The Dirt Nitro Challenge 2014 >

The Dirt Nitro Challenge 2014

The Dirt Nitro Challenge 2014

Old 12-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default The Dirt Nitro Challenge 2014

http://www.rctech.net/forum/arizona-...ge-2014-a.html << link

It's time fort he biggest baddest race of the year at one of my favotite venues, The Fear Farm. The Dirt Nitro Challenge 2014. Local guys here have been gearing up as it's quickly approaching.

Here's a direct quote form The Dirt Nitro Challenge FB page.

There has been an overwhelming request for sign-ups to open..So, Sign-ups are now open! If there are too many, then I will eventually cut off the entries. So get signed up to ensure a spot for the DNC 2014! The official flyer is almost finished and will be posted here as well as on the other major R/C media sites.
Classes will be the same as last year with an addition, the "Legends" class (40 over pros)
$80.00 for 1/8 cars (gas and electric)
$60.00 for 1/10th and 1/5th scale classes
You can sign up with www.paypal.com send entry fees to: [email protected] (put your racer info in the "notes" section)
The DNC 2014 is just around the corner and we are excited for one of the best years yet!!

cheers,

TheDirt Crew!

Also find more info and videos on FB "The Dirt Nitro Challenge"

https://www.facebook.com/dirtnitrochallenge?ref=profile

Last edited by Frank L; 12-13-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

don't forget the ice cream
Old 12-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Lord

Good times
Old 12-10-2013, 07:40 AM
JQ
Tech Master

I will be there, for my 5 minutes of runtime every 18 hours or so.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Lord

Old 12-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Wish I could make this...or maybe I can.

The long days are very grueling though.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Trackside fuel delivery available at special DNC prices
VP 25/30
Byron's (all Blends)
Werks

Email me at [email protected]
Or [email protected]

You can also PM me.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the biggest event of the year on our home track.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

I dont know, this race event seems like a super long drawn out event because of the massive amount of people that attend. How long did people wait around between races last year? I think its a cool event, but it has way too many entries.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
I dont know, this race event seems like a super long drawn out event because of the massive amount of people that attend. How long did people wait around between races last year? I think its a cool event, but it has way too many entries.
Reason why I stopped going to large events. The only really large event I will go to now is if Jimmy Babcock runs them. No grace periods to fix your car, missing PT, no battery, etc. This results in so many delays. Last event that allowed a two minute grace resulted in a 2hr late finish.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skengines
Reason why I stopped going to large events. The only really large event I will go to now is if Jimmy Babcock runs them. No grace periods to fix your car, missing PT, no battery, etc. This results in so many delays. Last event that allowed a two minute grace resulted in a 2hr late finish.
Kenny Brosch has run the event the last 2 years it was at Fear Farm and has done a great job. Last year there were something like 700+ entries including 5th scale and all the 10th scale SC guys. There is some talk this year about bringing in Jimmy to help run the main program as the days can get long.

For those that haven't been, the DNC program works like this: Wednesday is practice all day. There is no racing or anything happening on the layout prior to Wednesday. Joey doesn't even like people posting pics of the layout prior to Wednesday and most if not all racers respect this "unwritten rule". You get 2 7min practice sessions per entry (1 for buggy, 1 for truggy, 1 for e-buggy). Practice for the 10th scale track and 5th scale track is usually open due to the lower number of entries and the focus being on the 1/8th scale track. Thursday is Truggy qualifying, and last year ebuggy was also added to the Thursday schedule. You get 3 7min qualifiers per class. Friday is Buggy qualifying all day, 3 7min sessions. Saturday is Truggy and ebuggy mains all day. Sunday is buggy mains all day.

Sometimes the days do get a little long, like last year's buggy qualifying day, where we were there until after midnight if I'm not mistaken. But that's also due to the popularity of the class and the event itself. There's plenty of time to wrench on your car, hang out, etc. Even though it's a serious race, it's one of the more social events on the schedule as anyone that's anyone is there.

The Dirt Nitro Challenge is the only nitro race outside of the ROAR Nats or the IFMAR Worlds that actually means anything to the manufacturers, i.e. if you want to be sponsored or make a name for yourself, you attend the DNC and do well at it.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 PM
JQ
Tech Master

It's not that there are so many people there, it's that there are so many classes! All about entries!

I can think of more races that mean something to manufacturers. Maybe you meant US races.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
Kenny Brosch has run the event the last 2 years it was at Fear Farm and has done a great job. Last year there were something like 700+ entries including 5th scale and all the 10th scale SC guys. There is some talk this year about bringing in Jimmy to help run the main program as the days can get long.

For those that haven't been, the DNC program works like this: Wednesday is practice all day. There is no racing or anything happening on the layout prior to Wednesday. Joey doesn't even like people posting pics of the layout prior to Wednesday and most if not all racers respect this "unwritten rule". You get 2 7min practice sessions per entry (1 for buggy, 1 for truggy, 1 for e-buggy). Practice for the 10th scale track and 5th scale track is usually open due to the lower number of entries and the focus being on the 1/8th scale track. Thursday is Truggy qualifying, and last year ebuggy was also added to the Thursday schedule. You get 3 7min qualifiers per class. Friday is Buggy qualifying all day, 3 7min sessions. Saturday is Truggy and ebuggy mains all day. Sunday is buggy mains all day.

Sometimes the days do get a little long, like last year's buggy qualifying day, where we were there until after midnight if I'm not mistaken. But that's also due to the popularity of the class and the event itself. There's plenty of time to wrench on your car, hang out, etc. Even though it's a serious race, it's one of the more social events on the schedule as anyone that's anyone is there.

The Dirt Nitro Challenge is the only nitro race outside of the ROAR Nats or the IFMAR Worlds that actually means anything to the manufacturers, i.e. if you want to be sponsored or make a name for yourself, you attend the DNC and do well at it.
"The gaff" pretty much nailed it , its a badass event , largest race in the world period
Old 12-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
It's not that there are so many people there, it's that there are so many classes! All about entries!

I can think of more races that mean something to manufacturers. Maybe you meant US races.
Really ? You think ? Lol foolish. Its also the best to watch i love the dnc
Old 12-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

anyone have any guestimates for how long signups will remain open?
Old 12-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 116 (99%+)

I would like see a few changes to this race. I have been supporting this race since the Hemet days. This was my favorite event that I always looked forward to making. I have watched the entry fees get higher and the days get longer.

1. Cap on the entries (Please)

2. Controlled open practice on Wed. (If you don't run multiple classes learning the layout and getting your vehicles dialed in can bit of a challenge). The layouts are never a walk in the park.

3. I would really feel appreciated as a racer if a complete set of wheels and tires were given out per entry. (Limit 2 sets per person).

4. Prizes given away in all classes for podium finishes excluding Pro class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.