Pardon?
Old 02-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
you can say that again!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by spencehotbodies
probably an option on the 13 but the 14 i dont think needs it as they come with captive bulkheads
Old 02-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
probably an option on the 13 but the 14 i dont think needs it as they come with captive bulkheads
But the '14 bulkheads still hit the top deck.

-Mike
Old 02-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grippgoat
But the '14 bulkheads still hit the top deck.

-Mike
I can't be bothered to raise the top deck up. I just remove the screws and add/remove the centre post as required.
Still seems to have the desired effect, with a lower risk of breaking the top deck.

Skiddins
Old 02-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I can't be bothered to raise the top deck up. I just remove the screws and add/remove the centre post as required.
Still seems to have the desired effect, with a lower risk of breaking the top deck.

Skiddins

Yep, I've run the stock '13 layshaft screws out with the Spec-R post and not had an issue or noticed any real difference from that to when I swapped to the RSD captured mounts. The only real think I like about the captured mounts is that it seems safer for your spur gear, particularly in mod. Maybe you fast guys can tell a slight difference but to me, it's all the same.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

I ran my Rx4 v2 Xray at Snowbirds on 17.5 stock. I didn't have much luck with it on the qualifiers but I finally figured the best setup for it at the last race. The car was absolutely wonderful; very easy to drive fast and consistent even though I was trying to pace myself just to win my main. I let the car loose on the last part of my last lap and managed the fastest lap of the week with a 10.5sec lap. I absolutely encourage anyone thinking in upgrading their car to do so, this is a great conversion kit. My only criticism would be the inner suspension pins that come with it, the steel is too soft, they bend easily. Do yourself a favor and buy the yokomo bd7 front and rear inner pins they fit perfectly. (I hope Christian; You would take note of this and use them in every new kit). Anyway great first Snowbirds for me and RSD keep up the good work.

Old 02-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Do you think it would be adequate to get just the chassis and top deck or is there something about the suspension mounts that really makes it?
Old 02-11-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by klaymon
Do you think it would be adequate to get just the chassis and top deck or is there something about the suspension mounts that really makes it?
I really think is the entire package. This conversion will make your car to drive like the Xray t4 14 . In fact my setup is almost the same Chris Adams ran in his superstock 13.5 car at snowbirds to finish 2nd after Keven Hebert's Associated. Chris was impressed how good my car looked. Get the spec r shims to shim the suspension blocks. I ran 1mm under all of them and it was perfect.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klaymon
I would get the mounts as well. I've learned that they are easier to swap and make changes to than the stock mounts and they are smooth too. I'm sure the stock mounts would be OK but I really like the split FR mount rather than the stock one piece mount.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Getting the chassis alone could be a very good upgrade. The suspension mounts greatly lighten up the car though. Its also more consistent run to run because they don't build up slop as you drive more.

I noticed a huge difference going from a stock 13 to a full conversion rx4 (although I have the v1 chassis). My car gained so much steering and thus far, I've put down some of the fastest laps in stock sedan at my local track. The top guy here did an 11.1 (he was in the A-main at 'birds in mod and got 2nd in the A 13.5) while I was at an 11.3. I'd never been that close to him before and I believe it's because I finally got a dialed setup.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
I ran my Rx4 v2 Xray at Snowbirds on 17.5 stock. I didn't have much luck with it on the qualifiers but I finally figured the best setup for it at the last race. The car was absolutely wonderful; very easy to drive fast and consistent even though I was trying to pace myself just to win my main. I let the car loose on the last part of my last lap and managed the fastest lap of the week with a 10.5sec lap. I absolutely encourage anyone thinking in upgrading their car to do so, this is a great conversion kit. My only criticism would be the inner suspension pins that come with it, the steel is too soft, they bend easily. Do yourself a favor and buy the yokomo bd7 front and rear inner pins they fit perfectly. (I hope Christian; You would take note of this and use them in every new kit). Anyway great first Snowbirds for me and RSD keep up the good work.

can you send me over your entire setup. I'm curious to see it. I haven't had chance to run my V2, but loved the V1. just want to see how diff it would look from mine.

thanks
Old 02-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigz84
can you send me over your entire setup. I'm curious to see it. I haven't had chance to run my V2, but loved the V1. just want to see how diff it would look from mine.

thanks
I've been having a blast with Pauly's IIC mod setup on my v2 kit...... Except I run the RSD layshafts, SpecR post and upper deck, and 1mm shims under the arm mounts (which are roughly equal to XRAY middle I believe).

For you guys on low bite swap to a spool, 1.4 front swaybar, go to the 2hole on the front shock tower, thinner diff oil, LTCR, and medium plastics..... leave the rest the same.....
Old 02-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
I've been having a blast with Pauly's IIC mod setup on my v2 kit...... Except I run the RSD layshafts, SpecR post and upper deck, and 1mm shims under the arm mounts (which are roughly equal to XRAY middle I believe).

For you guys on low bite swap to a spool, 1.4 front swaybar, go to the 2hole on the front shock tower, thinner diff oil, LTCR, and medium plastics..... leave the rest the same.....
you back to running stock or this your mod setup?
Old 02-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigz84
you back to running stock or this your mod setup?
Works great regardless of the motor in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.