Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exergen DX501

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Exergen DX501

Does anybody know of a place (so cal) or website that sells any cases for the Exergen DX501 Temp gauge.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

get a hold of JR or Kevin @ Ace Hobbies

ace hobbies

they'll hook you up...
Old 01-13-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default exergen

Thanks, ill give them a call.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I got mine off ebay a couple months ago for around 200 bucks. If you monitor it, you will eventually find a good deal.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
I got mine off ebay a couple months ago for around 200 bucks. If you monitor it, you will eventually find a good deal.
It sounds like he is only looking for the case. I would just contact the manufacturer and ask nicely if they would sent you one http://www.exergen.com/

What I want to know is why would you need a case? This is the most stolen item at the track and most people including myself engrave their name on the case. I would make sure somebody didn't sell you a "hot" item. It is a touchy subject for me because my current Exergen cost me ~$750. Why, because the first two grew legs if ya know what I mean.

It would be super cool if they could mold them in clear and we could paint them how we want. I just disassembled my clear USB mouse and painted it from the inside... nothing is sacred
Old 01-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I totally missed that he just needed the case. Yeah, that would suck to get a stolen temp gun. I would think if he was changing the case because it was etched in someone elses name that he already knows its stolen. I am sure that is not the case though. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Do You think that maybe he needs a new one because it is broken. I droped mine and it took a big chunk out of the bottom of the insturment. I have had a lot of dealings with exergen in the medical field and they have a lifetime warranty on the medical temp guns. It could also be that he is just looking for a case to store it in.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa,whoa!!! I bought my temp gun new from a hobby shop. I think there has been a misunderstanding, I am not looking for a "body case" I am looking for a case to put the temp gun in like the one they had for the old exergen temp guns. A cover i guess or a pouch. So if you guys know where i can purchase one the tip would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah Rich, I thought about damage but in my experience this stuff is tough. Your's is the first broken one I have heard about... wow.

palvarez, now we understand what you need. I have looked at a bunch and found a few things that are close but not perfect. Some older cell phone cases work due to their size and you can find them for cheap at swap meet, flea market, etc. I also saw some that looked cool that were for paramedic/EMT scissors/forceps/etc. They had a small hole in the bottom so you could get the tip through a little.

There was one cool spring loaded clip-on feature I liked from a few of the clip-on pistol holsters but the clip is the only cool part. Obviously holsters are the wrong shape. I think I had found some of the EMT deals with that kind of clip but they were a bit expensive.

Other than that, you can look for some larger knife sheaths like from Buck or Schrade but I don't recall if the sheaths for the folders get that big.

The big problem I had with using a case was with most of them you would have to wear a belt all the time and that is simply not the case for me. That is why I thought the strong clip-on would be best. Clip it on right before the round and toss it in your toolbox when done so it doesn't get lost. If you come up with a good solution, I would love to hear it.