Search

Integy Crystals

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Integy Crystals

I just bought a set and they dont work.

I own a Futaba 3PJ with FP-TJ-FM module CH71, XXL reciever and Futaba receiver. I use channels 71 and 68 at this time.

I bought:
TOP (integy)
T1084- 75FM Crystal Pair (FUT) CH84

Tried them in both recievers........ no signals

Is there a compatiblity issue here? Or are they DOA and should be sent back?

Thanks
Old 09-16-2002, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

send em back, although ive never had a problem with their crystals.
Old 09-16-2002, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Ok so it my equipment is compatible..

Do you think there is an off chance the the US postal service could have damaged them? I just read an artical about Memory cards getting damage in the mail from the scanning thats being done in response to antrax scares... I cant find the artical but apearently there is a process being done.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

The scans shouldn't affect the crystals - they're a silicon wafer and completely inert.

Now, mishandling, mashing, bashing and otherwise tossing around, which USPS is notorious for, that's a different story. For fragile items, which crystals are, FedEX is probably the best bet.
Old 09-17-2002, 04:35 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Hate to state the obvious....but are your crystals for Futaba? 75 is brand specific........

If they are then you probably got unlucky! I use to run 75 on the 3PJS.....I've come accross on set of dead crystals when new (unlucky!) and killed about 3 sets on cars (all Integy).....I found 75 can be damaged more easily than 40 mhz...just my observation!
Old 09-17-2002, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'm starting to think the integy crystals have a quaility control problem in the manufacturing process. My Buddy just bought a couple of sets a weeks or two ago, and used these crystals in his Futaba 3PD. Well it was basically glitch city for him. He pulled them out and stuck his futaba crystals back in and no problems since. Its a shame since the integy crystals are about 1/2 the price as Futaba ones.
Old 09-17-2002, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

The official work from Futuba web site is that your to change your module and crystals as a set... So mine is a CH71 according to them i am supposed to own a mathc module for every channel i have....... I know of only one guy at my club that does this... ITs pretty darn pricy to do it that way...

anyway maybe these integy units are meant to be direct replacements for my current CH71? I duno but it seams there is quality issues with there crystals...........

Im sending them back.
Old 09-17-2002, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

As far as I was told when I bought my PJ, you can use the same module in the Futaba for all 75MHz frequencies. And the same goes for the 27MHz module.
I personally use 3 different frequencies in my module with no problems whatsoever, as do most of the racers around here.

I'd really like to know why doesnt hitec, or novak market a synthenzied module for the Futaba radio system I know the hitec will work but it voids all warranties, and is not a registered device to be used according to the FCC rules.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:22 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Joel Lagace
The official work from Futuba web site is that your to change your module and crystals as a set... So mine is a CH71 according to them i am supposed to own a mathc module for every channel i have....... I know of only one guy at my club that does this... ITs pretty darn pricy to do it that way...

anyway maybe these integy units are meant to be direct replacements for my current CH71? I duno but it seams there is quality issues with there crystals...........

Im sending them back.
This is an American thing....something about FCC regulations on 75mhz, rather it not working......I've been changing 75 mhz crystals for a loooong time with no problems!
Old 09-17-2002, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm
Hate to state the obvious....but are your crystals for Futaba? 75 is brand specific........
They seem to be -

T1084- 75FM Crystal Pair (FUT) CH84
Old 09-17-2002, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by hobbipro
I'm starting to think the integy crystals have a quaility control problem in the manufacturing process. My Buddy just bought a couple of sets a weeks or two ago, and used these crystals in his Futaba 3PD. Well it was basically glitch city for him. He pulled them out and stuck his futaba crystals back in and no problems since. Its a shame since the integy crystals are about 1/2 the price as Futaba ones.
My friends and I have had other quality control issues with Integy - dischargers that have to be sent back several times because fans don't work, etc. - motors with no brushes - matched pack with 1 cell .05 off . . .not surprised if their crystals don't quite match up. . .
Old 09-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

There must be a problem with Integy crystals in Futaba radios because I just bought 2 pair (61 and 65) for my 3PDF and I had enough glitching to where I took them out and put the Futaba ones back in. I guess you get what you pay for.