Tech Apprentice

Nineball likes this.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Those colors came out great.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I was looking at that body for my pro2 drag. Also building a second one. Gonna make it a decepticon looking like a dr10

YourConfused likes this.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nineball
Those colors came out great.
thanks mate, I'm really happy with it. Tamiya metallic orange and gunmetal, backed with white. White definitely brightens it up
Old 03-31-2022, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by spectur2003
I was looking at that body for my pro2 drag. Also building a second one. Gonna make it a decepticon looking like a dr10
Nice one mate. Can I ask how you have yhe front sway bar attached at the bottom? I dont think the traxxas bandit arms I have installed will allow for it
Old 04-03-2022, 09:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Some scale realism with the Headlight intake

Old 08-08-2022, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I decided to change the motor to another one I had, however this one had a 5mm shaft. I had previously used a spur gear from the Jato on my Traxxas slash so thought I would see if I could do the same on the Pro-2. However, to do this, I need to use the out-drive shaft from the slash that the Spur gear mounts to as the spur gear is held on with a different method (small pin).

On the left is the Pro-2 gear box, on the right a traxxas slash gear box. The main diff gears are basically the same on both - same amount of teeth and same pitch, so I decided to leave it in there. I swapped over the two gears on th top left of the image below and it seems to work perfectly. Meshes well and is nice and smooth. I did have to add 3 small washers to the longer end of the shaft to get rid of a small amount of play.

And with it mounted

I've used a 56T spur as this is about as big as I can go before it'll start rubbing on the axle. Paired with a 16T pinion.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've also down a bit of work on the body, added a drag spoiler and am mocking up some drag chutes

liljohn1064 and Nineball like this.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Had it's first run today and seems to run quite nicely. I've also swapped out the motor for a 4000kv one.
Got the parachute finished and mounted and really like how it looks. Also added some bracing for the spoiler

YourConfused likes this.
Old 09-05-2022, 02:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andyjk
Had it's first run today and seems to run quite nicely. I've also swapped out the motor for a 4000kv one.
Got the parachute finished and mounted and really like how it looks. Also added some bracing for the spoiler

That looks insane!
Old 09-05-2022, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks mate! Yeah I'm pretty happy with it! I might have a go at making a wheelie bar to complete the look
Old 09-12-2022, 04:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

How does it run without one? Wheelie bars are kind of like medical insurance, insurance is the reason we can't afford the medical bills and need the insurance to pay for it. Hanging a big old wheelie bar off the back end will make the front lift more than if it were not there in the first place and therefore necessitate the need for the wheelie bar to actually work properly. A carbon bar would be really cool and compliment the high-tech aesthetics well.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by YourConfused
How does it run without one? Wheelie bars are kind of like medical insurance, insurance is the reason we can't afford the medical bills and need the insurance to pay for it. Hanging a big old wheelie bar off the back end will make the front lift more than if it were not there in the first place and therefore necessitate the need for the wheelie bar to actually work properly. A carbon bar would be really cool and compliment the high-tech aesthetics well.
You'reConfused, I've only tested it on a very crappy surface with little traction. The front wanted to lift slightly, but I imagine on a more appropriate surface (something with some grip), the front would lift quite easily as the front has very little weight in it. I doubt the addition of a carbon bar would add any amount of significant weight