Community
Wiki Posts
Search

808e vs RC8e vs Mugen ECO

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 808e vs RC8e vs Mugen ECO

Hello. I'm from Lithuania. Drive only the second season. Our off-road trails rough and uneven . More hesitantand resistant to the suspension is more suitable for beginners anyway?
And details would be no problem.
That is: 808E, RC8e, Mugen ECO, LRP S8 BXe Team or what? Sorry for the stupid questions
Old 04-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bidoks
Hello. I'm from Lithuania. Drive only the second season. Our off-road trails rough and uneven . More hesitantand resistant to the suspension is more suitable for beginners anyway?
And details would be no problem.
That is: 808E, RC8e, Mugen ECO, LRP S8 BXe Team or what? Sorry for the stupid questions
I would consider the RC8BE over the RC8E.

Parts availability for the LRP S8 BXe anywhere would be limited, if any.

Last edited by T. Herwig; 04-19-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

LRP S8 BXe is very popular in our country. Maybe the price?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I tried 808e, rc8be, hhhve8, Losi 8e.

My choice was the ECO. I LOVE IT.. and personally it fits me very well.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bidoks
Our off-road trails rough and uneven . More hesitantand resistant to the suspension is more suitable for beginners anyway?
Mugen 6Eco, it's all about the Droop (downtravel of suspension). It's got alot more to tune in than most for your rough/uneven conditions.

And Mugen Seiki is very popular in Europe as far as parts availability.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Hmmm, interesting argument
Ok need at least a suspension upgrade that would be ready to race
Old 04-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Saulius,

we will meet sooner or later on the track and talk about that .

I am also considering to change to Mugen ECO. Or will be waiting for Team Durango or Serpent E Buggy. Or will try all of them

I do not think that you will do some mistake by going with any of the brand you have mentioned. They all are capable and great buggies. I think it is just personal preference and maybe a little bit your driving style, if you can not adjust it to buggy.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by audriusv
Hi Saulius,

we will meet sooner or later on the track and talk about that .

I am also considering to change to Mugen ECO. Or will be waiting for Team Durango or Serpent E Buggy. Or will try all of them

I do not think that you will do some mistake by going with any of the brand you have mentioned. They all are capable and great buggies. I think it is just personal preference and maybe a little bit your driving style, if you can not adjust it to buggy.

ok audrius
Old 04-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mugen Mbx6-eco. You will love it.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Eco is best bet, car comes pre built and great set up. Also the suspension is really nice compaired to the xray e car. The ar rc8e isnt good the rc8be is way better but they aren't as stable to me.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

If you can't wait I would say MBX6 Eco also. If you can then I would wait for the S811E or DNX408E. I wish Agama will make an E version too.

The problem is that the 808E doesn't include the improvements of the 2011 nitro version
Old 04-20-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by OWTKAST cpt
I tried 808e, rc8be, hhhve8, Losi 8e.

My choice was the ECO. I LOVE IT.. and personally it fits me very well.
I LOVE IT MORE!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Tech Rookie

I believe that mugen is the way to go electric or nitro. RC8be chassis is very wide and complicated overall. 808e is very high quality but the chassis is not hard anodised and the car design is just a losi copy. So the car to have is MUGEN MBX6 ECO.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the greek
I believe that mugen is the way to go electric or nitro. RC8be chassis is very wide and complicated overall. 808e is very high quality but the chassis is not hard anodised and the car design is just a losi copy. So the car to have is MUGEN MBX6 ECO.
The 808e is so far from a Losi copy it isn't even funny. Not sure where that came from. XRay is extremely popular in Europe and parts availability is very good there. XRay is made in Europe (Slovakia) hence the reason. I assure you that if you go with the XRay you will not be disapointed.
With that being said I am not taking anything from the Mugen as it is a great car as well, from what I have heard. However, I have zero experience with it.
If you want the absolute best quality kit from the manufacturers described above, go with an 11 spec XRay 808, elite motor mount and a Losi battery tray. You will then have the best that XRay currently has to offer including the much improved, very free, drivetrain.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RACETEK
The 808e is so far from a Losi copy it isn't even funny. Not sure where that came from. XRay is extremely popular in Europe and parts availability is very good there. XRay is made in Europe (Slovakia) hence the reason. I assure you that if you go with the XRay you will not be disapointed.
With that being said I am not taking anything from the Mugen as it is a great car as well, from what I have heard. However, I have zero experience with it.
If you want the absolute best quality kit from the manufacturers described above, go with an 11 spec XRay 808, elite motor mount and a Losi battery tray. You will then have the best that XRay currently has to offer including the much improved, very free, drivetrain.
So true! A 808E 2011 version would be bullet proof.

I mailed Xray concerning that question but they do not plan to sell them any soon so you'll have to convert a 2011 version.

I had a 09 808 and the build quality is awesome. The only trouble I got was the diff bearings.

IMO the MBX6 ECO is the best bet right now but it won't take long so that it will be beaten. Plenty of brands are working on true brushless 1/8 buggies (I mean not just converted nitros) and once they'll come out the ECO will be past. It's only a matter of months now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.