would be useful tool. Just let me know if you have any questions, find any bugs or you would like to see some new features. I’ve been playing with the tool for almost three years so I’m very blind for possible problems and I’m happy to improve things. For example I’m interested to develop better functionality for teams. I would just need to know what would useful.

Documentation:
wiki.testlogger.info -> It's a wiki, so it's improving all the time. Still has documentation from 1.0 but it's improving every day

Support
FAQ:
Q: My car is not in the list. What should I do?
A: Send PM, email, facebook, twitter, this thread or Send feedback from testlogger

Q: My tire models are not in the list. What should I do?
A: See above

Q: How the public setup looks like?
A: Go ahead and check out this example http://testlogger.info/share/c2V0dXAtNTI=

Q: My track not in the list. What should I do?
A: Create it by yourself

Q: Does it work with mobile
A: Yes, the site is using responsive web methods, so it's ok to use with iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, etc. Native apps are planned, but no time for development at the moment.

Last edited by jluopajarvi; 02-06-2015 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Seems pretty cool
Old 02-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New version online!

A new version is now online. Go ahead and check it out. Complete Release notes is over here http://wiki.testlogger.info/doku.php?id=release_notes and here is a summary.

* Optimize data import. Now it's automated and more straightforward.
* New charting system. Used in Home page and in Data search
* Accept several time formats in run input
* Notepad. A simple functionality to have your own notebook
* Stream improvements
* Fetch weather data automatically
* Interface improvements
* Login with email address or username
* Lot's of bug fixes

All questions and comments are appreciated
Old 03-24-2014, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

New version is now online! Here is a list of changes. This is a birthday release to celebrate the second birthday of TestLogger. Check out the new landing page at http://testlogger.info.

* Support for multiple date & time formats.
-- Select wanted format from settings.

* Cool new front page.
-- Based on Bootstrap

* Social stream improvements.
-- Run updates are more compact and only relevant information shown
-- Stream is sorted by time and date. Also comments are included

* Friend page now in three columns instead of one.

* "Zero lap" option when using Summary in New run

* Toolbar for Notepad

* Chart improvements
-- More horizontal lines
-- Annotation color changed to black

* Bug fixes
-- MyRCM import not bringing the time
-- If tires not set, then kilometers should be hidden
-- Changing date, time, track or car in New run clears all other fields

All questions and comments are appreciated You can also follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/testlogger. Check out the history and future plans from Facebook page.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TestLogger 2.0

Version 2.0 is now in production!! It is marked as beta and changes are still done on daily basis.

So what has changed from 1.0 to 2.0?
* Everything is built from scratch except the database
* User interface is based on Bootstrap. Works a lot better with phones and tablets. Also more consistent on every page.
* Setups are now longer uploaded as PDF files. Now setups are in database as version controlled items. All setup sheet parameters are stored in database, so comparison between setups is possible.
* Improved social part. You can send private messages to users. User profile pages are also a new thing. Activity feed is improved. Share updates with other users or browse the latest RC news. Share setups to your friends.
* Analyze work is improved. For example sessions have a lot bigger meaning. Session page gives weather information, run statistics, setup changes...
* Possibility to merge Mylaps sessions
* Tons of small changes and a lot more to come…

Please notice! Currently only few cars have setup sheet created, so please send a request via TestLogger or reply here if you want to get the setup sheet done for specific car.

The tool is located at http://testlogger.info. See the first post for more details.

Last edited by jluopajarvi; 09-11-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TestLogger 2.0 released

I'm very happy to announce version 2.0 is complete and it's no longer in beta. I have updated the first post with new information. I hope this new release will help you improve your performance on the track! BTW check out the new statistics...

The development won't end here and in January the work continues with new features. Currently I have over 30 items in the backlog so lot of improvements is expected during next year. The tool is getting more and more social features and hopefully it the future it will work as the social media for RC racers. Already now you can share updates with other users, read RC news and write private messages. Maybe in the future it could works as track locator and a place for reviews.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:38 AM
Tech Initiate

2.1 is up and running!!! The focus was on improving the usability, but there is still a lot work ahead on that area. Here is a summary what has changed.

