Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gas Sedan Nats. Toledo, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you can get a nice flight into the Toledo airport I think it is much easier to get in and out of. And getting to the track is much eaiser to get to. The Yahoo directions from the Toedo airprot are messed up.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mcsquish
The Yahoo directions from the Toedo airprot are messed up.
whats wrong with the yahoo map? If you could correct the directions it would be best to let those who are flying in that way know the best way.
Old 08-27-2004, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tom, I guess your right. Now why didn't I think of that. No comments from the penut gallery.

From Toledo airport to the track:
Take the turnpike (I80/I90 the on-ramp is directly across from the airport) east to the I75/795 exit.
Take 795 east towards I280
Take I280 north (left turn for on-ramp)
To get to the track exit at Woodville Road
At the stop light turn feft
Woodville Mall will be on the left.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Help wanted.

I am coming from out of the area (Do you consider Utah foreign??) and alone..... I will need someone to fuel me. Racing Masters class (and I don't need a walker) and would be glad to reciprocate (err....I'll fuel for you as a trade). Any suggestions of hooking up with someone who doesn't mind handling a NTC3.

Thanks
Zoot

(and thanks for the airport to track directions)
Old 08-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

I'm sure you'll find someone to fuel for you. Its best to wait till you get there and all the heats are posted so there's no conflicts with your marshalling dutys. I'd offer to help but since I'm helping out in Tech I'm not sure yet when I'll be available. Come find me if you still haven't found a pitman. I'll be there starting on Thursday.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback. I fly in Wednesday evening and will also be there on Thursday....Thanks again
Old 08-27-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's some more info:

August 6,2004

To: Mr. Dale Epp
Protoform

Dale,

ROAR is confirming the fact that the Protoform Cadillac CTS-VR 200mm Body, part number 1475 is approved for ROAR competition.
If I can be of further help on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Bob Ingersoll
ROAR Technical Director
Old 08-27-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Will we be lucky to see semi-live updates for this race on this site?

-Rich
Old 08-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, does anyone know how to file a protest about the age of a guy that has signed up for the Masters class. I know that Eli can't be old enough because he goes too fast!

Plus Dennis Richey looks about 25 so how could he possibly be old enough?

Last edited by Ted Flack; 08-28-2004 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Ted Flack
Hey, does anyone know how to file a protest about the age of a guy that has signed up for the Masters class. I know that Eli can't be old enough because he goes too fast!
I think you should file complane to CIA to investigate this accurance. Defenetly something is wrong-Eli can't be old enough because he goes too fast. Back in Russia, in situations like this we call to KGB for help. I am sure UN will be very interested too to be involve in this-sound like child abuse.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Ted, Your body will be at the track w/josh
Later,
Kropy
Old 08-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Kropy,

Thanks!!!

Hopefully I can get out of work tomorrow and come down to run in some tires, and now I have to mount a new body!

Thanks again.

Ted
Old 08-30-2004, 05:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by RichChang
Will we be lucky to see semi-live updates for this race on this site?

-Rich
Ask Futureal
Old 08-30-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default SAY IT AIN'T SO.........................

I read that there is no longer open practice on wendsday for the the Gas Sedan Nats, is this true?

If this is true(which I hope its not) I think its an unfair thing to change the week of the race being as-though I and everybody that I'm traveling with and others whom I have talked with based there traveling plans around the original format that stated there will be open practice on wednesday and contolled practice on thursday now www.oneeighthracers.com says that open practice is only on monday & tuesday and controlled practice is on wednesday & thursday, why the change?

I really do believe that the majority of the racers will be arriveing(sp?) on wednesday and that they were looking foward to having a open track because of the original format that you guys started with on the entry-form, if you guys do contolled pratice wednesday alot of the racers(myself included) won't get the track time they thought they were going to get and it will be harder to get your car set-up for raceday, maybe you can do open in the morning & early afternoon then go to controlled for a round or two afterwards, just my thoughts.

I understand you have-to-do what you got-to-do, I will still be there along with everybody else eitherway, I just wish I would have known a month ago so I could have planed to come on tuesday instead.

If I've been mislead, sorry for the long post.
Regards,
Eric L. Jones
Old 08-30-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

In their defense, and this statement isn't official or anything and not directed towards you in anyway but to everyone attending. I respect the points made and I relieze most are probably in agreement with your argument, and at first I was in agrreement but when I really thought about it, I believe this decision was made so that there would be more fair to everyone since there will most likely be so many people there that they had to do something that way everyone has enough time to practice. 160 people trying to practice all at once on the same day would be difficult. It may or may not happen, depending if there's that many people there.

Look at the bright side of controlled practice. This way there's no one looking for frequency clips, theres no one getting radio hits (impound) and a the end of the day everyone goes home happy. You might find out if you can swap around open slots of drivers who aren't present as long as you may find an open frequency slot. I'm sure that way there will be plenty of time for practice. I know I won't be there till thursday so you can have my slot. There will defenately be time before and after controlled practice sessions, so you'll still have those open times, just more mayhem.

Its not easy being race director and trying to keep everyone happy all at once I know because I've been there before. So just go easy on them follow their instructions and everyone will have a good time. The Toledo club members including myself have put a lot of hard effort into making a good show for everyone and they gave up a week of vacation to do it because they love racing. They're thinking of you when they chose to do this, and if you see a club member there you should probably thank them for making such a wonderful track and race like this possible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.