Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the world of rc in 10 years???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Default the world of rc in 10 years???

where will eclectric...(all rc) be in 10 years.....
hhmmm somethin to thing about
how will technology advance????
Old 10-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

I have some interesting personal beliefs about the future if tech evolves any further (life in general, not just R/C) Hmmm...that'd make for an interesting discussion

Besides no maintnence motors, non-crystaled self sythesizing radios, self setup cars and ever lasting tires I don't think theres anything else left...except auto pilot
Old 10-18-2004, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just hope the future doesn't get boring. To me, there's no better joy than setting up my own car, and tuning my own motors/engines and learning new things. I personaly love the maintnence factor of the hobby...its puts a realism factor into the equation and that's what makes it fun.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When I look back 10 years, I don't see much change. There are a lot of new products but overall it's all the same stuff, just different.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Its obvious that our electronics will only get smaller and more efficient. Batteries will last a whole race day, and brushes will be a thing of the past. Everyclass will end up being a spec brushless class because of the lack of tuning that can be done to a brushless. Probablly will have interchangable armatures to mimic a 7.5turn motor all the way up to stock. The tires that we are running won't change very much just because it isn't as researched as much as the other aspects and that we could have possibly hit the roof as far as compounds go. The New losi car will be the design that everyone else bases theirs off of. Associated will figure that they dont have to use the batteries one side electronics other formula. Xray will have a shaft drive touring car. C-hubs will be a thing of the past. And last but not least, the alpha will be the carpet racers choice of body...........still.
Chris
Old 10-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

In 10 years I'm hoping that battery and motor technology are so advanced that we only need a small, lightweight single or double cell battery which can also provide power for 20 min races on a single charge. Imagine how much faster these cars could be without the extra weight of heavy batteries.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Do we really need them faster? Me thinks not. We just need them to be more efficient. I think about five percent of the people who race the cars can actually handle a seven by one motor.
Old 10-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys! Be more creative!!! You guys are just rehashing old concepts in RC today!

I foresee:
- onboard telemetry info on scoreboards for spectators to see
- onboard cameras in the cars for a "driver's" view for all cars at major races on huge screens
- bluetooth wireless electronics (escs, receivers, servos, you still need to wire the esc/cells to the motor... duh )
- on the fly setup changes to esc, chassis configured through transmitter (much like F1 steering wheels today). Nitro will have fuel mixture settings that can be changed for different parts of the track
- radio communications between mechanics and drivers
- artificial "turf" for configurable track conditions, climate control for indoor tracks to simulate racing conditions

Lots more but thats what i can get off my head now... back to work in office now :P
Old 10-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree. I think the future of RC lies with a laptop and Bluetooth or wireless technology. The top racers will be running their cars with on-board sensors to make accurate changes. Programs will have your presets for different tracks.
G-forces and weight tranfer on a computer screen will help racers dial their car in for certain tracks.
I think the future of RC is going to be great! We have pretty much run the course for car chassis advancements, the future is in the electrics.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Re: the world of rc in 10 years???

Originally posted by Driver1
where will eclectric...(all rc) be in 10 years.....
hhmmm somethin to thing about
how will technology advance????
Masami would still be WC of some class.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Tech Master

Cool How about this......

Thought controlled R/C cars where each persons brain waves have a frequency as individual as a finger print and therefore crystals (or any kind of frequency changing) becomes redundent altogether.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 10-18-2004 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We'll be running fuel-cell powered cars.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

this is how i see the r/c in the future
1. Possibily a switch to fuel cell cars, as there really isn't too much room for development of batteries, they haven't changed much since they were first produced.
2. Brushless for everyone, as price falls, it'll become more popular
3. High frequency radios, less intereference, self-setup
4. ESC/receiver but might incorporate more computer capabilities, like on board telematry, but that'll really depend on the Racing regulations.
5. Mechanical wise, i don't think there will be much improvement, perhaps we'll revert to pan car? i don't know, but things much become "in" again, much like how the fashion world operates
Old 10-19-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'd like to see a more efficient nitro system and or fuel that has like double the runtime with the same tank. Efficiency is where its at with electronics. They make you run faster, longer and cooler. In ten years the eff. on you esc will be like 0.000000001oms. If brushes are still around you'll have a stock motor with the torque of a paradox but the top end of a B2.

It seems that the hobby's technology has increased exponentionally over the years rather than linear. So if thats the case, we won't need 5 years to see some major advancements.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

I agree. I think the future of RC lies with a laptop and Bluetooth or wireless technology. The top racers will be running their cars with on-board sensors to make accurate changes. Programs will have your presets for different tracks.

That is already available..... I happen to own a system, and numerous others do too...

True 2 way telemetry is less than a year away....

I see a big difference from 10 years ago... There were really no GOOD RTR vehicles... MT's sucked... TC's were in their infancy.... You'd be lucky if your battery pack made it through a 5 minute main... Nitro's were mainly 8th scale buggies....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.