Wiki Posts
Search

HPI vs. CLONE

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 338lapua09
Talk about beating a dead horse ....lol ...heck hpi makes up grade parts too so does that mean they cloned thier selfs..lol and they choose not to install on the so called improved kits like a ss and now limited...Heck HPI needs a up dated design and a 4wd thats what we need to bitch about...

OH by the way they are just TOYS......lol 5th scales are way more fun so enjoy....
A 4wd would be nice, but why isn't a clone company building one?

Seems everyone wants HPI to build it just so they can wait for some company to rip HPI off and buy the clone.

On another note, hell yes 1/5 scale is where it's at!!! I still enjoy my erevo, but nothing compares to 1/5!

As far as being just toys, I think when you get to a certain level of machinery, on a level that can cause serious injury and requires a certain amount of maintenance, not to mention finances, they really aren't in toy status. Just my opinion.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ozzy-crawl
only difference i see is there is 2 tyres that are not produced by hpi and neither give money to hpi yet make money from exploiting there product.
why cant you grasp that concept its very very simple.

After market or clone = same thing
Lol, thanks for the laugh. This is somewhat forgivable if you are very young, which I hope you are. If not, you should maybe go back to school, or join the rest of us in the world of rational thought.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml

Seems everyone wants HPI to build it just so they can wait for some company to rip HPI off and buy the clone.

On another note, hell yes 1/5 scale is where it's at!!! I still enjoy my erevo, but nothing compares to 1/5!

As far as being just toys, I think when you get to a certain level of machinery, on a level that can cause serious injury and requires a certain amount of maintenance, not to mention finances, they really aren't in toy status. Just my opinion.
5th scale = big boys toys...and yes sizes does matter...lol
nutech makes a nice 4wd rips around like a 8th scale truggy..
Old 08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

no one copied anyone HPI picked the buggy out first from the factory in china or japan thats it.HPI did not design it only cars that the big brands design are there race chassis all the rest are made by a factory that any of us can pick and put our name on it.HPI is not loosing money because look at it this way there is no way i will pay a G for a rc buggy so i'll buy the Kingmoto for half and if something breaks buy HPI parts for it and enjoy has much as the guy who spent a G on the HPI one.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bosco72
no one copied anyone HPI picked the buggy out first from the factory in china or japan thats it.HPI did not design it only cars that the big brands design are there race chassis all the rest are made by a factory that any of us can pick and put our name on it.HPI is not loosing money because look at it this way there is no way i will pay a G for a rc buggy so i'll buy the Kingmoto for half and if something breaks buy HPI parts for it and enjoy has much as the guy who spent a G on the HPI one.
Unsubscribing from this thread, good luck to all of you. With comments like this, you should all stand tall and be proud lmao.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

so how is alot of manufactures supporting the USA by making every thing in china... and selling it for almost double the price of the clone. oh I forgot it was their design.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

My box said tiwain...
Old 08-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

you sit high and mighty they send there sh1t to china and double the price it's not made in the usa so i don't get why your so mad.You think yours is better because it has a name on it probly the same factory built it for HPI.Like i said im buying the kingmoto and throw some RPM arms on it and have a blast with it i read nothing but good things about the kingmoto if you don't want to read it go to HPI forums.
Unsubscribing from this thread, good luck to all of you. With comments like this, you should all stand tall and be proud lmao.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Still beating a dead horse here..lol

I say run it tillit breaks then fix it ...all good
Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the main thing is to have fun and help one another no matter what brand they buy. not bash on someone because they choose not to buy a name brand car. bad attitudes sometimes send the wrong message to people and most times chases them away from this great hobby we enjoy so much.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

once my money comes im going with the king motor with the orange plastic parts.It's just a better choice for me
Old 08-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

That's funny considering King Motor has already made a 4wd baja.......

http://www.kingmotor.cn/carshow5.asp
Old 08-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

I do not know about the clones as I have never owned one of them, I have a genuine HPI Baja 5T and I love it to death. I beat the ever living crap out of this truck and so far I have not broken anything yet.

As stated earlier 5th scale takes a lot of patience and money and you have to be a lot more aware of your surroundings.

At any rate pick your poison and have fun with whichever you choose.

Here are some pics of mine. Mostly stock besides the following

Turtle Racing HD Clutch setup
Killer RC Cables
Ramtech LED Lights
Outerwears air filter cover
Proline Trenchers in the rear.

Other than that she is stock.

This is what happens when you land on the right rear of the truck from about 12' in the air. Pipe went right through the body.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Love this debate!

One could argue that aftermarket companies that are putting out a part that is more durable than an HPI part are also eschewing the initial R&D costs associated with making that part.

Example:
HPI commits 3 weeks of R&D to designing the steering knuckle for light weight, durability, and production cost. The vehicle comes out, and for the most part, the knuckle stands up to the abuse given to it, but sometimes it breaks. Along comes an aftermarket company and makes the knuckle out of aluminum, or makes it thicker in a certain area / whatever. This aftermarket company did not have to commit to the 3 weeks of R&D that HPI did to arrive at a design that was good enough. They piggy-backed on that design and incrementally improved it.

Now HPI has lost sales on replacement knuckles, no?
Old 08-15-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Savage Flux Brushless 1/5 conversion.4x4, faster than anything out there and nuts.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.