Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bit for integy super lathe 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Bit for integy super lathe 3

Hi, i want to buy carbide bit for integy super lathe 3, which one should i buy AR 4 or AL 4? I search on enco website they have enco and usa, which one is good quality bits?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looking at the picture on Integy's website, it looks like the super lathe 3 takes an AR4 bit. THe easy way to tell, is when the armature is in the lathe, and the lathe is sitting in front of you as if you were about to do a cut, is the comm to the left side, or the right? If the comm is to the left side (Twister, some old Trinity lathes), then that lathe takes an AR4. If the comm is on the right side (Cobra, Hudy, Orion), then that lathe takes an AL4.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

I have integy super lathe 3 and use AL4... but now i have a problem when cut my comm. help...
Old 12-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Trips
Looking at the picture on Integy's website, it looks like the super lathe 3 takes an AR4 bit. THe easy way to tell, is when the armature is in the lathe, and the lathe is sitting in front of you as if you were about to do a cut, is the comm to the left side, or the right? If the comm is to the left side (Twister, some old Trinity lathes), then that lathe takes an AR4. If the comm is on the right side (Cobra, Hudy, Orion), then that lathe takes an AL4.
So i need AR4?
Old 12-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

By looking at the picture of the super lathe 3, yes, you need an AR4 bit for it.