Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Frankie,

No. You wont nead longer screws. TM have done a really good job milling and machining their new 4mm chassis and the stock length screws work just fine.

I just got mine all built with the 4mm chassis.......lokks like a winner

Congrats on the Avatars !

Menace
Old 02-26-2007, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

What would be the benefits of the 4mm chassis ???
from my understanding its appliction is more for high traction tracks where you wouldnt want too much flex.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
What would be the benefits of the 4mm chassis ???
from my understanding its appliction is more for high traction tracks where you wouldnt want too much flex.
hey razzor
strength my friend
we here are still very much newbies here in south austraila
and still put on some great airiel display sometimes
myself i have had 2 radio problems when i first started and went off the end of our striaght at full speed hitting the broads hard
so i already have a tweeked chassis
which i have to straighten all the time
so this will be me next upgrade once i fell more confident that the major crashing is over

paul
Old 02-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Hey Frankie,

No. You wont nead longer screws. TM have done a really good job milling and machining their new 4mm chassis and the stock length screws work just fine.

I just got mine all built with the 4mm chassis.......lokks like a winner

Congrats on the Avatars !

Menace

Cheers for the Congratso - i guess helpping others do pay off

As for the 4mm chasis, this will be ordered tomorrow along side with the Speed Bulk - i want this car to be on rails and not worry about tweak issues!!!

I found a few things that can effect these g4S the sway bar setup where i have displayed the pics before in post back a page - also i noticed my hinge pins all with surface rust "AAARRRHHH my car has cancer"

I have removed this with some Autosol polish and greased them up to swivel nice!!!

As you guys already know i like things to be perfect or better working right, so to knead all these little gremlins out, i can say the car will perform better!!

As a community on here its the best i can say for feed, fun and serouise talk!!!

the only way we all learn is feed back and inspection of the cars maintenance!!!

LOL - i am always working on mine ahahhha "Crazy Hey"

Anyway, i think the new parts that come this week or early next week will be a bit of a change!!!

ED - Trans
Speed Shot Bulk Head
4mm Chasis

this will be interesting for sure!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i have got that chassis at home, but still, not wanting to install it as it looks so nice, even though my chassis is bend. wait till i have a better skills then i will install it. keke. i think std screw will do, since it has a deeper groove in, so that ur screw head will not get rubbed against like our stock ones.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Frankie,
It's good to see you back on the road again......O.S driven!
I have ran O.S motors b4 and I found them very reliable and easy to tune. With this new "TZ" series, I think your on to a winner.

Now I just nead to bitch and moan about the weather again

It's allright for you guys in the good weather......spare a thought for those rc fanatics out here in the Midwest of America, eager to get practicing and testing their new car, motor and "stuff" and all we see is snow !!
Just when I thought things were getting better.....the temps up to the 40's, well almost!?
Warm enough anyway and drying up.......Sunday comes around and guess what?

Yep............An Ice storm. !
Oh well...
Then just to rub salt in the open gash.
8" of snow !! OMG
It took 4 weeks for the last lot to go.
I nead to move to wqarmer climates people.
Hey Sam, how do you feel about having a lodger for a while????? .............lol

My moan over.
Frankie. Let us know what you found different when you run with the ED.

Menace
Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey Frankie,
It's good to see you back on the road again......O.S driven!
I have ran O.S motors b4 and I found them very reliable and easy to tune. With this new "TZ" series, I think your on to a winner.

Now I just nead to bitch and moan about the weather again

It's allright for you guys in the good weather......spare a thought for those rc fanatics out here in the Midwest of America, eager to get practicing and testing their new car, motor and "stuff" and all we see is snow !!
Just when I thought things were getting better.....the temps up to the 40's, well almost!?
Warm enough anyway and drying up.......Sunday comes around and guess what?

Yep............An Ice storm. !
Oh well...
Then just to rub salt in the open gash.
8" of snow !! OMG
It took 4 weeks for the last lot to go.
I nead to move to wqarmer climates people.
Hey Sam, how do you feel about having a lodger for a while????? .............lol

My moan over.
Frankie. Let us know what you found different when you run with the ED.

Menace
Hey Bud,

cheers man, yeah OS power is keeping up with Sirio's, Nova's and MAX's no probs there, the only prob is more skill!!

