Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default Touching other people's stuff at the track

What is out of bounds and what is OK?

I need to know where the line is.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

make sure you grab there motors and "accidentally" drop them on concrete or in a pile of metal shavings!!!

tony, did you get banned from TechTalk? we all miss your shananagans!

~ZigZag
Old 04-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

it probably depends where you ae but i have never been to a track so i dont know anything

but to start what do you mean by touching?
picking it up and looking at it
or
just going around and checking stuff out
Old 04-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Touching other people's stuff at the track

Originally posted by Tony Soprano
What is out of bounds and what is OK?

I need to know where the line is.
The Rule is: KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OTHER PEOPLES STUFF!! This applies anywhere and everywhere. I guarantee most people will warn/ask you once, the next time you might not be so lucky. LOOKING and Touching are not the same thing.

Last edited by popsracer; 04-15-2003 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

I have raced Moto-x, Go-karts and then to R/C. The most friendlist-R/C. Really, people dont care if you just look at stuff. IF you grab something and start looking at it they may walk over just to see what you are doing. But if you take it and start walking around with it thats probably goin over the line. Usually at most tracks you have to bring pit tables, but other tracks have one long bench that about 10-15 people share (depending on how long the table is). A "Spot" on these tables is depends on how much stuff you have out. I take about 3-4 feet of space. Thats a little over normal but ok.

The guys in R/C are real layed back about stuff. They will share information,setups etc. with you anytime. So dont be afraid to look at other peoples stuff. If they ask, just say you were looking at his "Setup" or whatever. He will probably be more than glad to help you.

Hope that helps
Old 04-15-2003, 08:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Seriously... dont touch my stuff at the track. I dont want to sound all mean, but would you walk up to a car in a parking lot and start rubbing your hands all over it? Most likely not.

I really only share setups with friends and newbies, but I think that any real competition should have to work on their own setup, not steal one of mine.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

yeh i wouldnt touch anyones stuff without asking. as far as setups ill share with anyone. when i raced onroad nobody would help me and i got so mad that i could not get a good set up- now dont get me wrong im not mad at anyone but myself on that- and my first day of offroad the fast guys hooked me up big time, lent me a set of tires and all. i dont think it would be fun to race someone whos set up is so out of wack that there like 5 seconds off. heres my setup lets see whos the better driver.
Old 04-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

I make my own setups. After a while of racing, you gain your own knowledge. Onroad is the easiest for me. I know how to setup my car to the track when it comes to it.

If somebody is touching my stuff ( like picking up my car and looking at it) I may get concerned and walk over there. But if you walk by a pit table, and just check out everything, I see no harm in that.

Remember, R/C is a family oriented sport. Lets help keep it that way
Old 04-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

I don't mind if someone's looking at my stuff, but if they start touching it a lot or picking it up or playing with it, I walk over to kinda let them know to stop touching. I learned my lesson when I used to race slot cars(before RC). I left a few cars and my controller on the panel(I think I left my 16D stock racer, Super 16D Go Kart racer, and a Womp). I was talking to someone next to a glass display case about 10 feet from the closest corner of the track, which was opposite a long straight after a banked turn after another straight. Apparently a little kid, maybe 10 or 11 years old picked up my GoKart, put it on his or my lane(dunno which), pulled full throttle, and it went shooting down the front straight, around the bank, down the next straight(I hadn't noticed this happening because you could hear lots of motors whirring around in the background, so I didn't really notice), and when it came to the turn closest to me(which was a 270* hairpin crossover), the Kart flew off the track, almost hit me, hit the wall next to the glass display case, bounced off the wall, hit the case, and landed in front of me. I picked up my car, saw the kid giggling, looked at my car and realized that the front axle was bent, one of the front wheels was now out of round, the rear wheels were out of round, and the chassis was kinda tweaked. Cost me $20 or $25 to fix. I walked over to the kid and asked him what he thought he was doing driving my car without my permission to do so. He responded, "I was just trying to help you out!"
Old 04-16-2003, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

LOL That sucks but it is pretty funny how it all turned out.

I agree with you, If they start touching, I would go over there(but being nice saying "Whats goin on" or something) and supervise everything.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I dont share my setups simply because I am racing in expert classes, like I said, I dont mind helping noob's, but if I can get an edge over the competition with my setup, I am going to be sure to take advantage of it.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:29 AM
Tech Initiate

I think people should keep thier hands off other people's racing equipment. I know I would certainly have a lot less trouble racing, if people would keep thier hands on thier own stuff. Things like hacksawed axles, and other irritating shit. I don't mind looking, but no touching. If I did the same things to thier shit, i assure you they would be very upset.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:52 AM
CGR
Tech Regular

Looking is fine, but if you touch my stuff without asking, you do so at your own risk.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Tech Legend

I just love it when I get my stuff touch.......

Is that normal ?
Old 04-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

I guess it depends on who you're talking about. I don't usually race with many people I don't know. Some guys will come over and push down on my shocks to get a feel for my suspension setup. I'll do the same to them too. With complete strangers, I always compliment them on how their vehicle is handling. That usually open's them up and then I do my "testing." You know, push down on the suspension, ask what tires, eyeball the settings. All that good stuff. I never, ever pick up anyone's stuff unless I know them really well. Likewise for when people come to check out my stuff. If I know them, heck go for it. You break it, I'll just take it out of your car. LOL! But for strangers, I'll let them do the "testing" stuff. But for spectators and curious non-rc folks. I guard my stuff. Hands off! LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.