Jay, 2 engine cases, 2 servos, 2 diffs, 1 axle, 1 radio tray
Feng, 3 engine blocks. 3 servos
Brett, 2 engine blocks, 3 servos
Chris and Brandon, 5 engine cases
Barry, 2 engine cases
Gabe, 1 engine case
Tony, 1 engine case
Ryan, 3 servos

Friday night we counted a total of 32 engine cases that we know of, and trust me there was more but not sure who. Saw 12 Saturday by the time we left at 2pm. There will probably be more as people tear there stuff down and give it a good once over.

Plus for every motor add a clutch bell, and probably half of them a spur gear.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

a VERY VERY hard track!!!!!! on top of HUGE jumps to smack your chassis down from!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My god, the wanted thread is going to be full of people looking for cases.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the track was way to hard packed. if you over jumped or cased a jump then you should just pull off cause you broke something for sure. lol

all i can say is the hobby store i work for just got a huge order from me. lol
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thabiuk
The guys I went with and heard about:

Myself, 1 engine case, CVD, radio tray, 1 servo, 1 servo saver
Robbie, 1 enigine case, pipe, 4 servos, 2 radio trays
Jay, 2 engine cases, 2 servos, 2 diffs, 1 axle, 1 radio tray
Feng, 3 engine blocks. 3 servos
Brett, 2 engine blocks, 3 servos
Chris and Brandon, 5 engine cases
Barry, 2 engine cases
Gabe, 1 engine case
Tony, 1 engine case
Ryan, 3 servos

Friday night we counted a total of 32 engine cases that we know of, and trust me there was more but not sure who. Saw 12 Saturday by the time we left at 2pm. There will probably be more as people tear there stuff down and give it a good once over.

Plus for every motor add a clutch bell, and probably half of them a spur gear.
WOW!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeller
So....what exactly was breaking all this equipment?
Hey Shane talked to John before we left, we will get with you guys in a couple of weeks. I posted this on Carolina's, maybe it will provide a catalyst for some constructive input.

I think if moisture was kept in the track over the weekend softening the dirt, it may have help.

What i posted:

Not sure how to translate it, excpet to tell you. I went out Saturday monring and poked the track with a small phillips head(say a 5 inch phillips). I could only get the head in about a quarter of an inch, I put 2 hand on it and all my weight, then I got it in about an inch working the screwdriver, It was packed with a three ton double drum.

Like bobby said the video is decieving, you were hitting all three jump full throttle out of the corner. The lip on the front stretch and mibble jump was about 5 feet off the surface, the one near the back stretch was about 3 1/2 feet to 4 feet. Every jump you were at least 10 feet up or close to it before you landed, maybe less on the back jump. I feel that the landing could have been larger, heard that froim a few people. Alot think the woops, the theory Brandon explained makes sense, the constant smacking of the chassis on them, the motor issue was definitely more previlent in buggy, but happened in Truggy as well.

It was wierd, thinking about all the breakage, the plastics that were broken, definitely were not in proportion to the metal and motors that mere damaged or broken. I would almost think there was more metal and probably more engines busted than plastic parts.

Psycho nitro was chassis plates last year, SIC motors this year. I do not recall hearing this problem at SIC lastyear. I think it was a combination of things, and not sure anyone can put a finger on it.

The crew and staff there were great, and they wanted to provide the best. It was truely a great event except for breakage. I think next year as long as they have the same staff on they will make the changes needed to prevent it from repeating (breakage wise).
Old 10-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

What in the blus blazes were you guys doing?!?!
Do you guys have any pictures or videos of this track??
Old 10-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Radio tray and servo case and my engine block has a big hole from the motor mount ripping right off it, and 1 shock shaft but i haven't tore my car apart yet so there may be more.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Lots here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZC-a...eature=channel
Old 10-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did people have replacement cases for their engines, or did they go to backups?
Old 10-04-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
I bought a used engine for my main and my stepson lost both of his mains because of broken engines
Old 10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The packer only weighs 2300 lbs.....not 6k. LOL

It was a very hard track....not sure that wetting it after it was packed would have made it any softer. It likely would've just made it slick(together with the groove).

After it's packed...it is what it is.

But...it was smooth....and it didn't blow out....and it also had a much safer option for all the bigger jumps.

I hope at least some people had fun....
Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
Back ups if they had them, some of the top guys may have had extras. Melton and Pace had 2 overnighted for Saturday morning from Reedy. There were alot of scratches before Sat. morning even started, and alot that were out in the first 5 minutes of the race, especially in the lower mains.

The majority of busted blocks seem to be OS's, but every single brand had breakages. Perhaps it seems that way, as it seemed that was the motor of choice for most. Found out the hard way, Go engine internals fit and work in a Rossi case,,,,
Old 10-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

It was a very hard track....not sure that wetting it after it was packed would have made it any softer. It likely would've just made it slick(together with the groove).

But...it was smooth....and it didn't blow out....and it also had a much safer option for all the bigger jumps.

I think most everyone did, I didn't hear anyone saying they hated it or anything. Some were surprised at the breakage, but everyone knew it was a problem across the board.

And yes it was one of the most consistant tracks I have ever been on, especcially over 3 days. My calibers I practiced with are the sameones I ended my weekend on, and never changed from 10 pm Thursday to 2 PM Saturday.

You guys were terrific hosts and did an awesome job, but we need to talk about the band.

I had a blast, and can't wait until next year.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We race hard pack all the time..Water..120 degrees, for months on end..its kinda hard...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.