Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Race World Hawaii - Electric On Road

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

No...I forgot it after the phone call from BC on the fate of the track.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry for the delay guys...have had bigger things on my mind lately. Results are posted just not stickied yet. I sent an e-mail to a forum admin and asked for it to be stickied.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My cars felt like they were on ice, just could not get them to handle. After thinking about my runs most of it was throttle control and not really concentrating Oh well.

Next race, VTA.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:49 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RoyU
My cars felt like they were on ice, just could not get them to handle. After thinking about my runs most of it was throttle control and not really concentrating Oh well.

Next race, VTA.
Your 1/12th sure was fast down the straightaway! You need to stop running those cheap a$$ tires.

Great racing yesterday, had a great time as always. Looking forward to the next one.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Great fun out there yesterday guys! I gotta figure out a better schedule though to try and maximize turn marshalls. Big thanks to the volunteer turn marshals like Wes who helped keep the race day going!
Old 02-09-2015, 12:10 PM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Great fun out there yesterday guys! I gotta figure out a better schedule though to try and maximize turn marshalls. Big thanks to the volunteer turn marshals like Wes who helped keep the race day going!
I go with TC, WGT, F-1, VTA and 1/12th. Reason WGT and F-1 smallest classes and can get away with only 2 marshals. Also the TC guys that don't turn marshal the WGT can do the F1. Same for VTA the guys that don't marshal 1/12th can help TC.

PS forgot to thank Goots and Bobo for the tuning help and think I found what I was looking for.

Peace Out!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Another fun Race day. I actually tried to chase some settings this last race, and shortened the rear camber links. Did exactly what I was hoping it would and got rid of that nasty push we were having today. Really helped the car rotate through the mid to late corner, and allowed me to punch the throttle much earlier. Made the car feel almost like if I was running nitro foam tires, slightly sliding the rear around on throttle. Made for a faster fast lap, but one qualifying and a main wasn't enough to get it driving consistent, sure was fun to drive though. Downside? I can hold throttle through the sweeper at the cost of scratching up the rear chassis. Till the next race day.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quark
Another fun Race day. I actually tried to chase some settings this last race, and shortened the rear camber links. Did exactly what I was hoping it would and got rid of that nasty push we were having today. Really helped the car rotate through the mid to late corner, and allowed me to punch the throttle much earlier. Made the car feel almost like if I was running nitro foam tires, slightly sliding the rear around on throttle. Made for a faster fast lap, but one qualifying and a main wasn't enough to get it driving consistent, sure was fun to drive though. Downside? I can hold throttle through the sweeper at the cost of scratching up the rear chassis. Till the next race day.
good to see you finding more speed. You and Frank should pit next to each other during race day and share setups. It will lessen all the trial and error.
After driving Franks car, the Xray naturally pushes. We dropped the shocks 1 more hole on the towers, suggested same sway bars front and rear, and less droop all around. I even have more suggestions...
Old 02-10-2015, 08:30 PM
AOD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goots
good to see you finding more speed. You and Frank should pit next to each other during race day and share setups. It will lessen all the trial and error.
After driving Franks car, the Xray naturally pushes. We dropped the shocks 1 more hole on the towers, suggested same sway bars front and rear, and less droop all around. I even have more suggestions...
Before the main I put the rear shock back up 1 hole added 2 screws to the top deck on the spur mounts. Shortened the wheel base 1 mm. Car was a lot better but hard to drive consistent. Going do some fine tuning to get it more consistent. Can't wait for the next race.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AOD
Before the main I put the rear shock back up 1 hole added 2 screws to the top deck on the spur mounts. Shortened the wheel base 1 mm. Car was a lot better but hard to drive consistent. Going do some fine tuning to get it more consistent. Can't wait for the next race.

That's nuts, I always try to make only one change at a time. I think the kit settings are very well balanced, having that slight push makes for an easy and consistent car. Good for late braking deep into the corners.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

That's nuts, I always try to make only one change at a time. I think the kit settings are very well balanced, having that slight push makes for an easy and consistent car. Good for late braking deep into the corners.
I think the stock setup is too stiff for our track. My initial reaction driving Franks car was it pushes in corners, doesn't roll, and has lots of rear grip. I thought it was hard to drive consistently.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AOD
Looks like ill be your test driver. I want to try after all your settings
Old 02-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goots
I think the stock setup is too stiff for our track. My initial reaction driving Franks car was it pushes in corners, doesn't roll, and has lots of rear grip. I thought it was hard to drive consistently.
Ah, my car was pushing a bit too during the first qualifying round. To me, it didn't get better till the second qualifying. My guess is that when its a windier day, dust blows on the still wet track, gets stuck while it dries, and it takes about 1 or two qualifying to get rid of that slight first layer of dust. That, and the lunch break bake in. Theory anyways.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nice setup talk going on in here
Wish i was there too.
Feel much better now. Hope to make the next race
Old 02-11-2015, 08:21 AM
AOD
Tech Regular

Yeah I normally only do 1 change at a time when I'm fine tuning, but because the base setup is so pushy Goots and I threw everything at it except the kitchen sink. Now that I can drive it though the sweeper without lifting I can work on the consistent part. Goots you are always welcome to drive the car whenever you want.

Good to here your feeling better Keiji and hope to see you at the next one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.