Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: for 550 shipped

Originally posted by Shark
Racenut123,

where did you get this quote? Is it brand new??
I pointed him to R/C Champ in Tokyo. You can send them an e-mail at [email protected] or [email protected]. Check out their website at http://www.rc-champ.co.jp

I was in the store about a month ago and saw 4 kits sitting on their shelf.

Last edited by Headbanger; 08-15-2003 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

aah, so there still are some left, I have thought about getting a 2'nd one... until the PAL pics came out
Old 08-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Randman
aah, so there still are some left, I have thought about getting a 2'nd one... until the PAL pics came out
Shark,

You better hurry before Randman changes his mind! LOL )
Old 08-15-2003, 05:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Old 08-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Default Important Read!

The fukuyama #'s are done on a turbomatcher, the parameters can't be changed to make the #'s appear better than they actually are. Bought 1.17's from Kinetix, and a good # of them turned out to be 1.15... thats BS.
Ok, sorry for the late post since I've been really busy today. Not to step on anybodies toes or demean any of the matchers, compitition or otherwise ok?. I just want to clarify something based on a realistic situation here.

Randman & others,

1. Just to clarify, those numbers you originally got might not be fake at all. Remembered that these cells have been driven before the rematching was done. "Cells do decrease its value" in the long run. Some will last 15 runs, some will last only 2 runs. It all really depends on the way it was processed and dealt with.

2. Just remember that even the best cells are used during a race, running over a dot or simply getting a bump will send a SPIKE to the voltage so great that it will actually zap itself internally if the cells aren't stable enough to begin with. Not saying those cells are processed wrong, but for those cells to be those numbers to begin with, some major blasting or zapping has to be done to it.

3. Like I said on another thread or on my web site, most matchers tend to believe zapping the craps out of the virgin cells will boost up it's voltage but thats the end of the story for them. Now, Jimmy and our team of engineers believe otherwise. We simply believe you have to know how much the cells will take and what procedures will yield a better voltage yet constantly worried about the longvities of the cells and how well the cells will retain it's optimum voltage. That is why we have a Japanese (read) scientist built our "C.E.T." Core Enhancement System technology to check each and every cell we've tested before the zapping process. Say for instance, if one of the cells are not up to par for zapping, we'll simply let it go unzapped and try to get the most voltage for it without the zapping process. That is why our cells might not have the highest numbers compared to other intermediate matchers, but the stability level is second to none. Take (insert three letters here) for instances, they are an awesome matcher and constantly tries different methods to better the cells for racers and their numbers are quite high as compared to others. Nothing is wrong with them and there is enough sponsored racers to vouch for them. But at the cost of stability. It really boils down to how you use the packs in all honesty. We really believe experience racers will speak for themselves when they try our cells. Take Redbullfixx for instances, he's using some of my cells way back from the ROAR Nats and yet, they are still running strong race after race and the numbers tend to get better. That is how we'd like to do it.

Just thought I'd step in and clarify this for everyone so there are no hard feelings involve when the numbers aren't what they are when they're new.

my personal $.02 cents.

Dan
Old 08-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

[
Old 08-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Headbanger
I don't trust anybody 100% unless I can verify with my own two|four eyes. I have bought from ProMatch and I'm happy with what I got. I didn't buy the most expensive packs because I'm not that good of a driver, yet. Until I can drive without hitting something, I will never know the difference. It's kind of crazy what people will pay for that .02v difference. For me, I can't tell the difference, so why pay the big bucks?
If you are happy with ProMatch, then I am too. I should be happy since my cells came from their warehouse raw. , Jeff and I have been talking about these cells and the new cells that are on its way here.

There is a difference voltage wise, but that is not as important as driving constantly and not hitting things. The cells will last much longer and will perform a lot better without constantly being spiked!. You are correct in what you say.

Dan
Old 08-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
so is the fukuyama numbers real?
well, order a couple of packs through SpeedtechRC and you shall find out.

Dan
Old 08-15-2003, 06:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
If you are happy with ProMatch, then I am too. I should be happy since my cells came from their warehouse raw. , Jeff and I have been talking about these cells and the new cells that are on its way here.

There is a difference voltage wise, but that is not as important as driving constantly and not hitting things. The cells will last much longer and will perform a lot better without constantly being spiked!. You are correct in what you say.

Dan
Let me know when your new cells come in, I'm good for 3 or 4 more packs Dan
Old 08-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
well, order a couple of packs through SpeedtechRC and you shall find out.

Dan
through speedtech? y not through the site?
Old 08-15-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just went to the website... Jason is cheaper.
???? not for the work I hand done in the past ....and he took forever........... thats why I paint for my self now..to much dang $$$ for bodies that only last 4 or 5 race days
-Dave
Old 08-15-2003, 06:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
???? not for the work I hand done in the past ....and he took forever........... thats why I paint for my self now..to much dang $$$ for bodies that only last 4 or 5 race days
-Dave
Turn around time is usually 2 weeks, he's a busy guy... You should start painting for me as well
Old 08-15-2003, 06:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

YGPM Dave
Old 08-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Default wellll

lil props for jason "big dog " dave you ordered your bodies at the same time he had a stack from hell for the sno birds so yes he was a lil slow but the work was what he said it would be and at a fair price.........
Old 08-15-2003, 06:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Dynoman, have you found a match for the Web Special orange? I heard RC Zombies was going to be getting some stuff done by you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.