Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suspension Setups

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Standing the SHocks up on the towers and moving them on the inside of the arm will make the truck jump better. It will also make truck to responsive for you to drive. When you move shocks on the bottom of the arm out the truck won't jump as well.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
Standing the SHocks up on the towers and moving them on the inside of the arm will make the truck jump better. It will also make truck to responsive for you to drive. When you move shocks on the bottom of the arm out the truck won't jump as well.
Ok thanks for all the info and for taking the time with this. 80% driver 20% truck. lol I'm just going to stick to trying to out drive the competition.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Practice Practice Practice.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Do anybody have any tips to quit losing shock spacers?
Old 09-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you mean the preload clip ons...get screw adjustable shocks...they're worth it.

Other than that, make sure the clip is not bent out of shape.
Make sure your springs are good enough to be providing constant pressure to the clips at full extension.
Lastly make sure that when fully compressed, the spring of the shock still has some more left to give, so you're not hitting a hard limit of the coil length. If you hit, the plastic clips (especially the smaller ones) will give before the metal of the spring coil will.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. I'll check those things out. It is the stock set-up, so I imagine it all checks out, but you never know.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

OK,

So the ride height changes worked great. My car stopped bottoming out and was very stable on the landing leading to good following corners. Additionally, when I hit the top of the receiving jump with just my back tires, my car would front flip onto its lid from the kick back on bottoming out. Now I can land the double without issue.

My new issue is oversteer and tippyness, where turning in too sharp puts in on two wheels and then flips.

If I bring the suspension arms more horinzontal (go one notch out front and back) would that create a more wide-track feel and thus give me some cornering back along with the ride height increase? For now I toned down the ride height increase and have a happy medium, but ideally I would put it back a tad higher.

We have a large tabletop and a big double that have sharp landing zones, so it often happens that I overshoot the downslope landing and land on the flat past the jump, especially the double, because coming up short is just really bad.

We have another very, very small double that are two triangle shaped wedges that used to bottom out the car and really throw it out of sorts that now is taken smoothly as well.

Help is appreciated as I am just tinkering blindly.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello I just have some problems with my Slash 2wd rear suspension.
It saggs way too low. I havent done any modifications to it or changed anything. Another thing I lost all of the pre load clips that came with the RC.
What would you suggest for a better shock, oil and or spring?
Thanks