Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher R12 Fusion

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 12:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by modellor
Your correct with the GT4. It has identical gearing and internal ratios as the 705.
What I like about the GT4 is that it now has the high response pulley set option which makes the high internal drive ratios achievable with the stock pinions and spurs. Good for small and tight tracks

Any news if the 18T brake pulley could be used on the 705?
Old 06-05-2003, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

It can but you would have to tap the pulley to allow it to be held by setscrew. But that is not a hard thing to do.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:49 AM

Originally posted by InitialD
If you rulled out the Reflex NT, how could you include the MTX-3? It has about the same final drive ratios as the Reflex NT and the V1RR.

Cars which you should look into for high speed (low final drive ratios) should be the GT-4 (4.4 I think), NTC3 (4.44) and the 705 (4.4).

BTW, the information about the Schumacher is interesting, which makes it the newest candidate for high speed tracks. Never knew that it had a low final drive ratio.
I haven't acutually checked either the MTX3 or the Reflex, I was just going on the info that team trinity guys were running prototype gears last year and mugen was too(spurs, pinions); I thought they fixed that with the mtx-3.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Heres something to check on your R12.... the screws for the second gear spur gear fell out during my main yesterday... cost me the win After looking it over I see that these screws will have to be locktited because of the rotation and acceleration forces (they are in the oposite direction of the first gear screws) They are hard to see when the car is assembled but you should be able to check them by trying to move the spur gear, it should have no play side to side. I would have used locktite if i would have built the 2 speed but since it comes assembled I figured it was built right I like the car so far except for the poor brakes... if you run a track that you need a lot of brake to go fast they will fade in about 6 mins of racing.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Got my one way today... cant wait for the weekend!!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Ottoman, It will be interesting to here your thoughs on the difference with and without a one-way.

I'll be finishing to run in the motor and racing on the weekend so should be fun.

tony
Old 06-12-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

defMondo... I will post my findings on the oneway Sunday night after I get back from the track... I am hopeing for more steering... I have been fighting a push since I got the car... I put on Mission shock towers last week... the extra shock adjustment holes helped.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Tech Rookie

i have had a few nitro stadium trucks and i was wanting to get a 1/10 sedan i was wondering what type u think i should go with... i was either wanting the schumacher fusion or possibly a traxxas nitro 2.5 4-tec... let me know

Adam
Old 06-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

get the r12. u will regret the 4tec later on.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Are you iterested in a sport vehicle or a race vehicle?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ottoman
defMondo... I will post my findings on the oneway Sunday night after I get back from the track... I am hopeing for more steering... I have been fighting a push since I got the car... I put on Mission shock towers last week... the extra shock adjustment holes helped.
Hey Ottoman,

Did you get a chance to try out the oneway?

I wasn't able to run my car last weekend so haven't had any track time with it yet.

Tony
Old 06-18-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

defMondo.... Sorry about that... I didnt get a real good test, they changed the track to one that didnt suit a oneway... but on parts of the course (sweepers etc) it had a lot more steering and carried more speed... I needed more time to find a set up for this track than I had time for, so I went back to the diff for the race. I am sure it will be better than the diff once I spend some more time with it... hopefully this weekend.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Ottoman,

Fair enough, I'm going to try to mess around with mine saturday as well and see what it can do.

Tony
Old 06-19-2003, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
If you rulled out the Reflex NT, how could you include the MTX-3? It has about the same final drive ratios as the Reflex NT and the V1RR.

Cars which you should look into for high speed (low final drive ratios) should be the GT-4 (4.4 I think), NTC3 (4.44) and the 705 (4.4).

BTW, the information about the Schumacher is interesting, which makes it the newest candidate for high speed tracks. Never knew that it had a low final drive ratio.
The v one rr does have have conversion that changes the ratio for more top end... ect it will work on the reflex also.
It is 25 TOOTH PULLEY AND BELT..
Old 06-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by drfritz
The v one rr does have have conversion that changes the ratio for more top end... ect it will work on the reflex also.
It is 25 TOOTH PULLEY AND BELT..
Yes, I mentioned this before. It's actually a 24 teeth pulley conversion with new belts. Change both the 19T pulleys and swap them with the 24T. This will make the V1RR internal drive ratio to 2 which would be the same as the Serpent and the Yokomo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.