Still have more tuning to go as the bottom end is still too rich and will be needed a few more lean outs to get it right but she is not far off from the screaming song!!!!

As for your crazy snow storms - all i can say is Arrrrrhhhhhhhhh man thats not fair!!!

Hit up Australia where snow is in a Arena for people to enjoy at nights, plus its fake snow LOL

All we get most times is either good sunny day, hot hot and little rain, if it rains its during a small bit at a time!!!

Last winter there wasnt much - we have water restrictions and you waste water you will get fined LOL!!!! oops just dropped a drop!!

Keep up the spirit man, you will get ur turn, by then we should have some craazy feed back for you to play around!!!

There is about 5 of us that are seriouse in listening down here and do make mods to improve and hone on there goal of winning and catchng those MTX4 - hey Toy000 wont be long till you nibble for the lead one day i can only smell victory by midd year champ!!!

i ll try to follow

i will give feed back on the ED-Trans soon as i get the sucker

enjoy for now, but just to leave ya guys on a interesting note!!!

Hinge pins, are awfully tight since i have stripped my car its ok to clean them up and grease all moving parts?

cheers again
Old 02-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Finally! Got me a g4s! Hope there wont be any new g4 model kit comming!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Don't worry "moving parts",

If they do come out with a new car or evolution there of.......TM will provide you with an upgrade kit. They always have.
One of the great things about the G4 is that essentially the car has not changed in 4 years.
I have still got parts I use from the old G4C, and E I used to run 4 years ago!

Let us all know how you get on and welcome to the family.
Any problems you post away and we can all help you

Have fun

Menace
Old 02-26-2007, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Don't worry "moving parts",

If they do come out with a new car or evolution there of.......TM will provide you with an upgrade kit. They always have.
One of the great things about the G4 is that essentially the car has not changed in 4 years.
I have still got parts I use from the old G4C, and E I used to run 4 years ago!

Let us all know how you get on and welcome to the family.
Any problems you post away and we can all help you

Have fun

Menace
Thanks BritishMenace! Glad i could join here! ill post some pics of my G4s soon so that you can have comments! You can call me Mike!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey guys, i have a question aimed more towards the suppliers of TM parts, or TM them selves. on 3 seperate occasions i have lost my 1st gear. the ED trans has a big alloy washer on the spur side that keeps everything held together. problem is the first time the screw came loose, and found it, then i used a small application of the blue thread lock. now the screw came off again, found the alloy washer again. now last raceday, it came off again, this time loosing 1st gear hub and 2 speed came out. i found all the parts, except the alloy washer on the end. now it seems as though the part isnt available seperately on its own. i have emailed TM Edith, but no reply yet. i believe for all persons running the ED trans, this is a part that is simply needed to be purchased seperately and ASAP. i might be the only one who has a problem with it coming loose. but maybe more once the weather clears up in the US and UK. now on the subject of coming loose, what can be done to resolve this situation ? like they have done with gear housing hub nuts and the side gear for ED trans. a left hand threaded 2 speed shaft on the spur side. it would never come loose then. just a thaught hey ?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

An excellent thought/ idea Patto and one that should be taken up by TM as soon as poss' I believe.

I am surprised it was not made this way as Tm and K Factory usually think these things out prity well.

Will keep an eye on this part myself..

Well posted Patto

Menace
Old 02-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by movingparts
Thanks BritishMenace! Glad i could join here! ill post some pics of my G4s soon so that you can have comments! You can call me Mike!
Thats cool Mike.
We look foreward to seeing pix of your "Pride-n-joy" soon.

Menace
Old 02-26-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

what i ended up using was a engine mount screw with the race of the thrust bearing. has too much end float but worked ok for a 10 min final. would like to get the relacement part though. cheers BM
Old 02-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Hey Frankie,
Those tight hinge pins, I wouldn't grease or oil them. This attracts the dirt, with the dirt comes grit and that wears away the plastic parts faster then your motor flies down that back straight of yours.

Try polishing the pins......if they are still too tight. Try reaming out the plastic 'A' arms. Be careful not to go too far though.

Make sure too Frankie that it is the arm that is making it stiff........I found the lower front bracing bar, that the bottom front hinge pins go through, to be drilled very slightly wrong and this made my lower front 'A' arms stiff.

Keep up the good work Frankie. we'll all be chasing down the MTX-4 and RRR soon.

Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.