Search
Like Tree16Likes

Serpent S411

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ovcloock
the steeringblock are defective and that does not happen you need to put a siim Whaser betwen a bearing steeringblock of 0.30
I have received here in Spain 4 s411 TE all have the same problem
Can you post a pic of the problem and the fix? Thanks
Old 04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Most of the time I have the body trimmed to the cut lines and mounted, I make sure the nose is solid and has little flex, use a third mount to keep the hood from sagging. Then with the tires on the car (ride height set) I run a sharpie around the body to see how far out it is, which by all accounts is about 4mm more trimming.
that's just it, if the ride height is set at 5mm and you run a sharpie around, which is @ 6mm. the body is 1mm above the chassis ride height. now my next question is would this be illegal because the body has been cut above the cut lines? i thought the cut lines have to be used to meet the body specs for competition?
Old 04-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

after tie up the wheel. its feel like bearing jam, so i rebuild all 4 upright. before tie up the wheel, its smooth..tie up again problem occur.how to solve it??? my te is almost new. my experience tell me is the pin hole of wheel adaptor too deep yet it lock up both bearing after tie up the wheel..really upset on it.

Last edited by beaim; 04-10-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LOW ET
that's just it, if the ride height is set at 5mm and you run a sharpie around, which is @ 6mm. the body is 1mm above the chassis ride height. now my next question is would this be illegal because the body has been cut above the cut lines? i thought the cut lines have to be used to meet the body specs for competition?
Never been to a race where they tech the cut line, its always minimum roof height and deck spoiler cant be higher than the roof. The IIC only did the spoiler check, but I would think a ROAR sanctioned race would do both. Cut lines may be a tech for BRCA though, can't say for that.

After I do a trim like that, if you take the wheels off the car and put it on your setup board there is little to no gap between the body and the board. (When the body is pinned on the chassis). You could slam the body but first you wouldn't make the minimum body height measurement and chances are real good that the front wheels would rub the upper front fenders causing even more problems.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by beaim
after tie up the wheel. its feel like bearing jam, so i rebuild all 4 upright. before tie up the wheel, its smooth..tie up again problem occur.how to solve it??? my te is almost new. my experience tell me is the pin hole of wheel adaptor too deep yet it lock up both bearing after tie up the wheel..really upset on it.
If you could post some pics we could maybe come up with a fix.......but I would contact Serpent to let them know about the problem so they could fix you up. This could be another known issue as to why the LE is on hold.

Tim Potter you have a LE kit, have run into this problem??
Old 04-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have not finished bulding it, but was informed of an issue with the front wheel hexes/axels that bind when tightened. They are working on a fix.

I am putting the front end togther today, so when I get it done, I will check it out and report back.

If you could post some pics we could maybe come up with a fix.......but I would contact Serpent to let them know about the problem so they could fix you up. This could be another known issue as to why the LE is on hold.

Tim Potter you have a LE kit, have run into this problem??
Old 04-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default S411te

Can you post a pic of the problem and the fix? Thanks
//img36.imageshack.us/img36/8943/lafotoxn.jpg

Here you hace a photo of the temporary solution, serpent appears to have recognized this problem or defect and a rear differential q the new covers are wider and that makes q the Rear back will not get soft if more than 2 degrees or plate convergence less than 3 degrees
Old 04-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ovcloock
//img36.imageshack.us/img36/8943/lafotoxn.jpg

Here you hace a photo of the temporary solution, serpent appears to have recognized this problem or defect and a rear differential q the new covers are wider and that makes q the Rear back will not get soft if more than 2 degrees or plate convergence less than 3 degrees
So once again,could you not sand the face of the steering hub down so the bearing pocket is not as deep thus not letting the hex rub the outer portion of the steering hub?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So once again,could you not sand the face of the steering hub down so the bearing pocket is not as deep thus not letting the hex rub the outer portion of the steering hub?
Johnny,

You're talking about simply rolling the outside bearing face of the hub like a diff ring on sandpaper to give the bearing more reveal? Easy enough...

Luckily, I put my TE together without this issue...no bind at all.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Just to share with you guys, last weekend's race I TQed and won in one of the big race in my neighbouring country. It was a controlled motor class race (using Dualsky 10.5t) in an indoor carpet med size track. My car was flawless all weekend.

Here are the videos.....my car starting from pole (Fluorescent Yellow/Green + Blue) Final Leg 1 @2:15 had a bad moment with the back markers but managed to climb back to win the round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBS5SPQipeQ

Final Leg 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbb504XzU2w
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Just to share with you guys, last weekend's race I TQed and won in one of the big race in my neighbouring country. It was a controlled motor class race (using Dualsky 10.5t) in an indoor carpet med size track. My car was flawless all weekend.

Here are the videos.....my car starting from pole (Fluorescent Yellow/Green + Blue) Final Leg 1 @2:15 had a bad moment with the back markers but managed to climb back to win the round.

Final Leg 2

Man, looked good. Mine sharing your setup?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz

Final Leg 2

Very nice...

The red car was dogging you for some time. Good job in holding it together.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I finished the front end build on the TE, I could eyeball that the outer bearings on the hubs seemed a little recessed, so I added a shim, and it looks good. When I run the car, I'll report back ( this weekend )
Old 04-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default TE fixes

So, is there an estimated time Serpent will have the Team Edition "fixes" sorted out and have the kits shipping again?

I am looking to get one but would like to wait until the issues are sorted out.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What issues are they having with the team edition right now? I am looking to maybe get one too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.