Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default wierd problem

hi all,
first off, thanks heaps to fukuyama for great packs, great service, great prices, etc etc. I ordered my packs on thursday morning, and they got here (Australia) on monday morning... how the hell do you guys do that??

however, i have one small problem... i run a bone stock factory team tc3, haven't done any mods at all to it. my fuku packs were assembled by you guys with deans probars, and they don't seem to sit properly in the car. all my other packs fit fine (although these are my first gp3300's). It seems like the problem is that the deans probars have a higher profile than other bars, so the pack is wider. this means it is a very snug fit in between the two walls on either side of the cells. i think the actual problem, though, is that the slots for the cells aren't long enough. i don't think i'm explaining this very well, but i dont have a digi camera so i can't really show you what i mean...

has anyone else running a tc3 with fuku-assembled packs had this problem? (even if you think all is fine, pls checkyour car to make sure because it is only a small thing and you might not have noticed it at first)
Old 12-01-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

first off, thanks heaps to fukuyama for great packs, great service, great prices, etc etc
will that be in your speech when you win the trophy ??

Dan YGPM back!
Old 12-01-2003, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

lol probably... if i can fit the packs in car!
Old 12-01-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

3300'S are a little bigger than the 3000's. That's more than likely your problem. Most guys I know that run TC3's have the spine milled out to move the packs toward the center so it was never an issue with them. When I ran a TC3 it never was for that reason.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

The Cells are wider but the bars stick out more then other bars do such as the SMC Battery Bars or the Pro-Bar 2's by Deans. You can do one of two things.... Mill the Brace... or unsolder the batter packs and then take a hammer and smash the bars flat and then resolder.

If it was me I would mill the Chassis and then Unsolder the packs and get the SMC Bars myself
Old 12-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Adept

Maj. Teeth

Got my packs today, what a nice suprise. Thanks a lot!!!
Nice to have an unfair advantage LOL.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rory
lol probably... if i can fit the packs in car!
Hi Rory,

First off, thanks for the props! it is customers like you that makes all happens!

Secondly, I don't quite understand your problem but would like to help anyway I can. Are you using Euro Plugs? or hard-wiring? here's a picture I just took on a TC3.

Thanks.

DAn
Old 12-01-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Default Another picture

Here's another picture of the batteries in the TC3 and it fits perfectly with the Deans 2.0 bars.

Dan
Old 12-01-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by psmart2
Maj. Teeth

Got my packs today, what a nice suprise. Thanks a lot!!!
Nice to have an unfair advantage LOL.
Good deal! now you owe me one right?

Dan
Old 12-01-2003, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Hi Rory,

First off, thanks for the props! it is customers like you that makes all happens!

Secondly, I don't quite understand your problem but would like to help anyway I can. Are you using Euro Plugs? or hard-wiring? here's a picture I just took on a TC3.

Thanks.

DAn
btw, this is a bone stock FT TC3 with no modification as all. In fact, this car was ran once. hehe..

Dan
Old 12-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Hi Rory,

Thanks.

DAn
btw, this is a bone stock FT TC3 with no modification as all. In fact, this car was ran once. hehe..

Dan
Old 12-01-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Default last one

Here's a bottom shot of the GP batteries. They have less then 2mm from top to bottom so the fit is a little tight but no problems.

I don't suppose made a tighter chassis for the FTCT3? this car was bought at the end of last year.

Dan
Old 12-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

well your packs do appear to fit at least better than mine... can't really see from the photo though. my packs do actually fit in the car, but they sit on a (very) slight angle. it is probably most obvious when looked at from the bottom of the car, as on one side the cells aren't sitting in the slots on one side.
when you look at the chassis without a pack in it, you see how on the side closer to the centre of the chassis, there is less space between the slots and the centre bracing than on the other side? with the pack in the car, the only way it fits is if it's a little too far out towards the edge of the car, so the cell is just resting on the edge of the slot, rather than sitting in it properly

by the way, i use deans plugs, connected to the cell via a bent over battery bar (the same as what you've done in the picture, but with wire & plug attached)

i will probably just end up borrowing a dremel and removing some of the centre brace, but i just wanted to know if anyone else had had the problem and knew of another way to fix it before i start ripping into the car with a power tool

EDIT: looking at this latest post of yours, on my car there is more room on the inside edge of the slots, but on the outside edge the cells aren't even inside the slots (they're very close, but not quite). It's as though the slots need to be moved a tiny bit
it may be that associated slightly changed their chassis mould (sp) for whatever reason, i bought mine quite recently (september if i remember rightly)

the car is actually quite runnable like this, i'm just a bit worried about things like CG and wear & tear (don't ask me how this would create any extra wear & tear, it's just a feeling ok?)

Last edited by Rory; 12-01-2003 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2003, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rory
well your packs do appear to fit at least better than mine... can't really see from the photo though. my packs do actually fit in the car, but they sit on a (very) slight angle. it is probably most obvious when looked at from the bottom of the car, as on one side the cells aren't sitting in the slots on one side.
when you look at the chassis without a pack in it, you see how on the side closer to the centre of the chassis, there is less space between the slots and the centre bracing than on the other side? with the pack in the car, the only way it fits is if it's a little too far out towards the edge of the car, so the cell is just resting on the edge of the slot, rather than sitting in it properly

by the way, i use deans plugs, connected to the cell via a bent over battery bar (the same as what you've done in the picture, but with wire & plug attached)

i will probably just end up borrowing a dremel and removing some of the centre brace, but i just wanted to know if anyone else had had the problem and knew of another way to fix it before i start ripping into the car with a power tool

EDIT: looking at this latest post of yours, on my car there is more room on the inside edge of the slots, but on the outside edge the cells aren't even inside the slots (they're very close, but not quite). It's as though the slots need to be moved a tiny bit
it may be that associated slightly changed their chassis mould (sp) for whatever reason, i bought mine quite recently (september if i remember rightly)

the car is actually quite runnable like this, i'm just a bit worried about things like CG and wear & tear (don't ask me how this would create any extra wear & tear, it's just a feeling ok?)
Hi Rory, so sorry to hear that but give it a try and let us know what happens. I'm sure one of us will figure out a way to help you get those batts in there correctly. The GP is indeed bigger then the older panasonics or Sanyos. But it could also be an AE thing. I know the soldering job was ok since I personally did those packs since our technician were on vacation. Again, please let us know if there's any more problems. We value our customers each and every one with personal level of attentions all the time.

Dan
Old 12-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

I know the soldering job was ok since I personally did those packs since our technician were on vacation
yeah the soldering job is awesome! i'm 100% sure it's not that lol

I've extended the slots a bit with a file and they appear to fit better now, i can't really tell whether they fit properly now or not but it should do for now at least

thanks for all your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.