Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where can I purchase a pincher???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RayA
Tooling order form was removed from my website to able me time to satisfy reconditioning-resizing orders, that which had reached greater numbers this year over the past 8 years.

I may not be as fast as you young guys BUT I like to race too.

RayAracing

As Allways I am allways a call, text or email away
Just got my sleeves back in the mail.Quick turnaround and they look great.I am a very satisfied customer.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

I know these guys are very talented, and I would send my sleeves off to them in a heartbeat. I am certain I will mess up some sleeves practicing but I would like to learn the craft myself. I am a very inquisitive crazy person who has stability issues and I am not afraid of pinching myself in public for the profilers.If Obama makes them illegal I will hide it in the bottom of my swimming pool with all of my shoes.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Didn't you have a machine that crimped hydraulic fittings to hose for your business. Or am I thinking of someone else. I use to have fun making hydraulic lines. One day a made spares for half the tow motors I had in the shop, ok maybe I was a little bored.

I'm sure you've seen hydraulic lines being made. I think the pincher I saw was just a silly collet with a psi guage on it that fitts into one of those hose fitting crimper machines.

Trying to find pics of this thing on google is maddening.

ps:
The time to bury them to hide, is the same time you should be should be bringing them out to use........

Last edited by Zerodefect; 09-22-2009 at 06:14 PM. Reason: the chair is against the wall
Old 09-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
I know these guys are very talented, and I would send my sleeves off to them in a heartbeat. I am certain I will mess up some sleeves practicing but I would like to learn the craft myself. I am a very inquisitive crazy person who has stability issues and I am not afraid of pinching myself in public for the profilers.If Obama makes them illegal I will hide it in the bottom of my swimming pool with all of my shoes.
is that where my crocs ended up? dude, they float?
Old 09-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tallyram
is that where my crocs ended up? dude, they float?
Joeys good with a hammer and a nail. Probally nailed them to the bottom. Still haven't gotton my Croc down from the O.S. tree.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

I am not sure what happened .... I just regained consciousness and was sitting at the computer and saw that I had been chanelled,oh well. I guess I should have asked the question " Where Can I Buy A sleeve Pincher????". I have access to a hydraulic fitting tool I may try to set one of those up, unless someone can actually tell me where to buy a sleeve pincher.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Champion

got any Vasque size 13 shoes in your pool? Should be able to make them good as new with simple green and Axe body spray.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Those pinchers will do just fine.I just got done ordering my pincher and I will be driving to Jacksonville tomorrow to pick it up. i comes with 4 feet of bras stock to calibrate it with and a mitutoyo???? micrometer set.I thought those things were expensive..... 499.99 no tax .
Old 09-23-2009, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Wear did you get it at? Dose the Place have a Web Sight.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I don't think you could get a hydraulic hose crimper to work, it has too much power and you would need a way to regulate it very closely.

Rex
Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Have you ever seen a Porta-Power??? it is a small hydraulic jack that has a hand powered pump and it would probably be ideal for use with a hydraulic fitting collet.??????? I agree that electric over hydraulic would move to quickly and not render enough control.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Still is a lot of power. We have those at work. Fun toys. We use them to lift generator alternators and then set em on our foot.

Looks like the purpose built ones are just a collet you stick in a vise and turn?

I could have sworn I saw one that squeezed the inside and out and when I got to a certain pressure it had a pop off valve. Maybe it was a failed prototype.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Hey man , Just sold some sucker my worn out sportwerks tires. LOL
Old 09-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Brian, if ya need to see some pics of my bmr tool let me know..

I think it's one of the most practical on the market. Does a A+ job in the shop or at the track.

I can put you in touch with him...
Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
Those pinchers will do just fine.I just got done ordering my pincher and I will be driving to Jacksonville tomorrow to pick it up. i comes with 4 feet of bras stock to calibrate it with and a mitutoyo???? micrometer set.I thought those things were expensive..... 499.99 no tax .
Where did you get the pincher and do you have a link to it???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.