Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QC2, GTX, or VSF-1 which is best?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default QC2, GTX, or VSF-1 which is best?

i am in the market to get a new esc, to upgrade from a v7.1, and i need your help to deside my next purchase.

thanks
marshalv.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I actually have all 3 of these right now. All 3 are nice. You can't go wrong with any of them.

You can not program the VFS-1 without an external programmer or computer cables. I use my laptop to program my VFS-1. So you are looking at maybe $50-80 more for the VFS-1. But it has the best programming of the 3 (if you know what you are doin).

The GTX is very small. But it has a big capacitor on it. So it's not really as small as you'd think. It also has a built in S Diode so you can run 19t or stock without adding one to the motor. But for hot modified... it's best you install one for added protection for the ESC. It has more programs than the Q2. But I don't think it has the autostart (full power off the line for start of races) function like the Q2.

The Q2 is suppose to be water proof?? But I don't know about that hehe. I won't test it either hehe. You don't need a capacitor with this ESC. But you can buy the Worlds kit or add your own if you need it. It's nice and small. And it has all the programs you'll need. It even has a special profile 4 that is suppose to be a variable drive frequency. But it will not work in HRS mode if you have a Futaba 3PK radio. You have the autostart feature if you hold your brake for at least 5 seconds at the start of the race. All in all... a nice ESC.

Like I said before, they are all nice. I haven't had any trouble with any of them.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Regional Moderator

I prefer KO VFS-1. But this ESC sometimes give me overheat cut-off problems...
Old 02-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

I would go for a GTX because novak always makes good speed controllers, never heard of any problems from them.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know several people that have had problems with their QC2 and personal transponders. It doesn't count all your laps. If you run a personal there is a chance you could have the same problem.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by G Mills
I know several people that have had problems with their QC2 and personal transponders. It doesn't count all your laps. If you run a personal there is a chance you could have the same problem.

what does the esc have to do with the personal transponder not counting right?
Old 02-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

What about the GM V12XC?

Ive heard its a great esc i am looking to purchase one soon it has resistance at only .00028 Ohm

Would anyone recommed this esc?
Old 02-21-2005, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default CS Electronic Rocket Max

Auto variable frequency (can be turned of), auto-run for eliminating the motor/drivetrain drag brake, adjustable brakes, 20 grams and usually no need for a cap, built in display for easier programming and a PC interface for even more programming options.

I really like the auto run feature, where a small amount of current is applied for a couple of seconds. That's great for stock motors and/or one-ways.

And the auto-freq works, hard acceleration when need, yet very smooth while negotiating corners or preparing for by passing another car...

Rocket Max
Old 02-21-2005, 04:10 AM
Tech Addict

You shouldn't forget the numbers manufactuars give, aren't always what it looks like.
Many "good" esc companies like LRP, KoPropo and Novak will give higer numbers for motor limits than the esc extually can handle.
For example A LRP Quantum Super Sport has A limit of 12 turns, but you can put A 8 turns motor on it without any problems.
It's A good thing to know when you're on A budget, but beware, not all companies do this. The less fimilair companies aren't doing this, and will extually lower the numbers!

Back to the real subject, all three are very good speedo's, it's just what you prefer. I would pick the KoPropo, but that doesn't say the others aren't good.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
I like the gtx myself
Old 02-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by G Mills
Runnning the I had the same thing happen and installing a capaciter from the World's Kit resolved all my problems! Not a big deal.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

thanks guys, being the lrp/team assosciated lover i am, i think that i will probably go for the QC2. i will also get the worlds kit. i have had 5-6 years of flawless operation from my v7.1's and i hope the QC2 will be likewise.
Old 02-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Ko Propo VFS-1 Pro
Old 02-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

o, and why is that? ive been told by a good friend of mine that that is the one to get but i like the QC2. why should i get the KO?
Old 02-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

any of the three will will u races. QC2 is a great esc but u have to buy capacitor separately. why not include in the box? novak, i still have my gt7, more than 5 yrs of flawless performance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.