Headsets, suggestions and ROAR Rules >

Headsets, suggestions and ROAR Rules

Like Tree30Likes

Headsets, suggestions and ROAR Rules

Old 05-29-2017, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Headsets, suggestions and ROAR Rules

Hi, my boy and I are signed up for the upcoming offroad fuel nationals in Fremont indiana. I would like to use some 2-way radio headsets for communications during the race to make it much easier on both of us.

Is that legal at roar races?

If so, which ones should I get?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 05-07-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ROAR Racing
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MX304
Thank you. No wonder I couldn't find it, I was looking on the site before they posted it😃
Old 05-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

https://www.rcracingcommunications.c...gle-ear-system
Old 05-30-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Funny
Old 05-30-2017, 04:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

These sets are the shizzel great pit communication and an awesome tool for coaching my son while he's practicing.
Goof likes this.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Frank L
These sets are the shizzel great pit communication and an awesome tool for coaching my son while he's practicing.
I looked at those...... I was looking for a cheaper alternative but I may just have to go with them.....
Old 05-31-2017, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wendling00
I looked at those...... I was looking for a cheaper alternative but I may just have to go with them.....
I have the same feeling. They are pricey, but I don't know that there is a cheaper but nearly equal option as of now.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
I have the same feeling. They are pricey, but I don't know that there is a cheaper but nearly equal option as of now.
There are some cheaper bluetooth options on Amazon and Ebay, looks like same technology just rebranded.

You can also use your mobile phone and a headset, a few intercom apps that you can use over bluetooth and/or mobile wifi if you are in a location where you don't get any coverage. Otherwise just use two phones with a headsets and call each other.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Public Announcement
"Announcement: Use of Headset Type communications at the 2017 Roar Fuel Off Road 1/8 scale Nationals.

Head sets will provisionally be allowed for use during this event. The Roar Executive Committee has agreed to the following terms with the use of the head sets.

1. Radios must comply will all local and federal regulations.

2. Driver: A single ear piece or one sided head set type that is not audible to others and does not reduce the ability to hear the referees’ calls must be used.

3. Pit person: A single or double ear head set type that is not audible to others and does not reduce the ability to hear the referees’ calls must be used.

4. Radio communication can only be used while the driver is on the drivers’ stand.

5. Absolutely no 2.4GHz.

6. This policy does not apply to race officials.

Roar reserves the right to test, decline or withdraw the use of any and all communication equipment at anytime during the event.

After the conclusion of this event, this policy will be reviewed and modified if necessary.

ROAR appreciates your cooperation and understanding during the event while we all make safe and effective use of this growing technology.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
Public Announcement
"Announcement: Use of Headset Type communications at the 2017 Roar Fuel Off Road 1/8 scale Nationals.

Head sets will provisionally be allowed for use during this event. The Roar Executive Committee has agreed to the following terms with the use of the head sets.

1. Radios must comply will all local and federal regulations.

2. Driver: A single ear piece or one sided head set type that is not audible to others and does not reduce the ability to hear the referees’ calls must be used.

3. Pit person: A single or double ear head set type that is not audible to others and does not reduce the ability to hear the referees’ calls must be used.

4. Radio communication can only be used while the driver is on the drivers’ stand.

5. Absolutely no 2.4GHz.

6. This policy does not apply to race officials.

Roar reserves the right to test, decline or withdraw the use of any and all communication equipment at anytime during the event.

After the conclusion of this event, this policy will be reviewed and modified if necessary.

ROAR appreciates your cooperation and understanding during the event while we all make safe and effective use of this growing technology.
Are there limitations with regards to how many people can be in communication with the driver?

Like some of these headsets can have 3-4 way communication, are you able to have spotters as well in communication with the driver or are these limited to just driver and pit person?
Old 06-02-2017, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hello GrandeGixxer and Friends,

You could try this,

VNETPHONE V5-EU 1200M Motorcycle Bluetooth Helmet Intercom Headset for - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I've been using this for a while and has been great..

Cheers..

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Old 06-02-2017, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by cHAmpa
Are there limitations with regards to how many people can be in communication with the driver?

Like some of these headsets can have 3-4 way communication, are you able to have spotters as well in communication with the driver or are these limited to just driver and pit person?
I believe for now.They want to keep the head set use just between the driver and pit person.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello GrandeGixxer and Friends,

You could try this,

VNETPHONE V5-EU 1200M Motorcycle Bluetooth Helmet Intercom Headset for - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I've been using this for a while and has been great..

Cheers..
Over the weekend we attended a nitro event and used Bluetooth headsets and our phones to call one another. It was better then nothing but not very clear with the nitros buzzing all around. I'm thinking something with the headset covering the ear would be a lot better, along with the mic extending in front of the mouth to hopefully eliminate more background noise.

Those look like they might have some of the same issues as the earpieces we used. Did you have any background noise issues? I certainly like the price better.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

RC Target has these available:

RC Handsfree 2 unit Combo

RC Handsfree 3 unit Combo

RC Handsfree 4 unit Combo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.