Mugen MTX-3

Old 05-05-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Heres the "G" I missed!!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Brake Pins

Originally posted by click, dublin

I noticed one of my brake plates had come loose.
I stripped the rear end & found I was missing the two long pins the brake plates slide on!!!
This is caused by a faulty install of the pins when are inserted into the chassis or the bulkheads. You need to install them in one hammer whack (put some CA to the ones that go into the plastic bulkheads to secure them - beware with fingers and nails Mr. Murphy is ever ready to act ).

Last edited by Corse-R; 05-05-2003 at 09:06 AM.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:00 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by click, dublin
Heres the "G" I missed!!
You can click and edit it.

I'm still waiting on the brown santa..
Old 05-05-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Corse-R I'll take all of the help I can get. I had some realy cool rolls. One was about 50 feet long with total flips, no slidding. I think the rear blade is from square, but I cannot remember. I will give your ideas a try. Thanks again My bad, it is a 3racing. I have a 2.5 bar on order, I think I am going to order a Kawahara also.

Last edited by mcsquish; 05-05-2003 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mcsquish
Thanks Corse-R I'll take all of the help I can get. I had some realy cool rolls. One was about 50 feet long with total flips, no slidding. I think the rear blade is from square, but I cannot remember. I will give your ideas a try. Thanks again
Put the stiffer wire from Mugen (T143) and probably all your problems will be gone. Cheaper and still adjustable.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default MTX-3 Tires

Whats UP All!!
Having a very tough time getting foams for this thing. All I know is the Fast tires wil definitely fit. Any other Manuf. making MTX-3 compatible foams?? I know offset of 2 for the rear, is that the only concern??? Searchrd the thread but haven't found the definitive answer. Any input is appreciated.
26mm front
30mm rear
Kevin
Old 05-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: MTX-3 Tires

Originally posted by hicheef
Whats UP All!!
Having a very tough time getting foams for this thing. All I know is the Fast tires wil definitely fit. Any other Manuf. making MTX-3 compatible foams?? I know offset of 2 for the rear, is that the only concern??? Searchrd the thread but haven't found the definitive answer. Any input is appreciated.
26mm front
30mm rear
Kevin
enneti tires
Old 05-05-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

hicheef did you get my pm about mr-12 settings?

about the foams 2 degree offset tires are nice they will make you life easy

but they are not totally necessary you can use the mugen pro spacer behind the wheel hex and use any 30mm rear and 26mm front

i believe kawahara also makes wheel hexs that add the 1mm needed to run any wheel

ellegi, enneti, nitro shoes, mugen fast tires, and probably a couple others i missed will fit

personally i run the mugen fast tires on the mtx3 wheels so i know i will never have a problem

i believe if your looking at tire descriptions and it says dtm mousse in the description that wheel has the necessary offset this applies to all tires made by GRP
Old 05-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Way to go Guys!! Thanks for the input!!!
Jason, no, didn't get the pm but i did mess around with the needles. Sent them all the way in counting the turns. Main went in two so I backed it out to the same, seemed right. The low though was only out about half to 3/4 turn so I'm gonna send that out another half and see if the temp comes down a bit. I'll let you know. If you do know though exactly what the Factory says they are sending them out set at I'd appreciate it!!!!
KEVIN
Old 05-05-2003, 05:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default rc magazines

hi guys i need your help im subscribing to a japanese magazine and need to know between rc magazine and rc world wich magazine is better???????

ps:i was told rc magazine has a lot of advertising,please help
Old 05-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

What's the part # for a mugen centax and that fits a v1r right witout mods i know this is only mtx3.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by NitroNut
What's the part # for a mugen centax and that fits a v1r right witout mods i know this is only mtx3.
use the whole set of mugen clutch and you dont need to mod anything.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: rc magazines

Originally posted by rcdubs
hi guys i need your help im subscribing to a japanese magazine and need to know between rc magazine and rc world wich magazine is better???????

ps:i was told rc magazine has a lot of advertising,please help
Yeah, RC Magazine has alot of ads, but if you know how to read Japanese, then both magazines are good. Both magazines have great articles about set-ups, tuning, suspension dynamics, and racing. If you don't know how to read Japanese, then at least you'll have alot of pictures to look at. I know a picture can say a thousand words, but reading about a particular product ( if you know Japanese ), can be a never ending learning process because there is sooooo much information that the Japanese write about. The Japanese takes RC to another dimension. They are really serious about thier toys and racing. Thats why both magazines have soooo many articles. Especially if it is used by one of their Big name drivers. i.e. Hara, Adachi, Osaka, or Masami. Goodluck
Old 05-06-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

hicheef those settings you described in your post are way way off

2 turns high and 3/4 low is way way too lean

i would start at least 3 turns out on low and 4 turns out on high

it is a much better idea to start too rich than too lean

i hope that you havent already done damage to that engine

my mr-12 also came at 3/4 out on low speed needle i dont know why i think ive gotten a mt-12 the same way ive found that is way too lean

luckily novarossi engines seem to be nearly indestructable
Old 05-06-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default tires

What shore tires come with the kit? Do nitro shoes work well?

Thanks

Check out this track. Its huge and in his backyard.

http://www.timezoneracing.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.