Wiki Posts
Search

Impulse-r/c Clutch Shoe Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Impulse-r/c Clutch Shoe Review

I am starting this thread so that everyone who uses or would like to use Impulse-r/c Clutch Shoes can communicate about there experience with them. Please share info about the product. If you use Impulse-r/c Shoes on brands other than AE tell us your setup.

www.impulse-rc.com

Thanks
Old 03-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I currently use this clutch setup on my Jammin X2 CR and X2 CRT and in additon to those I ran them all last year on my Xray rides, and I have to say these are the best clutch shoes I have ran. I've tried just about every clutch shoe type out there and at half the price these wear just as well if not better than the $16-$20 a set shoes. I was a little hesitant at first since it required me to purchase new flywheels but all you need is the associated flywheel and a associated clutch nut (About $18) and your in business with your choice of springs. Definitely a excellent product that I would recommend.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The only clutch I use. The ae setup is super easy to work with, and the impulse shoes are so much more bang for the buck than any other brand it's rediculous. They last forever, hook up as well as anything else, and he ships fast.

If I sound like a fanboy, well I am. Anytime I can get superior products at half the price I can't help myself.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All i use, i can only echo JBrows conclusions.

The only stickers on my car are ImpulseRC...

The cost and quality of the shoes mixed with the AE design makes clutches painless and very tuneable. The shoes come with the set screws to add and remove weight if you want to tune the engagement, and the attention to detail goes down to the bevel on the inside of each shoe to reduce drastically any maintenance from burring. The AE design makes changing clutches an absolute breeze by setting the springs on the outside of the shoes.

I had a few sets to test early on, and the only feedback i could give was "yeah, i will be using these from now on...".
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If I wanted to run these on my D8, would I have to get a AE flywheel or could I just use the AE clutch nut with my d8 flywheel?
Old 03-02-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

by far the best clutch shoes around. i used them with my Kyosho fly wheel. had to drill the hole a tic bigger as Kyosho runs a larger pivot hole. i wanted to see if it would work on a different flywheel. worked flawless. last a very long time. i used one set for most of the season on my buggy. converted the truggy for last few races and was very happy. best bang for a buck.

Last edited by sp2thielen; 03-02-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerScott
If I wanted to run these on my D8, would I have to get a AE flywheel or could I just use the AE clutch nut with my d8 flywheel?
I thought I've read of guys running the rc8 clutchbell on the D8, so that would make me think you could run the shoes as well. But a set and try it, if they don't work PM me and I'll buy em from you if they haven't been ran.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have guys that use the D8 flywheels with the Impulse-r/c shoes. I am told, all that is needed is the AE Clutch nut and springs. Start with the 1.0's
Old 03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I only run the Impulse R/C shoes in my cars. They work very well in both my RC8 and RC8T! The wear is very good and maintenance is very easy to keep them working very well! I personally prefer the 2024 shoes over the 6061, but both work very well. And the price is very good too!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I run them as well on my Xray. I bought the associated fly wheel, clucth nut, and 1.0 springs. They lined up ok on the xray chassis. but I have a truggy comming soon, so I installed just the clutch shoes and associated clutch nut onto an Xray flywheel and it works together flawlessly. So in actuality, all you need is the associated clutchnut and springs to run Impulse RC clutch shoes. Most flywheels use the same pins, except for Kyosho, like Sp2thielen said.

The stock clutch bell works fine aswell. So if you can invest in the associated clutch nut and springs, then I highly recomend using these clutch shoes. They last longer than any clutch shoes I have ever run before.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've been running the shoes for quite a while now, and they're everything you would want in a part. Low cost, extreme durability and adjustability. You can't go wrong with these!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Can I use these with a MBX5 clutch?
Old 03-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

i just started using the 2024 and the work flawless, have them on buggy and truggy.. i opted to get the hardened factory team flywheel they have lasted the whole indoor nitro season.. the adjustability is great, i run 2024s on my buggy with 0.9 springs, truggy i run 2024s with 1.0 springs with a set screw in the shoe not as much snap as the 1.0 but better then the 0.9s... not only are they the best shoes ive used but instead of the paper shim you get three metal shims for between the shoe and flywheel.... great product
Old 03-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacerScott

I have been running these on my D8 by just using the RC8 clutch nut and springs. You'll have to shim the collet a little if you use the HB flywheel. I started off with 3 - 1.0 springs but will probably test some .9s. I hope I can tell you more about what setup I end up with once it warms up a little.

If you haven't tried these shoes definitely give them a shot. You'll be happy you did. They are great quality, last forever, A GREAT PRICE and they ship quickly.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Only clutch shoes I use on my RC8 and I've turned all my AE buddies onto them. I deserve a sweatshirt or something!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.