Old 10-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default which one is faster.... jp fx12t03 or rody v12

share your exprience people... if you've owned both, please please post
Old 10-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jp has the worse support and in my opion make a junk engine... 1st run the clay came out of the crank .. then it took 6 months to get it back.. to find all they did was put a crank in it , didn't check the bearings or the piston and sleave..i put new ceramic in it myself at my expense the rest was ok i thought,, i put the motor up for a while and ran my nova max ,, we had a club race and i thought that would be a good time to put it in and try it out it ran a quart of gas on the test stand and 2 tanks in the car ,it was flying when it went south agian ,, just layed over going down the back straight came in at 206 deg. i leaned it up a little and it got worse one lap back to the pits .. while taking the motor out i removed the exhuste spring and motor mounts to see a crack above the wrist pin to right below the top of the piston ,,,.. back on the phone with mugen usa the importer and got the same run around,,, you know,,, it must have been something i did , overheated , don't now what i am doing , all in all not there PROBLEM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
jp motors are a piece of junk in my book buy the rody
Old 10-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

You really can't go wrong with the Jp or rody, there both very fast and reliable engines.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

i think you talking about both 3 ports engine right?? i don't have a JP FX before because its too expensive here, but i ran a Rody 5 ports 01700-000515, this engine with a 6.5 mm carburetor and have a extremity top end. I have this engine 2 years ago, i have rebuild the engine after each run and till now. I also ran others RB std engine and they are too good.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I've had both and yes, they are both good engines. I solely running JPs (3-ports) now due to the overall consistency of power and incredible top end. I ovaled-out conrod bushings on two Rody V-12s and snapped another. All in normal racing conditions. If money is your deciding factor, Rody's are a little cheaper in my area. But I suppose you get what you pay for. Once you go JP...you never go back.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TrickPonYracing
jp has the worse support and in my opion make a junk engine...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
jp motors are a piece of junk in my book
It is pretty seriouse statment in public forum and I am sure if you put this statment you are really qualify to make judjment. I know you can put your opinion and we have freedom of speach,butstill will be very interesting to know your tech excpertize on the "mistakes" JP made in design of their engines (any way all of them made by Novarossi manbufacturing facility).
In my opinion it is one of the best motor on market today, so been proven on Dyno and tracks.
Edward
Old 10-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Addict

I stand by the post JP MOTORS ARE A PILE OF JUNK!!! MUGEN SUPORT IS THE SAME it should not take 6 months to get an engine back from warranty.. I like Mugen cars and race one.... but to get a motor repaired is a joke .. that motor will hang in the trailer for all to see at ever race [I’ll see you at the winter nats] if they would like to see or repair it send a call tag for it I have wrote it off as a waste of money
Old 10-28-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

what about the power... which one is powerful? can you feel any difference between the two, or are they somewhat the same?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

I stand by the post JP MOTORS ARE A PILE OF JUNK!!! MUGEN SUPORT IS THE SAME it should not take 6 months to get an engine back from warranty.. I like Mugen cars and race one.... but to get a motor repaired is a joke .. that motor will hang in the trailer for all to see at ever race [I’ll see you at the winter nats] if they would like to see or repair it send a call tag for it I have wrote it off as a waste of money
I am not asking to rate Mugen USA service, I am asking to share with us your tech expertize which will prove that JP is junk motor. I found JP motors are very good and your post just destroyed all my ideas. So, please give to us (everybody in this forum) tech info which will prove your stament "JP motors are are junk".
Please don not put your emotions (wiating period 6 month etc), it is different story and different things, please just tech expertize in numbers, metalurgy explanation, flow mistakes, timings problem etc.
Edward
Old 10-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Suspended

with either engine youll be happy,the jp fxt03 that i have is almost the same as my rb v12 3 port i really dont see much of a difference,the rb runs a bit better but my tuning could be the reson for that..all in all get the one you want
Old 10-28-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

thanks ntro75...
are you talking about the stock ones? because they sell those stock also. i want to know the jp mod vs. rody mod. and i believe they are cnc modded.... correct me if i'm wrong..
Old 10-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

quaility of workmanship is poor clay fell out in less than 25 mins run time.. 20 of on run in bench.. quaity of repair extra poor it was sent back to jp for repair they did not change the bearings or piston and sleave after there poor workmanship [red clay/silicone] fell out of the crank.. metalurgy poor and no i did not do a rockwell hardness test.. why should i have to after spending all that money on a motor that has failed hence the pile of scrap metal that left. i will take some timer after this weekends racing to post some picts
Old 10-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

quaility of workmanship is poor clay fell out in less than 25 mins run time.. 20 of on run in bench.. quaity of repair extra poor it was sent back to jp for repair they did not change the bearings or piston and sleave after there poor workmanship [red clay/silicone] fell out of the crank.. metalurgy poor and no i did not do a rockwell hardness test.. why should i have to after spending all that money on a motor that has failed hence the pile of scrap metal that left. i will take some timer after this weekends racing to post some picts
I am no engine designer. However, I agreed with TrikPonYracing. Reliability and quality of the engine should be major factors in deciding on an engine. When I spend near 500 on an engine, I want something not just fast but can last for awhile.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have a JP FX-T03M and my brother has a RB V12 RODY that he's dying to test it on the track this weekend. I will post comments on Monday.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

please do!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.