Tracks equipped with the new black CRC carpet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracks equipped with the new black CRC carpet

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-14-2021, 05:35 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tracks equipped with the new black CRC carpet
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: kn7671
United States

AK - Alaska

AL - Alabama

AR - Arkansas

AZ - Arizona

CA - California

CO - Colorado
  • 5280 Raceway - Denver, CO (96x42 subfloor)

CT - Connecticut

DE - Delaware

FL - Florida
  • 386 Raceway - Daytona Beach, FL

GA - Georgia

HI - Hawaii

IA - Iowa
  • Island Speedway- Muscatine, IA

ID - Idaho

IL - Illinois

IN - Indiana
  • Summit R/C Raceway - Fort Wayne, IN (90x36, subfloor)
  • Indy R/C Raceway and Hobbies - Indianapolis, IN

KS - Kansas

KY - Kentucky

LA - Louisiana

MA - Massachusetts

MD - Maryland
  • 180 Raceway - Middle River, MD

ME - Maine

MI - Michigan
  • Rapid Competition - Grand Rapids, MI (Relocating)

MN - Minnesota
  • Genesis RC - Marshall, MN
  • MMR - Minneapolis, MN

MO - Missouri
  • ProLevel RC - St. Louis, MO (88x36)

MS - Mississippi

MT - Montana
  • Magic City Radio Control - Billings, MT

NC - North Carolina
  • Ho B Max - Durham, NC
  • The Rug - King, NC

ND - North Dakota
  • Northern Mini Racers - Minot, ND (Has new carpet installing in Oct)

NE - Nebraska

NH - New Hampshire

NJ - New Jersey

NM - New Mexico

NV - Nevada

NY - New York
  • 360V2 - New Rochelle, NY
  • RC World - Middletown, NY

OH - Ohio
  • Austintown Hobbies - Austintown, OH
  • The Gate - Brunswick, OH

OK - Oklahoma

OR - Oregon

PA - Pennsylvania

RI - Rhode Island

SC - South Carolina
  • Xtreme RC Raceway - Charleston, SC

SD - South Dakota

TN - Tennessee
  • Thunder RC - Nashville, TN - 90x48 subfloor 1-3-2016

TX - Texas

UT - Utah

VA - Virginia
  • MBR - Salem, VA (Has new carpet but not installed) 76x48

VT - Vermont

WA - Washington

WI - Wisconsin
  • Revolution Raceway Oshkosh (On Road) - HobbyTown USA - Oshkosh, WI
  • Revolution Raceway Appleton (Off Road) - HobbyTown USA - Appleton, WI

WV - West Virginia

WY - Wyoming

Canada

AB - Alberta
  • Northern Alberta Scale Car Auto Racers - Edmonton, Alberta 80'x60'

BC - British Columbia

MB - Manitoba

NB - New Brunswick

NL - Newfoundland / Labrador

NS - Nova Scotia

ON - Ontario

PE - Prince Edward Island

QC - Quebec

SK - Saskatchewan

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Adam, are you guys going to be open the week before the IIC in Vegas? Are you having any kind of warmup race prior to IIC? Thanks
I would like to promote a 5280 Unlimited Track Time (5280 UTT) weekend just before IIC. It would be Sept 30 & Oct 1-2.

We'd have members open the track Friday\Sat\Sun morning and close very late at night probably 12am Fri\Sat. This would all be practice unless enough show and would like to run some races. The idea is put in as many laps as you can in 2 1/2 days for $35. Pit space is limited to about 35 spots, we will not be renting the Annex and tables we use for MHIC.

When you leave Denver and head on to Vegas you will be prepared for high traction racing of IIC come qualifying day. Track conditions at 5280 are very similar to Vegas with the dry climate, so there's no better place to prepare. Forgot to mention for those that have not run on this carpet. You may have heard gluing tires for both TC and Pan cars is essential. This will allow you test your gluing game and learn from some of the best how much is needed.

We have Gravity Tires for sale for both USGT and TC as well as blue towels, motor spray, and SXT.

If your interested in coming PM me.

Last edited by bkspeedo; 07-19-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silden
I'm thinking about going to 5280 for some pre IIC testing, but it is difficult to plan with the Elias summer classes and my work schedule. What tires are preferred for mod 1/12? still the blue/green? you are selling tires at the track?
Thank you
Sorry it took me a little bit to respond. Was away from a computer yesterday when Adam told me to check this thread.

