Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best rc drift??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Default best rc drift??

hey guy best drift car to get for beginers i was thinking the hpi e10 any suggestions???
Old 07-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

E10 is very cheap quality and not alot of future upgrade options. Get a Tamiya TT01, HPI sprint 2, although sprint 2 doesnt have alot of future upgrades like counter steer kits. Also Yokomo drift packages are good, the shaft drive cars. Any 4 wheel drive car will work really, just make sure you pick something that has alot of options for you to upgrade in the future.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Adept

as a beginer stick with tamiya car ....tt-01 lots of hop ups......
if you are going into drift comp's go with a Yokomo drift car
Old 07-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

My 8 year old brother drifts a stock sprint 2 drift. Its a very good car, but as someone said upgrades (dont see why youd need any though). Me i can do anything i want with it, im in complete control of it.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kb525
My 8 year old brother drifts a stock sprint 2 drift. Its a very good car, but as someone said upgrades (dont see why youd need any though). Me i can do anything i want with it, im in complete control of it.
Yes but sometimes it can be hard to put together a counter steer kit for a sprint 2. Some people have dificullty finding the correct pullies. And as far as you being in complete control, your not going to be doing much reverse entry with a stock sprint 2 so thats one reason you would need upgrades. A sprint 2 is basically a worthless drift car if you intend to at all get serious into drifting. If you want to just drift every once in awhile and do no track drifting, and no upgrading then a sprint 2 is for you.

OP make sure you set aside some money to get a high quality fast servo, that should be one of your first upgrades.

Last edited by Jdmpurest; 07-05-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jdmpurest
Yes but sometimes it can be hard to put together a counter steer kit for a sprint 2. Some people have dificullty finding the correct pullies. And as far as you being in complete control, your not going to be doing much reverse entry with a stock sprint 2 so thats one reason you would need upgrades. A sprint 2 is basically a worthless drift car if you intend to at all get serious into drifting. If you want to just drift every once in awhile and do no track drifting, and no upgrading then a sprint 2 is for you.

OP make sure you set aside some money to get a high quality fast servo, that should be one of your first upgrades.
well, problem being that im not into driving diagonal in a track but more about making it as scale as possible. Thats why i like the sprint 2. Some buddies have let me drive their cars and i dont really like how they drift that easilly, i like a car that the rear has grip to control better.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kb525
well, problem being that im not into driving diagonal in a track but more about making it as scale as possible. Thats why i like the sprint 2. Some buddies have let me drive their cars and i dont really like how they drift that easilly, i like a car that the rear has grip to control better.
I dont really understand this post. but i will say any car that doesnt have a counter steer kit will FEEL like it has more rear wheel grip. Any car can have more rear end grip if you tune it for that. My Dmax is built with a little less front grip than rear, but thats because it works with the tires i use and the tracks i like. My original point about counter steer drifing versus even split AWD drifting is it opens up more technique to for you. Like you cant reverse entry or make very fast transitions with an even split AWD car.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jdmpurest
I dont really understand this post. but i will say any car that doesnt have a counter steer kit will FEEL like it has more rear wheel grip. Any car can have more rear end grip if you tune it for that. My Dmax is built with a little less front grip than rear, but thats because it works with the tires i use and the tracks i like. My original point about counter steer drifing versus even split AWD drifting is it opens up more technique to for you. Like you cant reverse entry or make very fast transitions with an even split AWD car.
You can if you also tune the weight ballance of your car. Taking my nitro, adding weight to the front while stiffening the front too I have made it handle great. If only it had that bit of instant torque to get it to jump on turns.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Counter Steer kit for HPI Sprint 2

Hey all, I put together a few counter steer kits for the HPI Sprint 2 chassis. I sourced out different size pulleys and figured out what belts are needed for the combo of pulleys. My kit can give you 33%, 50%, or 100% CS. Come check out my Facebook page for more info or if you are interested in buying a kit.
Facebook page:
Calidrifttech