* Import from MyRCM
* Car listing improved. View is splitted into two sections.
* Track listing improved
* Track creation/editing improved
* Notifications improved
* Setup sheet improvements
* Weather information in Session analyze view improvements.
* Improved logic for creating tires by splitting the process to steps.
* Improved logic for creating cars by splitting the process to steps.
* Bug fixing

I hope you enjoy the new release Check out the details from http://wiki.testlogger.info/doku.php...ate_21
Old 02-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Tech Initiate

've been struggling to find a way how get lap times if you don't have Mylaps decoder in use. Import availability is even more rare as the internet is not available on every track. If you don't have lap times available then there is not much sense to use TestLogger.

I would guess most of the tracks around the World don't have any timing available during practice days. So what if you have friend who could use the stopwatch. Ok, then you need to manually write all the lap times to TestLogger. It's just too time consuming and very frustrating.

What if the stopwatch would be integrated to Testlogger so your friend could use his own phone/table with his own Testlogger account to take lap times for you (Or you use your phone and account if the friend is not in TestLogger)? Then you would automatically have all the lap times available in TestLogger same way as with Mylaps and MyRCM import.

Any comments?
Old 03-31-2015, 08:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Version 2.2 to celebrate the third birthday!

It was three years ago when the first line of code was written. Here is a new version to celebrate the birthday. So what has changed since 2.0?

* Data import improved (MyRCM, M12 log file and built in stopwatch)
* Lot of usability improvements. Better information during errors, improved the terminology, several views improved, improved forms, new notifications like broken track records and likes
* A huge amount of new car models, setup sheets tire models and tracks available!
* Public track locator and track profile pages at http://testlogger.info/tracks. Here is one example of public track profile page http://testlogger.info/track/196
* This list is only showing the summary and you can find the complete list here.

Also check out the birthday insights from Facebook if you want to know what's coming up in the future.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Version 2.3 released

Version 2.3 was released couple of days ago. Couple of new features were released and here is the summary what's been changed.

* Public setup finder (http://testlogger.info/setups)
* Make quick change to setup in run input
* Session analyse page reworked
* Track page improvements like best public setup and most popular tires
* Map for track locators
* List duplicate setups in setup list
* Messages reworked
* Statistics improved
* Feedback form adapts based on request type
* Last used setup in car list
* Possibility to archive all active tire sets in tire set listing

Full release notes available in here http://wiki.testlogger.info/doku.php...ajor_update_23

Enjoy!
Old 09-16-2015, 03:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Version 2.4 released

Version 2.4 was released couple of days ago and here is the summary

* Car behaviour feature. When entering a new run, it's possible add issues with car behaviour or mark the issues them fixed. These fixed issued are then collected to separate page which can be found under Analyse in the main menu. Additionally you can see a table of issues and fixes in session analyse page. Please note: This functionality is still in beta and will be for quite some time. When ever it's ready, it MIGHT change as subscription based.
* Session schedule. Now it's possible to schedule runs in the session settings. You will get a countdown timer for the scheduled runs in the top bar.
* Possibility to fix mistakes made in setup sheet (a new button in setup sheet listing). This function will allow to you do changes to setup sheet without creating a new revision and changing the setup for every run where the setup needed to be fixed.
* New front page and login procedure.
* Track temperature added as new parameter for runs
* "Delete drafts" button added to user menu. Sometimes TestLogger crashes when entering a new run (error code 500) and it can be resolved by going back to home page and deleting draft runs.
* Filters for tire listing.
* Bug fixes.

Full release notes available in here http://wiki.testlogger.info/doku.php...ajor_update_24

Enjoy!

Last edited by jluopajarvi; 09-16-2015 at 07:10 AM.