Search

2005 ROAR On-Road Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally posted by steveM3
Where are the final results???
I think they are still running some mains.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

The factory turn out would be the same. We all know that the companies use their racing success as a marketing tool--just like full-size car companies. And, while the Worlds is super important and probably the best single race to win, I doubt they'd give up all the different national races and the marketing power they get by winning them.
--Matt Higgins
Old 03-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

This was my first nats to attend and can say it was a bad experience. I will never go to Hobby Chamber again and would not recommend it to anyone. I really enjoyed the racing and seeing the races but the program was lousy. There was no schedule that was followed. It was all by the seat of the pants.
Its nice to be home where the heat is on. It was freezing all week. There were huge delays in the schedule making it impossible to time batteries. The track sucked. The layout was ok but the construction of the track just led to loads and loads of breakage. I have never seen so many races end with half of the cars out because of ripped off arms or broken wheels. The announcing was bad, the start was different every time, sometimes go on the tone other times go when announced, the end of the race was never announced so most guys made extra laps just so they were sure the last lap was run.
I could go on and on but all in all it was bad. It was not wise to give a new track like this a national event. Tech was not enforced at all. Many cars went straight from the pits to the tracks without ever passing through tech. Radio impound was not enforced. The outburst by George was completely uncalled for. He said F*** so many times it made me cringe seeing all the kids around. There is no need for the triple a - main format. One a would be more than enough.
I hope changes are made to roar and the future races are more professional and better planned. That is my opinion of the event so take it for what its worth. But I have a feeling I am not alone. Oh by the way..........SHOW THE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

I don't know about that. Look at the (non-existant) factory support that happened at the recent NORRCA carpet nationals held in Toledo.

-Rich

Originally posted by NHRCRACER
The factory turn out would be the same. We all know that the companies use their racing success as a marketing tool--just like full-size car companies. And, while the Worlds is super important and probably the best single race to win, I doubt they'd give up all the different national races and the marketing power they get by winning them.
--Matt Higgins
Old 03-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well......I dunno about that. You need to look at the benefit of advertising. I personally know companies get more mileage out of big wins at worlds and the big NON-ROAR events like Snowbirds, Cleveland, etc....

There is a REASON that cleveland, snowbirds, and novak race are so big....

Trust me, I WANT to support ROAR....I am just having a tough time with all thats went on lately....

Later EddieO
Old 03-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The only other national that I have heard of that had as bad of problems was an off road national in the early 90's at Norm's (?) in Texas. Supposed to be 110 * in the building, computer gave up the ghost, they regroomed the track in the middle of a round of racing. Mass chaos. Roar still pulled thru, even with NORRCA being way stronger than it is now.

That being said, I think that things change in 15 years. Drivers are professional, or a lot closer to it. Maybe the organization needs to become more professional too.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:11 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So what IFMAR race does this carpet nats winners qualify for?
Old 03-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by JKA
So what IFMAR race does this carpet nats winners qualify for?
Actually none of the carpet Nats are qualifiers for the Worlds. As it has been done in the past it has been the previous years Outdoor on-road Nats. So with next year (2006) being an electric Worlds year this year (2005) Nats at Speedline should be the Automatic Qualifier. But I do know that they have said that 12th scale Worlds will be on carpet in 06 so really it should have been this indoor Nats for 12th and then the outdoor Nats later this year for TC. But you also need to remember that if not all the spots for that countries block are field you can petition your way to participate at Worlds. So basically at that point it ends up being who can afford it.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:24 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So basically all of the Factory teams came to this race even though its NOT a qualifier for IFMAR. That kinda answers the earlier question, no?
Old 03-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They qualify for a bowling trophy and bonuses from their sponsors....

Later EddieO
Old 03-21-2005, 02:44 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET RESULTS? THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Where are the final results???

Originally posted by steveM3
Where are the final results???
Old 03-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here's what I remember...

Touring Stock

1.Peter Robinson
2.Jeff Dayger
3.Alex Lopez
4.Brad Johnson
5.Mark Smyka
6.Jason Schreffler
7.Jeff Cuffs
8.Furman Walker
9.Jon Williams
10.Ray Darroch

12th stock
1.Ray Darroch
2.Jeff Dayger
3.Peter Robinson

12th Mod.
1.Jon Orr
2.Mike Dumas
3.Mike Blackstock

Touring Mod
1.Chirs Tosolini
2.Mike Blackstock
3.Mike Dumas???

Masters 12th
1.Chuck Lonergan
2.Eli Ezrow

Thats all I can remember off the top of my head...
Old 03-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wasn't even at this race and am irritated. THANKS BUTTA
Old 03-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.