Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Share your biggest duh or what was I thinking

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was marshaling the 1/8 buggy heat when a buggy fliped. So I run over and pick it up and there's no engine running so I run it to the pits close by .....only to be told its electric!! WHOOPS!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've had all the usual stuff, exploding nipple off of Mugen diff oil bottles, loose tires, etc

One very odd one though, apparently I had a head button with worn/stripped threads. I gave the pull starter a good tug and the glow plug shot straight up in the air
Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPierson
I was marshaling the 1/8 buggy heat when a buggy fliped. So I run over and pick it up and there's no engine running so I run it to the pits close by .....only to be told its electric!! WHOOPS!!!
totally did that to the dismay of the driver that was yelling something
at me I can only imagen as I threw it down on the track
Old 07-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

Easy to do ain't it!! LOL!
Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was pitting one of our local pro drivers, and went out to start him in the main... he has one of those grey fuel bottles with the green anodized spout. (I know y'all know which one I mean) He flamed out... so I got the car on the box, got him fired up... grabbed the fuel bottle and went to pull the dust cap off... and the whole spout pulled out. I had to fuel him with a fuel bottle with just the hole in the top of the bottle. I got it done JUST in time to let him start the main... and it was a little messy! I learned to be particularly careful with those specific fuel bottles.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Master

my worst was trying to stop a runaway buggy's flywheel with my finger.

i still have the scar on my finger
Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I tried to start my buggy for half an hour once, I changed plugs, used a different glow igniter, turns out the fuel line came loose from the carb.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'll paint a picture, 1 week before silverstate this year, local club race, I'm runnin in the main tryin to get some time on my new speed, new brushless servos, new everything on the car, land the table top, Throttle sticks wide open regardless of the return springs, hits the berm before the timing tower, shoots 15 feet in air, clears first and 2nd retaining fence(1st fence is 10 feet from track, 2nd 20) lands, heads for a pile of dirt, Oh thank god I'm thinking, no, it bermshots off the dirt, turns 90 degrees, WOT through the beach into the lake, missing an 80,000$ magic boat by about 2 feet, The guys son got my car for me, but father had some choice words for me, and then untied his boat and left. Ran silverstate with same equipment the following week, never figured out how it happened or why. I've heard there are r/c demons living at our track, I'm starting to believe.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Had a local guy couldn't get his car to start, asked me to come help him... We tried EVERYTHING I could think of... blowing in the pressure line... checked all the lines, it had fuel to the carb... 2 new glow plugs... not so much as one pop from the motor. We went to swap it out for another motor... when we pulled the pipe off, he had forgotten to remove the plug (just wadded up paper towel) he had stuffed in the exhaust port to keep dirt out while working on it.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
my worst was trying to stop a runaway buggy's flywheel with my finger.

i still have the scar on my finger
NEVER try to stop the flywheel on a runaway!!! Always slam it down on the ground and plug the pipe as fast as possible. This will save you from from popping a motor!

Last edited by freestylinmotox; 07-24-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freestylinmotox
NEVER try to stop the flywheel on a runaway!!! Always slam it down on the ground and plug the pipe as fast as possible. This will save you from from popping a motor!
ive since learned that lesson. the hard way
Old 07-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

I was pitting for a friend when for some reason his engine wasn't getting the normal run time. He ran out of fuel i couldn't get it restarted because his starter box had to be pushed at a weird angle he came off stand & restarted it.
All i thought was to get the buggy back out asap so i dropped the buggy & watched it go down pit lane & straight over the first turn pipe. Oh yeah he wasn't on the stand yet & was blipping the throttle as he ran up the steps. I felt like an idiot, but we laughed about it later.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

This was 3 yrs ago my brother got his Lightning Pro R a day before race day. We took it apart went through it only to put both front rear diffs in backwards. It was funny at the track started it up put it on the ground it went backwards.. Told him just drive it that way for the 1st he says no way couldn't help myself saying that. Then the mad dash to fix there at the track
Old 07-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

2008 southern indoor championship
won the bmain to bump up
before the amain i charged my rx pack ...or well lets just say i discharged it instead
run 3 warmup laps battery died as soon as race stared
Old 07-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Had a local guy couldn't get his car to start, asked me to come help him... We tried EVERYTHING I could think of... blowing in the pressure line... checked all the lines, it had fuel to the carb... 2 new glow plugs... not so much as one pop from the motor. We went to swap it out for another motor... when we pulled the pipe off, he had forgotten to remove the plug (just wadded up paper towel) he had stuffed in the exhaust port to keep dirt out while working on it.
Thats pretty funny definately a good one lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.