For mod 1/12th, blue rears have too much bite on the new carpet, so the car will do the 'huck a buck' (TM Drew Ellis). As such, you need to go to a softer rear to take away grip and smooth the car out. Good combos for mod on the new carpet are:

F/R
JFT A30/A30 (Pink/Pink)
JFT A32/A30 (Magenta/Pink)
JFT A30/C30 (Pink/Green)
JFT A32/C30 (Magenta/Green)

The JFT S tires (X in Gravity) are good, too - although harder to drive in mod.

We don't sell these tires at 5280, but if you are planning on visiting, I can hook you up with some Gravity tires for the duration you are here - just PM me and let me know what combos ahead of time, as well as the timeframe for your visit. I have a pretty good selection available, but the advance notice would be good.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Northern Alberta Scale Car Auto Racers track in Edmonton AB has a 80'x60' track that has the new CRC Carpet
Old 07-21-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
For mod 1/12th, blue rears have too much bite on the new carpet, so the car will do the 'huck a buck' (TM Drew Ellis). As such, you need to go to a softer rear to take away grip and smooth the car out. Good combos for mod on the new carpet are:

F/R
JFT A30/A30 (Pink/Pink)
JFT A32/A30 (Magenta/Pink)
JFT A30/C30 (Pink/Green)
JFT A32/C30 (Magenta/Green)
Hey Chris,

Just looking for an opinion from you. Are the JFT tires A30/A30 (Pink/Pink) and the A32/A30 (Magenta/Pink) tires the same as other companies pinks and Magentas or does there appear to be something different about them other than the rims. I have some old inventory of Pinks and Magenta's (Not Jacos) and not sure if they can be successfully used still compared to the newer tires.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 07-21-2016, 01:38 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBLove
LSRCC in Superior, WI can be added to the list and it is also a track without a subfloor. They have had very good success with this method without any issues.
As a temp track the only issue they had was tape they were using( grey duct from sams club) which always worked excellent on the grey would not stay stuck to the new rug. Switching to gorrila tape seems to have solved the problem.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ho B Max in Durham NC measures in at 78×38.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

386 in Daytona is 40 x 76 with the same subfloor used at the 'birds.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Hey Chris,

Just looking for an opinion from you. Are the JFT tires A30/A30 (Pink/Pink) and the A32/A30 (Magenta/Pink) tires the same as other companies pinks and Magentas or does there appear to be something different about them other than the rims. I have some old inventory of Pinks and Magenta's (Not Jacos) and not sure if they can be successfully used still compared to the newer tires.

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve,

The JFT A foam appears to be very similar to the magenta and pink compounds from other manufacturers. Car feel, at least, also appears to be very similar. Biggest differences you will notice will likely be due to rim size and plastic, rather than the foam itself. Feel free to PM me if you have other questions - or post in the JFT tire thread.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Question about the carpet. How is the consistency of the grip level over a race weekend? Is it high to start and go ultra grip by the mains? Or is it more of the same level all weekend?
Old 01-07-2018, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Has anyone noticed that when only rubber tire clases are run, running occasional foam 1/12 grip is low and tire pickup is really bad?

Last edited by Jorge T; 01-08-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madulla
Question about the carpet. How is the consistency of the grip level over a race weekend? Is it high to start and go ultra grip by the mains? Or is it more of the same level all weekend?
Starts low and builds to a point. Best example is major races. first hour of open practice is sketchy on traction. It then levels out. After 3 hours of practice it is as high as it will probably be. If there is a long time where no one runs it will actually drop a little. At least that is my experience. The new black gen II has slightly less grip.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

New Entry needed for Texas
Newman's Hobby Shop Brenham, TX 92x42
Old 01-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
Starts low and builds to a point. Best example is major races. first hour of open practice is sketchy on traction. It then levels out. After 3 hours of practice it is as high as it will probably be. If there is a long time where no one runs it will actually drop a little. At least that is my experience. The new black gen II has slightly less grip.
t

The first 1/2 of your observation is correct but I will say we notice the more laps ran on the new carpet the greasier it feels and if its constantly ran for lets say 2 solid days it gets even worse but if the carpet has time to dry out (day or so not ran after a grove has been laid down it gets even higher .
Also with the use of sxt ...temperature plays alot into traction . lower temps (60-70deg) seems to be great but hotter (75-90) it gets greasy again
Old 01-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fastlane Raceway - Blue Springs, MO
Old 01-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jorge T
Has anyone noticed that when only rubber tire clases are run, running occasional foam 1/12 grip is low and tire pickup is really bad?
Yes. If the track doesn't have a lot of 12th scales or something else running foam the foam tires get a "glaze" on them and start to push about 4-5 minutes into the run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.