Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Hong Kong Racing
HPI parts support in HK? >

HPI parts support in HK?

HPI parts support in HK?

Old 03-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default HPI parts support in HK?

Hi:

I'm planning to move to HK and was wondering if there are any part support for HPI in HK, especially for the Pro4?

Also, the Pro4 sell for about HK$2230 here in US, would it be any cheaper in HK?
Old 03-03-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: HPI parts support in HK?

Originally posted by Silvercomet
Hi:

I'm planning to move to HK and was wondering if there are any part support for HPI in HK, especially for the Pro4?

Also, the Pro4 sell for about HK$2230 here in US, would it be any cheaper in HK?
HPI parts supply is good here but the price you get on the pro4 kit is a little bit cheaper than HK.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:06 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: HPI parts support in HK?

Hi:

is that with tax or without? it might be cheaper here in hk if tax is added to that price!
Old 03-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the replies

I just got the Pro4 at a local hobby store here in California for $300 including tax, that figures out to be HK$2340

I heard that there is an on-road track at the old Kai Tak airport, does it have a website? What are the hours and what classes do they run? Is it going to be permanent?

Also I'd like to know what type of chargers you guys run in Hong Kong. I understand that its kind of hard to haul equipment to the track in HK since not everyone has a car, and I won't be owning a car either. So I guess chargers with built in power supplies would probably be more popular. Does anyone use the Pulsar Comp or Millenium Pro type of charger there?

Really excited about going to HK.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Regional Moderator

Thanks for the replies

I just got the Pro4 at a local hobby store here in California for $300 including tax, that figures out to be HK$2340

I heard that there is an on-road track at the old Kai Tak airport, does it have a website? What are the hours and what classes do they run? Is it going to be permanent?

Also I'd like to know what type of chargers you guys run in Hong Kong. I understand that its kind of hard to haul equipment to the track in HK since not everyone has a car, and I won't be owning a car either. So I guess chargers with built in power supplies would probably be more popular. Does anyone use the Pulsar Comp or Millenium Pro type of charger there?

Really excited about going to HK.
not that many ppl like to go to the kai tak (at least people in this forum) because people who race there is a bit rough and rude. we go to PYC which is further north in fanlin. most of the ppl who go there drive there or take car pools. i think its easier for you to go to the kai tak one since transportation is much better than pyc. as for classes, there are no weekly races. people just go there everyweek and chill, hang out, run there cars. theres occasionally some races that you could attend to.

charger wise, almost no one uses chargers with built in powersupply. most people bring power supply and chargers with them. some of the more popular chargers you;ll see are pitbull, millennium. some lrp...just all kinds of chargers, but mostly pitbull i guess. not that many people uses the turbo 35 cuz of the size!

hope this info helps. we'll see you in hk!
Old 03-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info, I think I will check out the track at Kai Tak.

Do you guys use 27 or 75Mhz in Hong Kong?

Also, do you know where I can get the Speedmind transmitter bag for the Ko Helios? Is it available in RC car shops in Mong Kok?
Old 03-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Regional Moderator

Thanks for the info, I think I will check out the track at Kai Tak.

Do you guys use 27 or 75Mhz in Hong Kong?

Also, do you know where I can get the Speedmind transmitter bag for the Ko Helios? Is it available in RC car shops in Mong Kok?
run whatever frequency in hk. were not as anal as the FCC here!
Old 03-15-2004, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Silvercomet,

I relocated from The States to HK about 3 months ago. There are only two tracks where you can run electric TC. As previously noted one is at the old airport (TRC) and the other is in Fanling (PYC). There are no web sites for either of these. The other track in HK is called ACO but this is for nitro and 1/8 scale.

When I visited TRC there were mostly nitro cars and few electric. I was told that the electric run on Tue. and Fri. nights. As disaster999 said, no organized racing.

I brought my XXX-T with me but have not found anyplace to run, although there seems to be a dirt track opening in the NT. I'm building a Xray T1R and should be testing it out next week.

You can find nearly anything you want as far as accessories in Mongkok. I don't think the Speedmind bag will be a problem.

Let me know when you will arrive.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:47 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

The Tin Shui Wai track has opened...there are a lot of people still sitting on the sideline as to whether to buy an off road......however, if you have XXX-T already then come along......there where a couple of guys running EP trucks last Staurday....
Old 03-16-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

dtm,

Where exactly in TSW is the track located?
Old 03-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

Okay . . . how about a hint?

You can PM me if you don't wish to respond in this thread.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Lano

there is no secret about the track. i think dtm knows well how to get there !
Old 03-18-2004, 04:20 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Lano

Oh sorry....I haven't looked in this thread!

Go here

http://www.centamap.com/cent/index.htm

Enter "Ping Shan" in the search engine, it will take you there.......

If you are driving I get give better directions.....
Old 03-18-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Try This
Attached Thumbnails HPI parts support in HK?-tsw-map_1.jpg  
Old 03-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by KY9fat
Try This
i think there is an RC club and a BBQ place next to it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.