Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best High End Charger Today

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Charles my Bro....

Any idea when will it be OUT AT STORES???

Or any word from Super Dragon??
Old 11-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by XrayFK
You're kidding me right? If you know anything about batteries, then you'd know that your pack is only as strong as your weakest cell. Even if you charge the cells individually, they still discharge in series, so matched packs are still just as important.

But anyways, I.C.C. looks to be a very promising charger.
Originally Posted by Ntensweapon
ghostfit...what do you mean cell matching isn't important anymore??? just because the charger does individuel cell charging..doesn't mean unmatched packs will perform any better. okay in all fairness it will but so will top shelf packs. discharge is where it matters....on the track
After reflecting on the posting of you guys, ....Yes, you are right ! ....I take back what I've said with apologies to any parties affected by my comments.

Buying matched packs will ENSURE that you got packs that'll give performance, unmatched packs are a gamble on the performance bit.

......Thanks for keeping me straight guys !
Old 11-24-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Charles my Bro....

Any idea when will it be OUT AT STORES???

Or any word from Super Dragon??
Dunno Leh !

Have not seen SuperDagon for awhile and I dun wanna bother him on the phone with a "Is it out yet ?" question !
Old 11-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Oh well....Then you shall have to wait longer then.....
Old 11-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had a long talk with the owner of the company that makes one of the premier chargers on the market... I wont mention his name without checking with him first. But I asked him about the individual cell charging concept... because it sounded logical to me.
He told me the concept has been around for a long time and that he tested the theory with old and new packs (GP 3300's) charging each cell with a individual charger. He monitored charge time and temperature of each cell. He said that, surprisingly, the cells all peaked around the same time and when discharging the packs he could measure no repeatable difference in PACK performance when charged individually or as a pack.
He did say that with individual cell charging your have to turn the peak very low and the chance of false peaking went up. He also said that if even one cell false peaks in your pack your screwed, race wise.
Just some food for thought

Last edited by ottoman; 11-24-2005 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Adept

check out this Robitronics Overloader:

Overloader

in their catalogue it's features are presented in english

http://robitronic.c02.at/katalog2005.pdf

I've got one, and I'm very happy with it. Austrian quality
Old 11-25-2005, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

Funny thing, .....this whole ICC business started off when I went shopping for replacement AA NiMh batteries for my transmitter several years ago, at a Sanyo outlet, they were offering all sorts of Sanyo batteries and chargers (Average peak type that take 12 to 5 hrs to charge AA) the sales person warn me to stay away from GP AA batteries and chargers.

Later I saw at another general outlet that sells Sanyo and GP product, I was drawn to a particular GP charger that takes only 1/2 hr to do AA cells, I bought the 1/2 hr GP charger little knowing about it's Individual Cell Monitoring/charging capability(They called it MCU) .....Later, I was wondering why the old AA batteries I had, not only came back to life but register 11V on my transmitter instead of the usual 10.2V after a full charge. After digging up and reading the GP Charger's manual, the old AA battery charger I had went into the dustbin ! ....I remember asking myself "Wouldn't it be great if a similar charger is available for Sub-C size cells" ......I guess the rest is history.

...Oh Yes, couple of weeks ago, I was at the place selling those chargers. The Sanyo outlet is no more there but a whole bunch of outlets displaying GP Products have set up shops ! ...And I see in Sanyo adverts that they too now have ICC(or MCU) AA charging units too !
Old 11-25-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I got to tell ya, by the time my cells are not noticably matched any more it's time for new cells anyway.I've been using CE products for 10+ years now and have never had an issue,but I will wait and see how the ICC performs before making any judgment.At the moment the two best chargers on the market hands down are the GFX and the Futaba CDR5000.The ICC concept has been around for awhile it's not really anything new.

Last edited by Hyper1; 11-25-2005 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

Hyper1, please show me what other charger has the ICC concept as I am very curious to see!
Old 11-25-2005, 03:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

[The ICC concept has been around for awhile it's not really anything new.[/QUOTE]

The key word here is concept not charger,we used to peak our batteries by clipping onto each cell it was a old trick that was used 10 or so years ago.I know that at least one of the major battery matchers has experimented with the concept and said it really gave no benefits.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper1
[The ICC concept has been around for awhile it's not really anything new.
The key word here is concept not charger,we used to peak our batteries by clipping onto each cell it was a old trick that was used 10 or so years ago.I know that at least one of the major battery matchers has experimented with the concept and said it really gave no benefits.[/QUOTE]
REALLY GAVE NO BENEFITS>>>>>>
Well I can think of 1 benefit that is odvious and will save you bunches in matched packs.....
Your Matched Packs will Stay Matched Longer because of two things.
One we all already discharge our packs to equallize each cell, and two then charge them equally will keep those $100 packs in prestine condition for a much longer time period.
I had a very nice Match Pack become un matched and not have even the slightest kind of power because there was one cell in the middle that wasn't getting its full charge worth and was causing the pack to become sub-par.
So really if the ICC only makes it so I don't have to buy new packs every two months....It is well worth the investment.

Hey Erik,
Not sure if I asked you this....But I think the answer is already yes please let me know.
Will the ICC have step charging feature with peak lockout for the first two steps?
That is why I use the Cell Masters currently...
Thanks and GOD Bless,
-Shookie <><
Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hyper1
[The ICC concept has been around for awhile it's not really anything new.
The key word here is concept not charger,we used to peak our batteries by clipping onto each cell it was a old trick that was used 10 or so years ago.I know that at least one of the major battery matchers has experimented with the concept and said it really gave no benefits.[/QUOTE]

I remember charging cells individually back in the mid to late '80s. But back then the charging capabilites are not what they are now. Charging cells individually should give better performance, espcecially if the cells are not matched by charge time.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:51 AM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just because you're charging cells individually doesn't mean the packs won't lose their match. Cells will react differently to the same charge, I would imagine there are still differences in a cell even though the numbers some matcher came up with are exactly the same...
Old 11-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

WOW! $100 packs,who charges that much for a pack of batteries? sounds lke somebodies gettin ripped off! I generally buy new batteries about every six-nine months or so which is probably more often than most people.If my batteries only lasted two months I would find a new matcher.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:53 PM
mk2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well i think the protrak 30 is one of thie nices chargers i have ever owend
and ive had victor iq and ce tirbo 30/35bl/gfx and i like the protrak the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.