Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2012 AARCMCC SA IC Off-Road Titles >

2012 AARCMCC SA IC Off-Road Titles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 AARCMCC SA IC Off-Road Titles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey all,

first up thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki, MMI, AKA, Ninja, RC Hobbyzone, Neo + Fuels, RCRS, Podified Engines, Sanwa and anyone i forgot!

The event ran reasonable well but i am going to be the first one to say highlight the obvious lack of calling of lapped traffic... in the buggy final multiple back markers influenced the outcome of the results...

After having raced both onroad and offroad this year, the standard of driving at these events leaves alot to be desired... i understand the red mist factor but when you are being lapped pls show some courtesy and move aside... Not only do you ruin your race but you influence the final results...

Also it would be fantastic if we could get some consistent calls across AU from race control as there were alot of things not called that were clear issues... I personally did not have a single car called to move in 6 qualifiers and a final and i know others in a similar situation...

Feel free to flame away...

Last edited by Mr-s413bt; 11-11-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr-s413bt
Hey all,

first up thanks to my sponsors Mugen Seiki, MMI, AKA, Ninja, RC Hobbyzone, Neo + Fuels, RCRS, Podified Engines, Sanwa and anyone i forgot!

The event ran reasonable well but i am going to be the first one to say highlight the obvious lack of calling of lapped traffic... in the buggy final multiple back markers influenced the outcome of the results...

After having raced both onroad and offroad this year, the standard of driving at these events leaves alot to be desired... i understand the red mist factor but when you are being lapped pls show some courtesy and move aside... Not only do you ruin your race but you influence the final results...

Also it would be fantastic if we could get some consistent calls across AU from race control as there were alot of things not called that were clear issues... I personally did not have a single car called to move in 6 qualifiers and a final and i know others in a similar situation...

Fell free to flame away...
Well you shouldn't be so fast then LOL
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Any photos out there of the event????
Old 11-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twitch_1
Any photos out there of the event????
Some very average pics here (did not get right into the photo thing at this one) - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5670850&type=1

I did manage to jag this pic which has a car loosing its wheel if you look closely at right hand side of pic (cant remember who it was)

Dave
Old 11-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey all,

Ok, I thought that Jarrod did a pretty good job calling the races, it's bloody hard to do, keeping one eye on the track and the other on the race timing screen.

Glen, you did ask to "Flame Away".
Mate you are opening a can of worms here. If you not happy with the driving standards, do something to help improve them. Teach other drivers how to race better. you never know, you may learn something from those you help.
With your success and experience, I'm sure there is a lot people could learn about racecraft, chassis tuning and on track courtesy.

Last edited by magnuts; 11-14-2012 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by magnuts
keeping one eye on the track and the other on the race timing screen.
There's the problem right there! Cudos to Jarrod for doing what he does for the racing in Aust but there must be more than one person refereeing the race and it shouldn't be the race caller. It used to be in the rules somewhere that there needs to be at least two refs and they should have a means of communication to relay infringements to the race caller to dish out the appropriate disipline. What were the other officials doing during the race??

Another problem is that at most of the race meets we have been to the refs are too afraid to dish out disipline and so the meeting turns into a free for all. The race meets that had organisers that had some balls and dished out some disipline especially during the early stages of the event during qualifying were a pleasure to race at because the drivers behaved on the track.

The Nats at Shepparton in 2007 was one such meeting that was a real pleasure to be at and participate in. Another was the at your venue where Paul Wyllie was the director and no one had a problem with him in fact they all thought he did a stellar job, me included.

Don't tell Glen he's opening a can of worms, instead come up with a solution. Unfortunately being a do gooder and molly coddeling the drivers won't work. Consequences for their actions will.

Last edited by smelly62; 11-14-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

One complaint out of 80 plus entries...
Old 11-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey all,

its funny that i copped some flak from yourself for my comments on teh WA states. racing onraod also, we dont seem to have the same issue in Gas, EP onraod is different again, but now do you see my point about the comments i made earlier in the year ?
Old 11-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Who's talking about being a do-gooder, or moddy coddeling, as you put it.

I call it coaching.
Track etiquette is not written in a rule book.
Common sense, also, is not written in a rule book.
How can you penalise someone if they don't know and apply both common sense and etiquette.
But both can be taught by coaching.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by magnuts
Who's talking about being a do-gooder, or moddy coddeling, as you put it.

I call it coaching.
Track etiquette is not written in a rule book.
Common sense, also, is not written in a rule book.
How can you penalise someone if they don't know and apply both common sense and etiquette.
But both can be taught by coaching.
Glen is talking about the final where the drivers at that level are well versed in what is the right thing to do. Like I said there is only one thing that will work and that is providing a consequence for their actions, end of story
Old 11-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dos Andos
One complaint out of 80 plus entries...
For someone who doesn't really race IC you have alot to say Andy... I was not the only one who commented but i was the first one to say something publicly...

OH and Andy there were a few close to you that commented on how the standard dropped this year...
Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by smelly62
Glen is talking about the final where the drivers at that level are well versed in what is the right thing to do. Like I said there is only one thing that will work and that is providing a consequence for their actions, end of story
Thanks Steve... thats exactly my point... if you're in a position to make an a final you have a pretty good idea how it all works... its not soley the race directors job but it would help racing in AU to get some consistency...

Racing here has made HUGE strides in the last 3/4 years... We have Kyle and Matt showing the world how good we are in IC offroad and have Peter J in onroad (just qualified P12 @ the 1/10th IC worlds), our tracks and facilities are getting better by the year but the next major step is in how we implement/enforce the rules and manage to do it consistently...
Old 11-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey all,

I agree with the "lack of calling" but if there is a "call for lapped driver" has to be for all the drivers and not just for the "race leader" or second position.
There are drivers, in the final for example, that are in the 6th or 7th position, lapping people and trying to get in the first 5 position for the bump-up.
They never make a "call" for them. Are you running 6th or 7th? "who cares".
To be fair, the "call" has to be done for everyone or no one.
I think a big help can come from the computer.
At the club meet, our computer call the driver that is going to be lapped, i don t think that is happening at the national level and i don t know why.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marco cianfrone
I agree with the "lack of calling" but if there is a "call for lapped driver" has to be for all the drivers and not just for the "race leader" or second position.
There are drivers, in the final for example, that are in the 6th or 7th position, lapping people and trying to get in the first 5 position for the bump-up.
They never make a "call" for them. Are you running 6th or 7th? "who cares".
To be fair, the "call" has to be done for everyone or no one.
I think a big help can come from the computer.
At the club meet, our computer call the driver that is going to be lapped, i don t think that is happening at the national level and i don t know why.
I'v been there, Truggy Nats 2011 A main, thought I was like 11th 12th or some thing so was moving over anytime some one caught up, turns out I finished 7th and probably didn't have to move for some as it was for possition, but not knowing I just naturaly yeilded, calling "all" possitions on track more often durring the race could help in future ?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I found in the recent A final I had no Idea were I was and who I was competing with. I was therefore giving way to any car coming up behind me to the point where it was nigh on impossible to do a single clean lap. I guess thats part and parcel of being an also run.

Well done to the club and to the podium finishers. It was a fun event and racing is fun.

Cheers All.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.