Wiki Posts
Search

V One RR, Serpent Impulse, NTC3, Trinity Reflex NT

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 03:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face

Look man...... i really don't care which car you believe is the better of the two and which one is the fastest or the strongest. All i think is you should stop bad mouthing the NTC3 unless you obviously know what the hell you are talking about. If you are so caught up with Kyosho then that fine with me, just stay out of the AE Thread and stop giving people advice on things you have no knowledge about or thing you know better about than those who might.

Old 08-14-2002, 03:17 AM
Tech Addict

i'm saying the v one rr can keep up with a shaft driven car, and i have seen the ntc3 on track and i have drag raced the ntc3, so i think i know something about the ntc3, the ntc3 is a good car on the track, i admit it is fast due to it's shaft design but not all drivers are perfect, once the ntc3 hits the wall it's not so fast, while a rr can take a hit and still go, and i think i have some knowledge since i been in the hobby for more than 3 years
Old 08-14-2002, 03:22 AM
Tech Addict

Old 08-14-2002, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

It really is a load of bull to say the NTC3 is "faster" than any other car. Serpent won the recent US nationals by a good margin, in fact most NTC3 failed (4 out of 5). At our local track Mugens and V1R(R)s run as fast as the NTC3.

They are all good, people who jump between cars and proclaim the new one better are really only feeling a placebo effect, or the new chassis suits their driving style more.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

at my track the ntc3 suck i saw one ntc3 hit the wall and the ballcups came off and the wheel came off, it's a good car but not a great car
Old 08-14-2002, 06:47 PM
asd
Tech Addict

quick analagy

kyosho V One RR- Acura NSX-T(great parts quality, really nice and clean looking,great handling, extremely durable, very fast and it's japanese! )

Serpent Impulse prospec- Porsche 911 Carrera(very fast, great parts quality, great handling, nice layout, parts are quite expensive, very durable!)

Team Associated NTC3- Chevrolet Corvette(very fast, great acceleration, great handling, not the greatest parts quality, very good parts availibility, shaft driven and quite fragile(personal experiences))

Trinity reflex NT- Dodge viper(very fast, looks great, a real eye candy, great handling, good parts availibility, quite durable, trinity kind of copied kyosho with this design, no biggie!)

Mugen MTX-2- lexus sc 430(a real looker, very fast, great handling, great parts quality,very durable, excellent design and layout, overall great car!)

Yokomo gt4- Mercedes Benz SL500(a few bugs to work out, very fast, great handling, quite durable, good parts quality, and its good looking)

Hpi RS4 3 Type SS- Mercedes Benz CLK(not the greatest parts quality, quite fast, good handling, quite durable, great price, great parts availibility, and it's shaft driven)

as you can see all of the cars above have pros and cons, ie. parts quality, price of parts, parts availability, etc. etc
They're all great cars,
GET OVER IT, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT CAR YOU PIC AS LONG AS YOU HAVE FUN WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(sorry if i didn't mention all of the pro cars
peace out
Old 08-14-2002, 06:49 PM
asd
Tech Addict

hey guys, thanks for all your responses, i was doing this survey for my brother who is thinking of getting into the hobby, i myself already have a NTC3 and i recently ordered a V One RR

THANK YOU ALL!
Old 08-14-2002, 07:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by compaq888
ok the v one rr replacement parts cost way cheaper and kyosho gives more parts, unlike serpent they give like one replacement part and you have to pay a lot of money to get all the parts you need, and the v one rr is more durable then the impulse, and it's easier to get parts for the v one rr then the impulse, and you have to change the set up on the impulse when you put foams on, on the v one rr you put them and go, i'm not trying to start a flame war either , any more questions?
I don't think you answered the question. More like you reiterated the points you raised earlier. I thought by your earlier statement when you mentioned; "it improved on the impulse's shortcomings and it is much durable, plus the parts for it are cheaper than for the impulse", it seemed that you addressed 3 issues.

The durablity and the price were 2 seperate issues. The 3rd issue which was the Impulse's "shortcomings" which for the moment I thought you were referring on a technical flaw of the Impulse, you claimed the V1RR solved. That "shortcoming" is what I wanted you to clarify.

Pricewise I agree but I don't want to even begin discussing about durability issues. I think they are about the same, if not the Impulse is more durable. That's my opinion.

Sorry for being picky.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

wow - what an original thread! lol. We've been around this block many a time and we have agreed that it boils down to driver and driving style, not really car choice. All the top pro cars are as capable of winning as any other on most tracks.

AMG I am going to disagree with you though. Hooked_on is right, you take the same motor and put it in a NTC3 the NTC3 is going to be faster than any belt car out there. I have seen little os cvx powered ntc3's eye-popping fast. "Faster" as in speed, not faster as in lap times turned or races won. Serpent whooped butt at nationals because you had an experienced gas racer pulling rank on a bunch of electric racers who probably have diddly experience racing longer than 8 minute mains. The NTC3 still cut the fastest laps (it was driven by arguably the fastest driver in the world though).

Speed is not everything in a on-road car - if it were, top-fuel dragsters could kick an F1's arse at monaco. The NTC3 is a cut above all the other cars in speed due to it's efficient drive-train, it's not on par with many cars in terms of durability or quality, and it's definitely on par in terms of handling. Once the quality issues are worked out and the durability is improved and the AE racers learn what the hell they're doing in gas, the NTC3 will be a formidable force at major races with real gas mains. If I wanted to have a TQ only car the ntc3 would be the ticket. If I had to race 30 minutes, I would pick the kyosho every time.

Also I have never owned an impulse but I have been whacked by impulse drivers who tore up their car while my voner kept on keeping on....still have yet to break a part on any voner I've owned.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No doubt the NTC3 is a formidible piece, if you can get the drivetrain to stay in one piece for 45 minutes. Personally I cant get it to do that yet. Is it the car? No its not. I'm pumping more horsepower through it than it can stand at times. For me its a catch 22. And no its not because I'm running into stuff.

I never owned a Yoke or Serpent Impulse but as cars go their top shelf. Parts availability and parts prices kept me away from those choices.

I'm back to running my MTX2 again. My NTC is on the shelf. After studying the Serpents at the US Nationals and doing alot of mass reduction on the drivetrain and some other things. I believe it can hang with the NTC3. It certainly is tough and cheap to run. One thing it does do better is turn in, I always felt that you had to lead the NTC3 before the turn. (turn early and wait for it to react) and its torque steer drives me nuts.

What I dont like about the Mugen is the fact that you need the Kawahara narrow rear end to run 30 mm tires on the rear, a Kawahara two speed,and somewhat limited gearing choices. (however most of the gearing has been resolved due to some new parts floating around) I wish mugen would get on the stick. At least the Kawahara hardware is readily available.

Bottom line is they all can win and do every weekend, month in and out.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Well put Dennis. I've decided to go back to my trusty old Mugen. The NTC3 just can't handle the power of an Rtu let alone a powerful .12, and there are too many other little problems that need attention. I got my Mugen down to 56 oz. so I think it will be quite competitive. Have you talked with John D. recently? I haven't heard from him for a while. Later
Old 08-14-2002, 09:30 PM
asd
Tech Addict

i totaly agree, i myself have a NTC3, its fast, its got great handling but it's as fragile as a glass of wine!
i've broken 3 diff cases and 2 suspension arms, back and front, the fuel tank is also a hassle, it always bubbles after about 3mins of normal driving and then stalls, what gives?
anyways, the NTC3 is a great performer, but it's durability and reliability leave something to be desired in my opinion, this is why i have ordered a kyosho V One RR, this car has virtually no durability issues and no reliability issues(except for the fact that it's belt driven, who cares!)i'll be droppin an RB Concept X-12 3 port slide carb sg crank engine in my soon to be V One RR,

I CAN'T WAIT
Old 08-14-2002, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally posted by Motorman
What I dont like about the Mugen is the fact that you need the Kawahara narrow rear end to run 30 mm tires on the rear, a Kawahara two speed,and somewhat limited gearing choices. (however most of the gearing has been resolved due to some new parts floating around) I wish mugen would get on the stick. At least the Kawahara hardware is readily available.
Dennis, the 30mm fit easily, you simply need to shave alittle of the rear uprights and off the ball cups (refer instructions). Nothing else is required.

Down here, the Mugen's dominate.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah i am getting a reflex with all kyosho parts so it is practicly av-one RR. I heard a lot of things about the tc3 being fragile. People breaking front diff cases and bearings. I would rather not have one. it seems like everyone and their grandma has one though. I am going to stick with the reflex though. Even though it is a copy of a kyosho.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:43 PM
asd
Tech Addict

good choice misfit,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.